Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    voodoo            07-11-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
I have limited funds and want the tower to fit my existing bimini top. The only place i can get a tower installed for the price is a skylon swoop supersport tower i need some info on this tower its going on an i/o. Let me know what you think......
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Also take a look at Monster Tower and Big Air Pylons towers. I think they are in the same price range as the Skylon.

All of them get the job done. You have to weigh price, looks, and how it works on your boat in your particular situation.

For example, if you need to fold it down to fit in a garage, will the tower you are looking at work? Not all of them will.

And don't forget to consider your existing bimini top. Will the tower fit without interfering with it?

Can you fold the tower down with one person or does it take two or three? My own situation requires one person most of the time, so I bought one accordingly.

Take a look at construction materials too. You want something that will hold up to the elements and not rust or otherwise corrode.

Some rattle while the boat is in motion...something some people don't like.

Ask a lot of questions, and contact current owners of the tower you are interested in if possible. Be informed before you throw down your money.

If you are going to install it yourself, ask for an installation manual in advance so you can see what is involved and ask questions if need be.

Good luck. You'll love your new tower, whichever one you end up buying.
Old    waterdog2            07-12-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
Went through the same thing! The one I chose said it fit exhisting biminis, WRONG! I had to alter the bimini to fit.If the top bend is not a full 90 degree bend, it wont fit. Check out the big air h2o bar.Try to get heim joints.
Old    voodoo            07-12-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
do you know if the h20 will fit my existing bimini top? I have a 185 bayliner. My main concerne is buying a tower for around $1000.00
that will not make me have to lose my bimini
Old    waterdog2            07-13-2005, 6:25 AM Reply   
Honestly, I would not buy a tower based on fitting your bimini, that is what I did and I am soooooo sorry! A new bimini is only a couple hundred, but your stuck with the tower forever.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
We had an H2o tower from Big Air on our old Bayliner Capri 2050. Although we didnt have a bimini, the tower worked and looked great on the boat. The beam of your boat will determine what center joint they will ship you. If you have a bimini, maybe have them ship you a center joint that will fit a slightly larger boat. I may be incorrect in suggesting that so check with Big Air, they have great customer service. Now we have since taken that tower off our old Bayliner and put it on your Moomba, worked like a charm.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-13-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
I put that skylon on my old 88 ProStar. It worked great, but that was before Monster Tower. I would def look at MT. They seem more rigid, and look better IMO. But the sSkylon served it's purpose well, and was easy to install.