Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-21-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
I'm looking at two bindings right now the 07 Murray’s and the 07 CWB Zeus. Tried both sets on at the shop and they both feel good. Read some post on both bindings about the Good and Bad. But wanted to know if anyone has actually rode both sets of bindings and preferred one over the other. Guy at shop will sell them around the same price. I know there have been some issues with the BOA and it looks like HL is dropping it from the 08 Murray’s.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
The boots are very different. If you like flexibility get the Murrays. If you want a secure feel with a lot of ankle support go with the Zeus. The Zeus has had some issues with the Recoil, if you go easy they will be fine & you have the option of getting the regular lace overlay from CWB. IMO the CWB are a better made boot, the Recoil thing can suck but overall they are more durable.
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-21-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Thanks BH, I did notice the flexibility between the two. My main concern was how the boot system would hold up. Like I mentioned I read some problems about the BOA and some instances of bindings coming apart. And the Recoil on the CWB not being able to hold up in some cases coming undone. Most people will speak up when there is a problem. If the boot system is good of course you don’t really read too much of those post. I’m replacing a pair of 05 Murray’s. Thanks for your input. I did not know about overlay replacement.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
if you are replacing the 05 murrays and the BOA is still good on them nothing has changed. it is still the same BOA. I just picked up a pair of 07 murrays and they are boss. But not quite as much support as the 05 murrays so if your after a stiffer binding go the Zeus if you dont mind a little flex go the murrays as long as you have your warranty you will be all good! Hyperlite and CWB are probably the best companys when it comes to warranty.