Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-09-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
who rides ton of cable and prefers flex vs. traditional boards....why?
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-09-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
generally the flexers prefer it at cable for obstacles, for which I agree they are definitely more fun. You can use them for air tricks also but usually its not the preferred choice. Having said that they are perfectly fine for that also but as I said usually not the first choice. I rode the watson hybrid for a while which was probably the best compromise Ive found so far, and a lot of fun, altho I just switched back to a rigid board with the conspiracy since I wanted something with more bite for my air tricks.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-10-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Love flex... love pressin rails... love the soft landings off kickers... Traditional boards feel locked in and boring to me.... come back to the dark side
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-10-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
ha ha luker I know.. I am liking the change up with the byerly but that hybrid for sure has a special place in my heart, the easiest spinning board Ive ever ridden
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-11-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
cable rider here... flex is it! i ride my response without fins and it so fun! easy to do everything! no snagging!
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       06-14-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
flex for railz only and if you wanna do massive air and inverts then a stiffys the way!
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
I ride my Flex sessioning the rails and then strap on my stiffy and get it up HUGE!

if you are a rail rider Flex your muscle, if you are a big air guy stiffen it up.

if you do both do what works for you but you take a hit one way or another.
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 1:14 AM Reply   
I ride cable. Im getting a new board. Thinking of either the 2010 Byerly Monarch 54 (137) or the 2010 Hyperlite B-Side 136. What do you think is better? Will they be durable for cable? Is it ok that im moving up to a longer board?

Dont think I can ride flex. I like the bite of a rigid board
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-16-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Demo a CWB Vibe 136cm
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-16-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
ive been riding a cwb vibe 142 at cable for the last month and it is by far the best flex board out, its not overly flexy just right, and slides so easily. ive ridden slingshots, company, LF FLX and by far the best board is the vibe
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
yo sam! I just switched to Byerly, I got the 142 Conspiracy, wicked board. Personally speaking Ive tried the Monarch and I didnt like it too much, felt a bit strange when edging and super slow. Plus the monarch is no good for obstacles it will get trashed pretty quick. For cable your Byerly options are only the conspiracy which is Rathy's new shape this year or the Assault which Mitch Langfield rides. Both have the glass rope tech for toughness, and a durable bottom for obstacle work.

Personally I would say go the conspiracy 54 which is a 137. If you like bite, then this board has it!
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
I'll force CLo to allow to me to get that Conspiracy which I doubt...Hahhaha!!! =))
Maybe the Assault! or the Hyperlite BSide!
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Yo Sam, What Mark said
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
I say stiff... better for air tricks and stomping landings, and with the right board, still pressable as hell. I will say flex boards hold up a little longer, but I enjoy the snap for air tricks and the more solid landings of a stiff board.
Exhibit A for pressabilty of stiff boards... Ronix One
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-17-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
yeah press that *****!
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2010, 2:04 AM Reply   
thanks guys!! =)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-28-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
Thats a lovely press Luke! And since when do you do air tricks? Dam things have changed.

Definitely agree that it is a lot easier to get a pretty gnarly press out of a stiff board but flex is just fun and at the end of the day fun is the most important feature to me.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-28-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Kris you've seen me do air tricks... where the hell are you and when are you coming back?