Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
So I picked up my New Setup this weekend.. 09 S4 and 09 Ones.. Freakin stoked about them.. Probably going to have to freeze my butt off just to try it out..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Nice. Just picked up the 09 Ones myself from a guy on the classifieds. Waiting for UPS to bring them. How secure is the new mounting system?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
Aaron, I was extremely impressed.. I strapped them on and tried to flex them.. The lack of heel and toe lift was very minimal.. Definitely the best I have seen, hopefully it will stay that way throughout the season. I do have them mounted all the way out, so I had to use the spacers.. Like I said, extremely tight imo, but I imagine if you dont ride all the way out, and dont need the spacers, it may be even better.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
I ride all the way out as well. I didn't know spacers were needed. How do they work?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-04-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Aaron, I think it depends on what board brand you ride. Ronix and LF's newer models may have a similar mounting pattern on them that doesn't require any spacers to ride full width.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-04-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
clean set up man, good call on not getting sovens boots...ugly as hell haha.

gotta love the ones :-)
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Aaron, as I understand it, on the new LF and Ronix boards the holes are spaced slightly differently than in the past. And I may be wrong on this, but I think the binding baseplate is smaller as well, by 1 inch. The spacer is only needed if your stance is all the way out ( which by the way is wider than last years boards also). My ones came with two spacers, one goes on the inside side of both bindings. I was hesitant about it at first, but seems to lock down very nicely. Like I said, that was just the way I understand it, so if I am wrong, someone feel free to correct me. Also, the inside of the box describes alot better, and shows you everything you need to know, for whatever year board you have.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-04-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
I like the looks of the 09 Sovens... but I have the new 09 Ones as well and love them. Easiest boot ever to get in and out of. Light as a feather. No heel/toe lift. Comfty as shiz.

I'm all the way out with spacers and have ridden a good bit with them. No problems with loosening after sets or increased heel/toe lift.
Old    sdahockey21            02-04-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
I have explained the 09 Ronix binding system in a past thread. When i get more time after I will explain it. But flyhigh, the way you have your board set up now, you are probably out further than you are used to because of the new 6inch plate system.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-04-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
yeah, on the newer insert patterns with 6 inch plate boots, we now have the 'gangster stance' option, which is actually wider than all-the-way out
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-08-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
you do realize that the tongue on your boots pictured in on the outside of the liner. It should be inside the liner, like the tongue on a shoe or snow boot. it just might be a bit comfier that way.

(Message edited by tom_paz on February 08, 2009)