Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-09-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Ok, I was doing some comparison and needed help. In comparing the standard equipment on both boats, here are the options I found that are standard on the LSV and not the VLX:

Bow Ballast
Pop-up bow light
Pull up cleats (pair)
Pull up cleats (2 pair)
Monsoon engine

Now my question is...What is a good estimate for the total price of these options or VLX upgrades? I know most will be minimal so I guess I'm maining talking about the bow ballast and the Monsoon engine. My reasoning behind all this is that the beginning MSRP difference between the two boats is $4,350 and I wanted to see how much these options make up for that difference. If one was going to add these options to a VLX anyway, then the LSV might be an attractive option for not too much for money.

Hopefully you all can see where I'm going with this. Thanks for the help!

P.S. Would you all think dealers would be more willing to deal on LSV's over VLX's? I know this depends on the market...I'm in Texas.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on February 09, 2005)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-09-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Also...Is the Monsoon enough engine for the LSV or is the upgrade recommended? We will probably be running full ballast, wedge, and an average of 4-5 people.

Thanks

* By the way, I am talking about 2005 boats.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on February 09, 2005)
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-09-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
I'm not sure on the 05 boats myself, but if I was in the same situation I would go with the VLX even if the price was the same, especially if you have 5 people average in the boat. I would say I have an average 7 to 8 people and I have a VLX. I personally like the VLX better, but with all the new changes, who knows. The only reason I would get an LSV is if I had a ton of people and a ton of stuff all the time. This is just my 2 cents, I mean some people like the LSV better. Which of the two do you like better or are you just going by price?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Jarret, didn't know you were on board. I ride with an avg crew size of four or less and max at 8 on holiday weekends, the VLX handles the load. The LSV can be need a little extra power when weighted down for surfing. Ask Frank for a ride in his new boat, he has the upgraded engine. My new ride will be in March 15.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-09-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
You should upgrade to the 383 in the 23 and the difference between the two boats usually runs around 3000 comparably equiped.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-10-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys.

Shane, we'll be out there this weekend at the Malibu demo day. Hopefully it won't be raining or as cold as it is right now! What boat did you order?

I've been leaning towards the VLX anway, but was curious the actual price difference comparatively equiped. It seems I have a decent idea now.

Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       02-10-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Jarret

We just got our 05 lsv. comming form my SAN is is a whole different world. You remimber how steap my wake was a waketoberfest. The LSV has a lot longer ramp to is and is smother from bottom to top with no trough. and a ton more room and storage.

Later
Shawn Landrum

(Message edited by Superair on February 10, 2005)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-10-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Shawn for the info. Man, you have a good memory...I'm surprised you remember who I was! Yeah, you're wake was HUGE at Waketoberfest...and it probably helped that we had like 10+ people in your boat! So are you going to change your screen name now?!

I'm really excited about getting to finally check out both of these rides IN THE WATER instead of the showroom floor.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on February 10, 2005)
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       02-10-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Jarret email about the prices when you make a decision. I got a great deal on my LSV. check it out
www.shawnandmarilyn.com/05lsv.htm
and if you know anyone who need a SAN
www.shawnandmarilyn.com/2000superair.htm
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
The LSV definately is worth it if you have a big crew. The '05 VLX however has a ton more space in the cockpit than previous generations. Another thing to think about is that with the larger boat the LSV is going to require more weight to create an equal wake, with this additional weight you might also need additional power. So where the Monsoon is fine for the VLX it might not be for the LSV, just another thing to consider. Congrats on your guys' sick boats, I am jealous, I can't wait to get a boat...sigh...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-10-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
Shawn,

Wow! Very nice ride! So you went with the Titan III? Thanks for the offer to help and I will definitely get in touch with you once we decide what route to go.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
I ordered a VLX again.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
LSV wake is really wide. VLX is a much better everyday boarding boat, just does not have the space for bodies. Both great boats.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-10-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
the LSV and the VLX are on the same hull, the LSV is 2 inches wider.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Actually the hulls are similar but not the same. When I was looking I toured the plant and asked the main differences. Mainly the vlx has a sharper V for rough water, and a smaller running surfaceso it sinks easier. If you look at it you can see how ot is indented more than the lsv. There were also a few other differences that i don't quite understand and cannot explain. Mainly, the vlx started as a lsv and then was improved upon.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
Still have an 04 VLX for sale if anyone's interested.
75 hrs, mint, tower speaks and amp, Stephen Hiltshnerburger has ridden behind it. He's cool.