Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-07-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
I can now jump wake2wake but im not getting that much air as i see other people getting. Anyone got any tips on getting bigger air? and any tips on learning to jump ts?
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-10-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
What up Alex ? Here is a pic of you @ Pillsbury
Alex
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-11-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Load the line. Line tension is what gives you more air. A progressive edge, strong cut, and good handle position will help generate the load on the line you need for big air.
Old                07-15-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
Make sure you stand up at the top of the wake and ride all the way through it too.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-15-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip002.asp
http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip009.asp
http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?id=50
http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?id=59
Old                08-08-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
If you seariously want to get more hangtime, save up and buy a pilon. The first day i ever rode with a pilon the air scared the crap out of me. If you already got a pilon or lift to your rope than i have nothen else to tell you exept practice and taking a good cut into the wake.
Old                08-13-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
Air is all about edging all the way thru the wake while standing tall. you can clear the wakes from 4 feet out if you really lay that edge in and stay strong off the wake... it'll send you straight up... beautiful!
Old                08-13-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
Taylor, Do u have any pics of your Pilon, i am trying to get a good 360 view of 1 so that i can make a good strong pilon.
Old                06-27-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
dude dont try to make a pilon yourslef...itll look sooo ghetto
Old                06-28-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
Dude, my buddy put some Estes model rocket engines on his board and lit them, ha ha ha, it was sooo kewl. He didn't get any more air or anything but it was bitching.

Old                07-06-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
I need help getting air! If anybody can help me that would be great! I dont have a pilon! dose it make that big of a difference? I anybody can give me any tips on getting more air, that would be awsome!
Old                07-06-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
Taylor, how much more air did you get once you got your pilon?
Old                07-06-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
im not sure how much more air it will give u with a pilon or tower because ive never ridden with one but i dont really have much of a problem going w2w on mine and i go from the back of the boat....but i guess it just has to do with technique i have only been boardin for about a year and i still cant do any inverts
Old                07-07-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
a pylon or tower does help a little bit...but when i ride with out my tower...i get the same air...i think its all about the progressive edge.
Old                07-07-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Oh, thanks... I just ride on the back of my boat too. I wasnt sure if I should get a pilon or not! That just saved me a lot of $mmmmooonnneeeyyy$
Old                07-07-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
I can get the w2w but i just need help on getting some more air. I not sure what im doin wrong! I tried a lot of stuff but i cant find what to do right! Ive gotten a lot of help but i need more! Ill try holding the rope closer to me and cutting in harder. I dont have a spedometer though... so i dont know how fast im going! I think i need to slow down a lil. Any more help would be great!
Old                07-07-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
When I went from the back of my boat to a tower I noticed a big difference in my air and getting out of the water. When I asked how to get better air I heard it all, you need a good edge, a light board, a tower, the right amount of weight to create a big wake, rope tension. It's all true but I was proven wrong when a cocky friend of mine said he could get crazy air off an alluminum fishing boat. Go ahead, I laughed too. After a $300 bet that he couldn't get over 2 foot. I realize over 2 foot isn't high but were talking about a boat that doesn't creat wake. We tried. Max speed of this little boat is about 20 mph. I sware he got about 3 or more foot and my money. So I agree with tylor tupy Practice is the key.
Old                07-07-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
Ill keep try'in!
Old                07-07-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
The only thing is im not getting a good pop off the wake! Is it better to stand tall once im cutting in or keep your knees bent?
Old                07-07-2004, 11:05 PM Reply   
I've always heard people say stand tall but all my years as a skateboarder has taught me that if I want to get big air I need to dig in low and pop up as I launch. Once I'm in the air I tuck my legs in again, at this point I look like a flying little kid. When I saw how I was doing it (on tape) that's when I got the idea "if I'm tucked up anyway why not flip". Bad idea. I've drank more than half the lake. (trick in progress) I'll let you know if I can ever get it landed right side up. Anyway that's how I was taught but everyones different.

(Message edited by rockyncali on July 07, 2004)
Old                07-08-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
alright i have a question 1.when i try to go into the wake the rope will go loose so i dont have enough power to get alot of air
Old                07-08-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
You just need to keep pulling away from the boat. Then the rope gets tight and it almost gives you more speed goin into the wake! It worked for me! But everyones different!
Old                07-09-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
alright thanks
ill have to try that
Old                07-09-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Hey Cole, Its most likely that your making your initial cut back to the wake to quickly. When you cut outside the wake to setup, flaten out until you feel yourself slowing down. Then slowly get on your edge and start your turn towards the wake. If you take a real quick turn back towards the wake, you will get a lot of rope slack. That sounds like what you are doing. Once you get the slow turn down, then just get on your edge and hold it, all the way through the wake.

(Message edited by r_dub on July 09, 2004)
Old                07-09-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
alright one more thing after i clear the wake how am i sposed to land
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-09-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
Alex- Take a look at the picture that Walt posted. You have pretty good body and handle position. Maintain the edge you have in that picture through the top of the wake. Carve into it so you start easy and are edging your hardest through the top of the wake. Standing tall at the top is good, as long is that doesn't make you flatten the board out as you leave the wake. The important part is to edge all the way through. Have your friends watch your spray (like I'm seeing in the picture). If that disappears as you go up the wake, it means you are flattening out. Also, focus on taking it up, not out. For ts, keep your front knee bent and let the handle stay between you and the boat. You back arm should be going all the way across the front of your body as you edge in. Let go with your back hand before you land. Everything else is similar to a hs jump. Good luck.
Old                09-22-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
edge hard to the wake, and when u hit the wake stand up.