Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-07-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
I wanted to say thanks to Supra for continuing to impress me with their attitude towards customers.

Yesterday we had a great day out on Lake Geneva with some friends and then I come home to a UPS package on my door step from Skiers Choice with some goodies in it. A towel, bag, coozies and some decals. It was unsolicitied and very impressive. Great job to Skiers Choice for understanding what it takes to instill brand loyalty. Thanks for the great boat and customer service.
Old     (lotoftime)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Maybe you could send her an e-mail to cheer her up.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/464158.html?1184898657
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-07-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Wow, one bad post spoils the fun :-(

I hear in Ronia's goody bag there was some bondo, wax, and sand paper :-)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
You guys are harsh, I feel sorry for Ronia.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-07-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Wait till next year when your swim platform falls off and they decline your warranty. Did they send you some super glue?

(Message edited by john_d on August 07, 2007)
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
ROFL.... this thread is funny.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-07-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
No joke Leo... Notice how Ronia hasn't been posting near as much as of late??? Gee wonder why. You guys should really take a class on maturity and courtesy.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Bazel congrats, thats good to hear. I've ridden in the 24ssv and its very sweet. 48 posts Bob, thats a respectible post count, except 46 of them have been hating on Skiers Choice. Maybe its time to diversify. What about Malibu CC and Mastercraft. Surely theres something to hate on them for too. But, if you want to continue your rampage against skiers choice, Go to a different site where your hating is new and fresh and I wont have to read over skip over your posts anymore.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-07-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
my supra motor and tranny went out within the first year the 06 gg ssv lanch and they told us becouse we had water spots on it we wernt taking care of it when we pulled it out of the water and took it to them we didnt have time to wipe it down. so we have a malibu now.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-07-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
That Supra Motor and Tranny is the same Motor and tranny that is in your Beloved Malibu.

Wipe down your boat!!!!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
What the hell does wiping down your boat have to do with the engine?
Was that a dealer call or factory call to deny the engine and what are the other circumstances if any?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Tyler-
I'm not sure how to take your comment.

I'm glad people are happy with Supra. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Ronia
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
Bob Walker your an idiot. Thats really all i have to say.

chase butler, i am willing to bet there is more to your story than you are telling. Water spots, get real.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
I am glad to see that I am not the only one tired of all the haters posting. Its just a fact that you will eventually have problems with any manufacturer whether its your boat, board, rope etc. I love my Supra and yes I have had some issues but I got them resolved and I still love my Supra and will certainly by another one.

Bazel - I am glad you like your boat and don't let the pessimist get your thread down.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
no theres not they said that since there were water spots on it we didnt take care of it. boat in water = water spots those guys were trying to find any way out of it that they could so anyways there is a supra 06 gg for sale if anyones interested
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
they put a new motor in it and fixed everything
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I got a new motor and tranny in my 21v within a year too. My boat was spotless when I took it in. Looks like a hurricane hit it now. Gotta love your dealer.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
I find this quite humerous. Supra has been good to us and I would recommend them to others. The little things have gone a long way. I am confident that my NEW boat purchase will be fine and any issues will be addressed, as some have already.

For the haters:
Chase - Who made the statement and did they look at the engine other than by opening the cover? Get your brain around the fact that what you are stating makes no sense. If the dealer said this there must be some documentation and reasoning other than water spots.

Bob - I will do that with my next statement.

Ronia - I sympatize with your issue, but as it has been identified many times on your thread, you are out of warranty. You did not transfer the warranty and as written in it and EVERY OTHER manufacturers blisters are not covered. You are getting great service by them offering to split it with you. That was 50% more than they are obligated to give to you. Sorry to be blunt but I am amazed that you are not looking at what they are trying to do over what they are not when there is no obligation.

JD - Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on that. The Elmers glue is ready to go.

Anyways thanks again to Rick and the team. The family has loved the 30 hours we have put on it.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
thats waht i said they were telling us that we didnt lake care of the boat becouse there were water spots on the hull they were trying ta say that we miss treated the boat
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Bazel is spot on with his info regarding warranty

There is a transferable warranty on the hull and it's up to the new owner to take care of the registration thru a Skiers Choice dealer.

It's all explained in the owner's manual.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Bazel,
Not hating on you just trying to pass on the info I have seen. I hope you have many hours of great times on your boat but the things I have seen lately about skiers choice don't give me alot of faith. What should impress you is when you need something fixed they get it done and don't cost you time on the water or try to decline your warranty claim.

P.S. Most people get a bunch of free stuff from the manufacturer we just don't post about it. MC sent me 2 backpacks, a hat, key chain, Coozie and stickers. I'm sure it is all paid for in the cost of the boat.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
JD., did they send you any lube so that when you resale your boat it won't hurt as much
p.s. Ronia if you are not happy with your USED boat then buy a new one, if not take your broke arse home

(Message edited by supra24ssv on August 08, 2007)
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Actually I could sell my boat for very close to what I paid for it right now and it is 5 years old. Im sure you cannot say the same but best of luck.

(Message edited by john_d on August 08, 2007)
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
I think Wakeworld should make a new rule prohibiting children from posting about their parent's boat woes....I'm having a hard time with Chase's story.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Well I just sold mine 2 weeks ago and in fact I did better on mine than you THINK you could do on yours. This thread was started as a thanks thread but some people have to come on here and bash, JD I hope you love your 5 yr old boat, I loved my 07 Supra and can't wait for my 08. Thanks SC for the good times.

Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
It's great and I will keep it until I find something better I want to replace it with. Good luck with your new boat hopefully it doesn't have many problems.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh, the entitlement society at work once again.

What we really need is to hire more attorneys and make all these filthy rich boat builders give us new boats for nothing!!!
Sorry, couldn't let this one slide. Rant over.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Man, it's crazy how many Supra haters there are on this site. I have an '04 22SSV with 250hrs. (See profile pic) I have never had even ONE SINGLE problem that could be traced back to the build quality of the boat. IMO SC builds the best boat for the money and they back up their product as well. Rick does a great job and is on this site quite often.

Bazel - You stated that SC was offering %50 more than they were obligated to. In reality, it's %100 more than they needed to. But I agree w/ you anyway.
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
Amen Brother!

Some people just like to flame I guess.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
JD, thanks for the insight and I am aware of others manufacturers doing this. It never hurts to acknowledge good customer service since you and others have no issue slamming them. I didn't know it would be so bad to thank them publicly.

So just to be clear you have had no issues with SC since you do not own one but yet you are slamming them from things you have seen with others and read on line. It is a good job that MCs have no issues and always step up to the plate to fix issues that are out of warranty.

Chase, who told you this the dealer or SC? If it was SC I am assuming that they would be going on info from your dealer. Just trying to understand the issue.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Talk about haters..... Ronia didn't hate and was direct and polite in her single post on this thread. Seems to me as an outsider looking she has not deserved one of your flippant comments back.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Bazel,
I am not slamming them just pointing out a couple of current posts I have seen recently on this board. I also have been around here long enough to remember when SC was really pushing for market share and had a great name for customer service among the members of this board SC owners or not. I would say that has declined recently.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
MC guys are mad cause theres a boat that throws a KILLER wake and cost less. Go figure????

Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Where? Did i miss it?
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
hmm never seen that Supra on LG. How often to you get out there?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-08-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Bazel-
So next season when your 2006 Supra starts blistering, are you telling me you are not going to be upset that your fairly new boat is blistering????

My beef with Supra is: for a company who claims to make quality boats, I don't think a 3 year old boat should blister. If I bought it new or not, this boat should not be blistering. And please don't anyone post about how I know nothing about how the original owner took care of the boat, etc. etc. In fact, on Supra's own website, there are some 2004 Skiers Choice owners who have the same blistering problems I have. They bought their boats new and had to fight with SC to fix them.

I'm not an SC basher/hater, I'm just explaining my situation and my opinions ...... I'm not going out of my way to bad mouth Supra at all.

PS- I received a phone call from Rick Tinker today and that says a lot about SC in my opinion also.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-08-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Supra mostly impresses me because compareto BU MC and CC they "get it" in terms of wake.

A supra 21v wake is GREAT with no mods required, period.

A stock MC stock CC or stock BU wake? Not so much....they are great, but you have to add ballast.

Why don't the big three get it? The x1 and 210 should come standard with 1500 pounds ballast, period. The bigger bu's, the xstar, and the 220/230 should come with 2000 PLUS pounds, standard.

Sorry for the rant, but I am constantly impressed with the Supra wake right out of the box even though my favorite wake period is the x1 slammed.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Im so mad at skiers choice the boat is just to good. The Dealer has been great and so has SC. Why why put me through this pain :-)
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Alright guys, chill. Why does it make people mad when someone wants to talk about a positive experience with a dealer? They didn't say that their boat is better than yours.

Can't we all just get along ?!?!?
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
Ok you got the call, what did Rick say?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-08-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
I wasn't home and he left a message. I need to return his call. I will update when an updated status happens.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-08-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
hey mid west, just going to counter your opinon with my own here. but i will put a "out of box vlx wake" way over the 21v. a stock vlx, bow ballest with power wedge, the wake is thick and massive, its plain huge. you dont need to add a thing. bow ballest is an option for the vlx and standard for the lsv, 23 and 247. you can bring a vlx home with bow ballest and power wedge and you will have + 2400# of ballest. you are correct about the old sante and the mc v205 hulls they need more wieght. and as for the 21v and all of the supra line they are very nice boats. but each to his own. oh and dont leave sanger out of that need wait class. i ran 3500# in my v215 it was nasty. no offence mid west, much love, lates.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-09-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
Ronia, what makes you think you deserve anything? Your boat is out of warranty, give it a rest, trust me SC does not want customers like you. Well, I do not speak for SC but I have had customers like you and I tell them where to go. I am sure they would love you to buy a nautique 2001 so you could complain about the wood stringers.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-09-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
Hey supra for me, Go easy there man. We all know you tell people where to go. You are just being straightup rude.}
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
supra for me- Cause when I shell out $35000 for a boat (new or used)... I don't expect the hull to blister a year later!!!

Excuse me if I didn't buy it brand new. My issue is with quality, not with warranty.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
"Ronia, what makes you think you deserve anything? Your boat is out of warranty"

I think Ronia has a valid point in her situation, and deserves to be addressed by SC. I have had many boats, and been exposed to tons of others with tons of hrs. No blister probs(other than stuff that sits in the water for a long time). Frankly, IMO SC has quality issues and/or customer service issues. SC, or any manufacture does have a responsiblity to stand up for quality issues of boats that are resold on the used market. Knowing they will not stand behind their product past the first buyer would keep me from ever buying one of their products, new or used.
I know that a lot of people like them, but if they are having a late model boat blister for no explainable reason, and then refuse to address the prob???

The 2001 crack, last I checked when the 2001 was out everyone was still using wood. Maybe MC wasn't, but don't think so. Compare a supra of the same year to a 2001 and I'd just have to laugh. Tons of 2001s still out there, while the Supras are rotten, or scrapped by now.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
I have only had a few minor problems with my Supra, love it so far! That is not to say that in the future I could get a Nauti, Malibu, MC,Sanger,.... The reality is that every boat is going to have problems at some point, no matter what make or model. It is all about personal preference in what boat you choose to purchase. I think it is funny how people argue online over the various topics about boat, boards, bindings, wake, etc... It gives me amusement every day.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-10-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Amen to that Patrick. ;)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-10-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^ +1

i think all the boats are kick a$$.. Supra, MC, CC, Bu, Wakecraft, Tige, Sanger, MB... everyone of them are cool. I only look forward to riding and driving more of them... no matter what kind!
Old     (nubb)      Join Date: May 2006       08-10-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
The one thing that continues to amaze me about this thread and Ronia's original thread are the number of non-gelcoat experts who continue to make the following statement: "IMO SC has quality issues and/or customer service issues". Look at the facts from both threads. Has a qualified expert looked at the boat to determine the possible cause of the blisters? From my reading, the answer is no. In regards to SC customer service, since buying my Supra used from a dealer, I have been treated with nothing but respect. When I have had an issue, it has always been dealt with just as if I had purchased the boat new. The problem with threads like this is that they bring out the brand bigotry. The sad thing is, is that probably 90% of those on WW are like Onlyinboards.com and myself, we are boat guys period. It doesn't matter who makes what as long as it gets you wet on the weekends.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Nubb-A professional should look at it indeed. But a 3 year old boat SHOULD NOT BLISTER. There's thousands of pre 90s misused boats for sale all the time and it's easy to tell they were misused. Blisters don't usually reflect this(if ever). Our 1990 Bayliner Capri 2050 looked like hell inside and out when we bought it till I buffed, waxed and cleaned the interior. Never once when we sold it in 2005 did a gelcoat or blistering problem occur. same with our previous Centurion etc...