Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-01-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Man I swear the more questions I get answered about this ballast system the more pop up. On ballast systems that utilize fly high bags and aerator pumps , how do you have the bags hooked up. I.E. which hole fills drains or vents.
Upload
Old     (cab13367)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-01-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
If this is a side view, #1 is up high on my bags, like #3 is. It fills through #3 and drains thru #2. #1 is capped and would serve as the vent. This is on a 2006 Moomba LSV.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-02-2008, 2:21 AM Reply   
If I saw your bag in the boat as you have it pictured - you need to flip it over so that #1 -the vent- is on top.

Drain always from the bottom and fill from the top. So since you flipped it over fill#2 drain#3
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-02-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Cool sounds good. I was hoping I could fill and drain from the bottom but thought maybe that wasn't such a good idea as the aerators might not have handle the pressure. Yes it is a side view. Now I have to figure out how to get the factory quick connect out of the bag. Any ideas, hair dryer?
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
My rear ballast is set up to fill and drain from the bottom (two 300lb sacs - one 800gph aerator pump). I have never had a problem with them not filling. If that makes running your hoses easier, I don't think it would be a problem.