Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    se7en            03-14-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
I ride in Lake George, NY during the summer elliot
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
Matt I'm from WC as well where do you live?
Old    proairrules            03-14-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
We're right by the holiday inn off of 202.
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Nice I live on a christmastree farm off of 926 where the road is closed. I also have a supra!!!
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
Matt any relation to the sporting goods place?
Old    proairrules            03-14-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
Yeah I know where you are dude.

I wish I was part of the sporting goods place!!!
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Werd I gotta go but I'll hit you up and we'll ride some time soon!!!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Matt, I would recommend Wakeboards and Ski boats of PA to anybody. I saw Chris at the Fort Washington boat show, seems like things are going well with boat sales.

Have you ever been to Conowingo dam? I haven’t been there but I heard it is pretty good.
Old    proairrules            03-14-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
I'm not sure where Conowingo is. We go to two places on the schulykill river, one near Phoenixville and the other in Gladwyne. Gladwyne is probably the nicest spot I've ever boarded in.
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
Conowingo is down in MD- follow rt 1 and you will run into it. It's great this time of year due to the thermo pollution. It makes it much warmer than anywhere else.
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
Matt your spots sound real close- about a half hour???? Anything to worry about in the Schukill(rocks, shallow water, logs, ...)?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Thermo pollution huh!!!! Ahh what’s a little temporary blindness if the waters warm this time of year.
Old    wrride            03-14-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Exactly TEMPORARY \-2
It's harmless to you, messes up the natural eco(sp?) system. The powerplant dumps hot water into the river like a hot tub,gets gross during the summer- 90 degree piss water.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Ok Jeff, I'll keep my cell phone on all weekend. The tide chart is calling for low tide both mid-day Saturday and Sunday, but I'm sure we could find some deep enough water somewhere if we have to.<g> If we do actually do this, my girl and her son would probably be coming along for the ride, so we wouldn't have to worry about having "a third." Not that there are any patrols out there this time of year. We may stop at Surf & Offshore in Point Pleasant Beach on the way down to Beach Haven West Friday night to say hello to our shrink wrapped new boat, but we're not sure yet. We're DYING to take delivery of that thing already! Also, when you call I have a cool story for you relating to our possible Winter riding this Sunday.

Wakeboarding in the Schuylkill River? Isn't the Schuylkill a shallow, scummy and polluted inner-city river? When I went to the XGames there last August I couldn't believe the riders were actually in that water. The games were even delayed for a while because the mucky shallow water was clogging-up the tow boat's engine cooling system. Wakeboarding in the Schuylkill is definitely some hardcore wakeboarding. But admittedly, the only part of the Schuylkill River I know is right where the XGames were.
Old    proairrules            03-14-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
Actually where we go is pretty nice. Its mostly up river from all the industry. There's some trash occasionally on days when we get a lot of rain.

Anything by the dams is nice and deep. We are a lot farther up river than where the x games were. Plus it had rained pretty hard the first time they were here and we had almost no rain the next time. So the water level was super low there. I still think that was a terrible spot to hold the competition.

Yes, we're about 30 minutes from Gladwyne.
Old    ffejtable            03-14-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Alex, weather is still looking promising... I was in the area so stopped by my boat today to take the starter out, clean it and get a head start on all the crap that needs to get done tomorrow.

I basically wasted an hour or so trying to get the thing out. I have no idea how these guys work on marine engines with tuff bolted on the bottom and no access room.

Hopefully its just dirty brushes in the motor and I can tap it to get it to turn over....
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
Check this out...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/58308.html?1047846811

I could do something on my website if it really starts to explode!

KG
Old    mastercraft17            03-16-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
YO, we can go to trenton.Eustace knows were I'am talking about,its right by trenton marine.There's a sand bar and when the tide goes down it makes an awesome beach to hangout at. So there's one place we can go to...Its a nice place
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
Here is the address for the ramp in Trenton (1595 Lamberton Rd. Trenton NJ.)(http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?2l=1PLeFJmpg%252f0%253d&2g=yVp4ulVni6M%25 3d&2pn=&2ic=31&2ex=1&src=maps&2a=1595%20Lamberton% 20Rd&2c=Trenton&2s=NJ&2z=08611%2d3517&2y=US) ,in case anyone would like to run it on MapQuest. There is typically plenty of parking here and the ramp is fairly wide with docks on either side so that you can launch two at a time. There is also a couple of places in this area where you can buy fuel on the water and one restaurant (Curtains “I think”) that you could drive you boat up to.

Chris, the sand bar that you are talking about, is it on the Jersey side, and it kind of looks like a Lagoon?

Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-17-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hey Eustace, Chris and I do go to the sand bar on the jersey side. I think theres a bridge right behind it, but i'm not sure what highway it is. Hopefully, when my dad gets the gimble houseing back on the boat we can get out to milford. We should meet up there one of these weekends and go boarding.
Old    mastercraft17            03-17-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Yea its on the jersey side by the yact club which is on the other side of the bridge.
Old    mastercraft17            03-18-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS? Its finally warming up...Will be boarding in know time!!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-18-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Well, Jeff and my attempt to ride this past weekend fell-through due to Jeff's boat's unwillingness to cooperate. Boats often do that. It was a great day for a late winter ride, but it just coupldn't happen. I'm DYING to get my dock built so I can bring home my new boat. I talked to Craig at Surf & Offshore today and he said he only needs about a week to prep and Ineed only give him he word to start to ball rolling. I also asked Craig about a possible wakeworld Jersey riders gathering at the rock quarry in South Brunswick, but he said the owner has been up in Vermont all winter and he's really the guy to talk to.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
Alex,
Thanks for bringin it up to Craig, it can only help get the ball rolling a bit more.

The Quarry is also a prospective site, and its fresh water, I know that some are a little leary about the Salt, but not us tidal men!!!

I am going away to St John for a few days, but when I get back, I intend to really press a Jersey Day, if the responses are real good, I will jump head first into making this happen.

KG
Old    ffejtable            03-19-2003, 2:55 AM Reply   
The bad thing about the quarry is the sand & rocks on the beach cause some serious discolorization. And the fact that it is private property as well...

I should have the steering problem fixed this weekend Alex unless its a part that needs replacement...

Water temps have hit 40, too. :-)
Old    jumbojoe            03-19-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
i'm feeling fat from the long ass winter up here. people kept telling me that it snows once in a while, but never sticks...yeah right! i told my boss that since i made it through the winter, he owes me a summer here. so, the boat is coming up to visit april 10th...

matt, it will be time to hit the river soon. i'll share duty with you. where is your new place in avalon? i'm still at 598 22nd....all chicks in my house this year....nice!

kevin, i'll see you in avalon....you'll hear me before you see me. i have a feeling i'm going to piss off the police this year.

Old    proairrules            03-19-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
Hey Joe!!!! We're on 425 20th st this year. You know I got a new supra ssv right?

After this winter I can't wait to get to the shore. email me when you want to hit the river, I got my dry suit so I'm ready whenever!!!!

How do you wakeboard again?
Old    ffejtable            03-19-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
hey matt,

if you ever need a third, give me a shout... im still dying to try my drysuit out (the bathtub doesnt count)...

Old    proairrules            03-19-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
How about this...

Everyone in the Philly area send me your name, phone number and email address to matt@thekellycompound.com I'll put a list together for everyone.

Also anyone from Jersey send me their info as well. Since we are in Avalon all summer we can have a list for you too!!!!

Let me know if you want to be on both lists as well.
Old    maverick9110e            03-19-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
i take it you guys board in lake hopactong??? just started boarding last year. nice to see some other jersey ppl.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Gonna be a crazy Summer!!!

Joe,
Never fear, I think Skip (the Harbor Master) might be going deaf. I blared the stereo all summer, he never gave me a prob!

Cya soon,
Kevin
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-19-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Jeff: I'l be working this Saturday and I won't be in Manahawkin until Saturday evening. I may be stopping at Surf & Offshore on Saturday at about 5:30 to say hello to my boat and to talk shop with Craig. Want to meet there and hang-out for a little while? It's always fun to look at wakeboard boats and wakeboard stuff. As far as boarding this weekend goes, I definitely have house work to do Sunday morning, but if the boat's working and the weather's decent I can break-away around noon for a couple hours. It's supposed to be 70 Friday, 60s on Saturday and 50s on Sunday.

Kevin: If Jeff and I go to Surf & Offshore this Saturday perhaps I'll bring-up the Jersey riders wakeboard fiesta at the quarry idea again. Yes Jeff, the rocks on the "beach" there are filthy and that filth gets all over everything. It's sort of like redish-brown baseball field dust.
Old    maverick9110e            03-20-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
so what lake do all you jersey boarders boat at?im at lake hopactong.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
Well, I made the move today. I called Surf & Offshore and told Craig to unwrap my new boat, I can't wait any longer, I'm bringing it home. It seems my dock builder is having difficulty getting work visas for his Mexican crew due to the increased caution at our national borders. So I'm just going to at least get the new Super Air into my driveway, then when the dock is finally ready there will be no waiting. This Saturday could be the day that I bring my brand new Super Air Team Edition home. I'm dying.
Old    mastercraft17            03-30-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
This post really started to die, so I had to bring it back. A couple of weeks ago we were talking about getting together and having a little tournament. Kevin, I was wondering if you got any feedback from Craig from surf & offshore?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2003, 8:51 PM Reply   
Damn. I was at Surf & Offshore just this past Saturday and it didn't even cross my mind to talk to Craig about using the South Brunswick lake for a wakeworld bash. But then again, i was there to finally bring home my new SAN TE so my brain was understandably in another place. Yes, njladydriver and I finally brought the new boat home. The very first thing I did with it was bring it to Island Surf & Sail on Long beach Island to show it off. From about that point on it rained for the rest of the weekend and that was that. Hopefully next weekend will be sunny and then I can really get to play with my new toy. Anyone want to come over and see it? <g>
Old    ffejtable            03-31-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
Well I've been pretty bummed out myself because after fixing (replacing) the starter in my boat, I found out I didn't have steering either... The cable is locked up in the power steering shaft and wont budge.. Its corroded or rusted into place...

Alex... I might be interested in taking the trip down.. Hopefully one day this week will be nice enough to get that steering cable out and I will have all weekend to play.. Hope the weather holds up...
Old    proairrules            03-31-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
The steering cable can be fixed. You need to remove it from the rudder and remove the clamp that holds the tube in place.

Get two pipe wrenches, and turn the pipe and the nut on the cable opposite ways. This will require some muscle to get it moving. Start slowly, moving it back and forth until it starts to turn more freely. Once you can completely remove the pipe from the nut then you can tap the tube with a rubber or plastic hammer to get it to dislodge from the steering cable.

You can either replace the tube with an aluminum one, clean the current one so it works or get a local machine shop to make a stainless tube for you. Thats what I opted for and it works great.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-31-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
Alright! Matt with the detailed technical advice. There you go Jeff. You have your work cut-out for you.

Also Jeff, if you're really interested in cruising down to exit 63 to see the new cruiser, just let me know. It's supposed to be back up in the 60s this Saturday, and I'm sure we're going to be out there all day playing with our new toy. And even though it will be under shrink wrap, you can see the old cruiser I have in my profile too. She's a beauty!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
Chris, and everyone else...

Yea I am still looking into a NJ Event. Any name is possible but "NJWakeboardDay" seems kinda cool.

I hope to have the gears meshing by the end of this week. I know that many of us would be totally into it!

I will keep everyone posted!

KG
ps - My boat goes in the water in 2 weeks!!!
Old    mastercraft17            04-03-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
I just started a team on EuroWake called" "TeamNewJersey"and I was just wondering if any of you guys wanted to join my team if you haven't already started one.
Old    ffejtable            04-03-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
matt, thanks for the advice... I have an IO however so the steering probably works a little differently... I actually removed the power steering unit completely and brought it to a marine shop to try and free the steering cable and they couldnt get it to budge, either. Another $350 and my steering will be as good as new. :-)
Old    ffejtable            04-03-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Alex, do you plan on putting the new boat in? Plan on boarding? Erf, you still have to break that bad boy in I guess, you have 10-20 hours or so of pleasure cruising to do before you are supposed to ride behind it I think...

I ordered the replacement steering unit yesterday so if it arrives tomorrow I will be installing it ASAP... I also have to fit some schoolwork in at some point...

Anything in particular you are going to need help with that I might be able to give you a hand with? You are more than welcome to using my truck to lower that thing in the water. :-)

--Jeff
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Here's the update.
While I am confident that I could begin planning a NJ day event, and others would more than likely offer assistance, I am having a hard time determining a location.
I figure it like this:
The location should be able to provide the basics, place to BBQ, "facilities" and a decent waterfront for ppl to hang out on. Not to crowded, and have a decent view of the water for watching others ride. It would be great if it was beachy like, and have a woodsy area to provide shade for really white ppl like myself. It HAS TO have a easily accesable launch for others coming from out of area, and preferably fresh water, as I know some are REALLY leary of dropping their boat in the salt.

Sure this sounds like a lot, but if we were in CA, we would have about 10 places to choose from!

If anyone knows a place like this that meets most of the criteria, than great, please contact me and I will look into it. I can't gaurantee anything, but I will try!
One other thing is permits. I would like to avoid them if possible. Maybe we could just show-up with no real affiliation, and see what happens!

KG
kgeary@wakescene.com
Old    ffejtable            04-03-2003, 6:34 PM Reply   
Well if you want fresh water, the only places I know of that are real fresh water are the Dayton (south brunswick) Quarry, and Greenwood Lake, Budd Lake and Lake Hopatcong. Are there others?

The Delaware river is probably still brackish just north of trenton.

I don't know anything about the lakes as I have never been to them, but the Dayton quarry is private and the sand/stone the beach is made up of stains everything orange.

A cross country trip to CA is starting to sound good :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-03-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
Truck? You have a truck? Perfect. It's uncertain when my dock is ever going to finished, so njladydriver and I have discussed just launching the new boat in the morning and pulling it out again when we're done. But we're worried my Astro van won't be strong enough to pull a wet boat out of the water. But yo uhave a truck?? Cool. It's supposed to be in the high 50s this Sunday with high tide around 10:00am. We haven't even taken-out the boat ONCE yet, but if you want to make it happen this Sunday morning, let us know! I won't be back here until Sunday night, so if you think you might want to make this happen, call me on my cell phone.

What the Hell's EuroWake ??
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2003, 4:18 AM Reply   
Wait, one correction. I read the tide chart incorrectly, and high tide this Sunday is at 2:30pm, not 10:00am.
Old    mastercraft17            04-04-2003, 6:00 AM Reply   
Alex, its that fantasy wakeboarding thing on the home page of this site. I was bored so I stared a league.. You can win all kinds of stuff I guess.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-06-2003, 6:20 PM Reply   
Alex, I told you about this league. I too have signed up. "Jersey Riders" is the team name. I wish you luck Chris.....took me 45 minutes to get the right combination of riders considering I wanted Shaun, Parks, Darin, Danny Harf, and spent my 5,000 right off the bat on 4 riders! LOL! Sat there with a calculater looking for the best combination. Anyway, we have the whole season to look at how we're doing.
Also, before buying the SAN TE, Alex and I did the boat demo at Harold's Quarry in So. Brunswisk. Herold did mention to me he was thinking of trying to put together a wakeboarding club(with fees) for riders in NJ. Of course it was very preliminary and he was only just thinking about it, (there's an insurance issue on the property so we would have to sign something I'm sure, just as we did when we went to the Hyperlite demo there last year) but you have to realize, this IS a private lake. Harold would need to be asked if we could setup a riding day there. He owns the property.
Don't think all we have to do is get everyone together and just show up. That would be like passing by someones house saying "Wow, this backyard looks great for a Bar-B-Que, let's call everyone and get the grill going! I guess you get my point.
Alex, when Craig called you, did he mention Harold being away or something?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
I believe Harold Winters up in Vermont where he is employed at a ski resort, grooming the slopes. This is what Craig told me when I asked him about the possiblities of a wakeworld day at the South Brunswick lake, because Harold is the guy that would have to be asked.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
good info ppl, and I think we have a bit of time, it is April 7, 2003 and there is already 3 inches of snow here, and no chance of it letting up!

KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
When we left our new boat on Sunday it was sitting in our driveway, dry and happy. Since then it's been snowed on, freezing rained on and forced to sit there in this cold miserable weather. I've literaly been losing sleep over this. Can't it just be Spring already?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-08-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Yea so I don't own a trailer...I borrow one from the dealer...I was set to put the boat in the water this weekend...don't really want to seeing that it is going to be 48-55 outside, and I got a bunch of waxing a stuff to do...but I have to get the trailer back Sun night...This stinks.
Can somebody tell me when North Jersey got slated to receive more snow and remain colder than Alaska thru mid April...What jerk decided this?

(Inner monologe speaking: rut-row, the weather related sarcasm is starting to get negative, I hope it warms up soon...)

KG
Old    sarrah            04-14-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
Fellow manahawkin :-) wow im so happy it is going to be 81* tomorro! :-) the summer is coming and im so happy well i just wanted to stop by and say hello i havent been on here in a while i will be back shortly but its bed time now! enjoy the nice weather folks!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-15-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hello Sarah, welcome back. Yes, the weather has finally gotten warm again. How about that Manahawkin snow storm? I had to dig my way into my Beach Haven West house. The snow was 4' high across my front door! But that snow has melted and I have a new Super Air in my driveway. Keep checking this post Sarah. Perhaps we can all go out on the new boat soon.
Old    ffejtable            04-16-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Alex, just to clarify because I think i'm the only one "offering" the Dayton quarry as a possibility, I did make it clear that it is private property and we can't just cruise on in and have our way...

Besides when you do finally get the boat in the water it will all be worth it I am sure!

So who here has actually been in the water so far this year? I have been fighting to get the boat in the water (and working) for a few weeks now... After replacing the starter, steering cable and power steering "RAM", I finally got it in yesterday for a few hours and it ran great. Took a ride from Brick to Waretown in some heavy chop and the only problem was navigating in a lagoon that was only 2' deep..

That said, I am ready to ride! Weekdays are the only time I can really go since I've been doing most of my schoolwork on the weekends...

Kevin, it may have been cold, but another jerk rewarded us with mid 70s so far this week, which I am enjoying very much...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-17-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
OK, time to get the ball rolling! I'll be at Surf & Off Shore on Saturday. I'll talk to Craig and I'll also see if I can call Harold and sell him on our idea about using the lake for a NJ Wakeboarding Bash! His lake has been used on numerous photo shoots (and a wakeboard commercial) for some of the pros as well as himself in Wakeboading Mag. I think he was listed as one of the #1 riders in NJ. Alex, correct me if I'm wrong.
I think he'll go for it. Besides, woman have a way with working on men! As soon as I hear something, I'll post it.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
(Spoken like Krusty-the-Klown)
HEY HEY KIDS!!!

Jeff/Alex/everyone else...My baby is in the water!!! What a weekend................I love this sport and boating in general BUT, salt does take it's toll on neglected parts. Apperently I missed greasing a bolt on my tower b4 putting it in for the winter, to make a long story short,,,,,,,,,,,,1 SS Bolt ='s 5hrs of drilling, 16 drill bits, 2cracked extractors (EZ-Out) a pint of oil (for cooling the bits, a quart of water (cause the oil ran out) 2 burned fingers, and a lot of swearing!!!

I will never make that mistake again!!!

All is good in Avalon, the water was 50, and very clear, these winter storms are really drawing up that Gulf stream waters.

Duzent,
please keep us posted, even though I have dropped the ball a bit here, I will help set the plans in place if it is a go at the quarry.

KG
Old    proairrules            04-17-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
I'm picking up the SSV next week!!! Kevin you want to make a trip down and do some boarding on the river? I got my dry suit ready to go!!!!

Bring on summer...as its 34 degrees outside.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Greetings Men: (and women)
Kevin: In your profile you list your city as Avalon & Ridgewood. Are you in Ridgewood? I am in Fair Lawn and Duzent and I had dinner in Ridgewood last night! Sheesh. I'm glad you have your boat in the water. I've spoken to my dock builder and says he may have my dock finished by this weekend, so I too should have my boat in the water real soon. Schoolwork shmoolwork Jeff. Super Air wakeboarding is about to begin in Manahawkin buddy. We may even have local Manahawkin wakeboarder Sarah hanging with us too. And Kevin, if you ever want to take a detour at exit 63 on your way from Ridgewood to Avalon you can come for a pull too. Oh man. The season is finally about to get rolling. I'm so psyched!
Old    mastercraft17            04-17-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
Eustace,When are you going to put the moomba in the water.The river is sweet right now a little chilly but high so there is no way you can hit any rocks witch is a plus. Send me an email if you want to go out.
Old    ffejtable            04-18-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
If anybody is looking for a third, look no further... Still haven't battle tested the drysuit I got for christmas...

I will probably have my boat in the water (full-time) in 2 weeks as well (Sea Bright) so I will be looking for riders as well...

Old    freekshow            04-18-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Jersey riders,

I'm stoked to have come across this thread in here. I just moved back to NJ last year and have been trying to get more active in the riding scene here. I'm Jeff Barton (Matt and Kevin, we've met at Wild Bill's contests) and I have the spring fever to ride as bad as everyone here!

First off, I'd like to volunteer my house for an early season cookout in the next few weeks for all ther area wakeboarders. I live right next toi Cherry Hill so it's a pretty central point for people from the north and south. I'll set a date and post it in here over the weekend.

Kevin, I might have a good place for your wakeboarding event. I'm working with a wakeboard school this summer and we're keeping the Nautique on the Rancocas Creek. The marina has a full resturant right on the water with overlooking patios and dockside access. There's also a boat ramp right there as well. Let me know and I'll send you directions.

Here's looking to an insane season up here in the Northeast!

JB
Jeff Barton
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
Chris, you’re not kidding, I crossed over the Frenchtown bridge last week and couldn’t believe how smooth and clear the water was for this time of year. I will defiantly give you a yell when we are able to get out. I have about 2 more weekends of stuff to get done around the house, then I’m in the clear for the season.

Last season Mr. Keller told me that he had sold his property but that the new owners where going to keep the ramp open. Do you know if that deal ever went through and if the ramp is still accessible?
Old    sarrah            04-18-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Yeah that snow storm was a killer...got out of school for a week and a half ha! I had pictures somewhere but they disapeard...no need to bring back the memories anyway! hope the sun comes back out soon! I dont like starting spring break like this....
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
Jeff, nice to meet you. Welcome to the NJ thread that never ends (that's a good thing). Nice of you to offer your place for an early season cookout. Are you right on the water, and does it have a boat launch? :-)

Everyone, I'll get the gears in motion tomorrow when I talk to Craig/Harold about the lake, but Jeff B, that also sounds like a nice place as well (Rancocas Creek). Although I'm not familiar with the area, I know Alex probably is. Read through all the posts to get familiar with what we've all been talking about. Sounds as if everyone wants to wakeboard and we all keep asking if anyone wants to come to everyone elses area but nothings happening. Do I have the fever or is it just a we bit too early for this? I hope we can get a nice central spot for us all to meet and have a great day of wakeboarding. It's good to enjoy the sport with people who have the same passion, so the sooner we can get something setup, the better. I'd like to go just to meet everyone and of course watch the action.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Matt, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post. You didn't drop the ball, we are all in this for the same reason and that's to get together for a day of wakeboaring fun for all the Jersey Riders! And as we can see, there are quite a few willing to help get it going. If I get a chance to talk with Harold, I'll find out what is needed or necessary if it's a go. You may not have to do anything but bring a back pack and your board. I'm sure there will be a limit to how many boats get launched. Can you imagine us all towing our boats to Harold's lake!! Would we have to take a ticket and flip a coin to see who launches next?! Haha. Anyway....this I'm sure will all be worked out. Who knows, we may be spinning out wheels for nothing and we may not have the lake as an option. Again, I'll let you know. I'll be back on Sunday night to post.
Old    mastercraft17            04-19-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
Eustace, I know the deal went through, I think it went through at the end of last season. And I'm pretty sure that we are still aloud to use it. That place is a Gold Mine it would be a bad idea not to keep it open. But I will check up on it and make sure it is open and I will post it.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Alex,
Yes I am just a town away. I grew up in Saddle River, and moved to Rdgwd 3.5yrs ago. My Parents have had a house in Avalon, NJ for 18 years now, so that is where I learned to do neat things behind the boat.

Jeff,
good to hear from yea, hopefully Bill will hold another event this summer, we could make it InSaNe!!!
I had heard your gonna be a EastCoastStyles teachin this summer, is that right? That's in Palmyra, only about 25min from Avalon, cool deal.
If you think this is a good spot with what were all looking for, great. I personally don't know a lot about this area, but sounds like it could be real good. drop me an email and we'll talk more: kgeary@wakescene.com

KG

ps- If you see Ross anytime soon, tell him I say Hi! I just dropped the boat off in Avalon last weekend and I hope to be down in the next week or so to get wet. Water is 50, brrrr... If your gonna be down that way, drop me an email, we'll ride!
Old    freekshow            04-20-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
Kevin,

I wish we were only 25 minutes from Avalon. We're closer to 1 1/2 hours from there, right across the river from Philly.

How does May 10th strike everyone for a cookout? Actually, maybe we could all drop the boats in on the Rancocas, ride during the day then head over to my house for a cookout afterwards. I live about 10 minutes from the boat ramp so it would be easy for everyone to get from the water to my crib. Hopefully erveryone will be available on this day.

Here's even more: if we want to keep everything on the water, we can make arrangements to get food right there served by the dockside resturant. Just let me know what everyone wants to do and I'll get the arrangements made.

I CAN"T WAIT TO RIDE!!!!!!!!

JB
Old    sarrah            04-20-2003, 4:13 PM Reply   
Happy easter everyone :-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Jeff,
WOW, I was completely off, sorry bout that, I was confusing it with another place down near Egg Harbor.

May 10 looks open for me but I would not be able to get my boat up there that weekend, I would enjoy a cookout and chillin for the day though! If anyone does bring a boat, I got gas money!

KG
Old    proairrules            04-20-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Well I can probably make it that weekend. I'd be happy to bring the ssv. Let me know if anyone wants to bring their boat and how many people we have, then we can decide how many boats we'll need.

JB, whats the water temp there?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Hi everyone!
Jeff, so happy you've set a date to get it all going because.....For those who were folling, I did get a chance to get some info on Harold's lake. I didn't get to speak to Harold himself, but did speak to Craig on Saturday from Surf & Off Shore. Harold is planning on having a few demos at the lake this season, just as he did last year. Although he is not interested at this time in having a sort of free for all at the lake due to insurance reasons (he doesn't want anyone suing him if they get hurt), there will be some sort of public demo to go to. As soon as I get all the info I'll pass it on unless anyone hears first.
In the meantime, it's great for Jeff to get this going and set a date for May 10th. Let us know what we need to do or how we can help and we can help carry the load. I have to speak to Alex to see if we want to bring the SAN TE, but if we don't, we will chip in as needed. May 10th is right around the corner!!! Jeff, can you email us directions from Long Beach Island area. Exit 63 off Garden State Parkway?
Old    ffejtable            04-21-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
bummer... i have some finals that weekend.. 9th and 10th...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
Oh well, Alex and I are out also. He has to work that Saturday. But we are definately in for future gatherings. Anything later in May, June, July, or August??
Might have to move the date Jeff! (hint, hint)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2003, 5:05 AM Reply   
I'm also out for the 10th. I just don't think I will have my act together by then. June / July works for me..

thanks E
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Well, my dock has finally been enlarged, so the new boat may be in the water as soon as this weekend! I can't wait to get back out there and start bringing my (limited) skills back up to speed. Super Air TE big wake and big air here I come! Eeeeee haaa!
Old    ffejtable            04-23-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Alex, let me know if you need help getting it in the water, especially with the towing part... You probably won't have a problem getting it in, but getting it out might be a problem...

I'm ready to ride, now I just need to find some people that can go...

I'm "baby" sitting my 10yr old neice on friday and I think we are going to try some fishing. I hope to have it in the water one day this weekend as well.

--jeff
Old    freekshow            04-24-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
Alright, sounds like we're going to go back to the calander to select another date. I'll find something later in the month or early in June. We will, however, still be riding on the Rancocas on May 10th all day long by the marina on the Rancocas Creek. Let me know if anyone else wants to go out or if someone else can get a whole other boat crew together. The more the merrier!
Off to Texas tomoorw for the first leg of the Van's Triple Crown. I'll let you know how it was on Monday. Have a good weekend.

jeffmbarton@aol.com
JB
JB