Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            10-03-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
I was reading an article about the new innegra S fabric and i think Brewkettle brought the fabric to our attention. I watched this video of those folks driving over a board laminated with the stuff:

http://www.innegrity.com/surfboard/index.htm

I just had to!

What's your guess as to the outcome? :-)

Upload
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-03-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
It broke.

Are your stomach hairs sprouting yet?

Old    surfdad            10-03-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
Are your stomach hairs sprouting yet?

I'm driving over wakesurf's, don't you already have the answer to that question? :-)

I thought there was a chance it would flatten like a pancake, but not even the cheap enamel paint cracked. Although the tire print was worth the price of admission.

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            10-03-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
So I'm thinking; WOW! that's really impressive, I must build a really strong sandwich...blah, blah, blah. So I pull out an old PuPe 4/4 x 4 thinking THIS thing will crush like an aluminum can.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            10-03-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Nothing. Any "imperfections" :-) were already existant before going under the car. :-) Oh well, not such an impressive display of durability. :-) The curb weight of that car is about 2,600# so slightly less than @ 700# per wheel...but it's spread pretty well I think, so probably not all that much in terms of PSI.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Dude!! I totally thought you were buffing when you posted the first pic! Thats awesome!
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
once friend run over my feet very slowly. I was freaked out but nothing happened, it felt like big pressure but well spreaded all over.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-03-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
What does that car weigh?.....a couple hundred pounds probably.

Run over the damn thing with your TRUCK, and the boat. Then get back to us.

Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
so it's polypropylene fabric?
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
where can I buy it?
Old    surfdad            10-03-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
@ deepcove - I NEVER bluff about destruction of a board - it's way too much fun. :-)

@ Petr - yeah PP and GraphiteMaster is the ONLY place I've seen it in the USA, there's a place in AUS that is supposed to have some, but I don't know the name. At GraphiteMaster call and talk to Ken - those folks have everything.

@ dtw the boat and truck! That sounds like such a good idea! :-) Actually James thought of it as we were pulling out. I changed the orientation so that it went widthwise and also right side up, so as to minimize the load dispersing. My driveway to the shop is roadbase - so lots of rocks. That sandwich did fine, but the rocks look like they punctured the skin in two places. The PuPe is TOAST! Interestingly enough the stringer remained intact, but the PU and FG was obliterated. THAT was fun. :-)

Oh! That was just the boat and trailer, I'm guess the boat is 4,500 and the trailer is what another 800? so 5,300. What is that per wheel? 1,325 or something?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-04-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
WOW!
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Sweet! Great Test!!
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-04-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
So if you had driven over your surfboard (assuming that you had one and used it for "real" surfing in the ocean wherein you had to paddle into waves), it the thread title would be "Driving over my surf?"
Old    surfdad            10-04-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
justsomeguy, then ubertuber, I lost track after that Peter - we've all missed your caustic wit! :-)

@ Jon - I don't know if it was a great test or not, but it was fun! :-) It was interesting to see how the boards spread the weight or not :-) AND how much weight the basswood stringer can manage.
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-04-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
I'm just seeking clarification on the nomenclature that is being used here.

The thread title just struck me as being very awkward.

(going to get my wakesurfs out of the garage and load them into the boat for a possible Monday afternoon work abatement session)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-04-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Jeff has too many surf boards and too much time!
Old    surfdad            10-04-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
Show! You say that like it's a bad thing! :-)