Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    wakebmxer            07-08-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
I was a loyal Ski World customer in Santa Rosa Ca until they closed up shop. The one in Pleasanton is 90 minutes away. I need an Alternator for my 2000 MC. So I called Ski World in Pleasanton and got imediate help and a price ect...... I Called Ultimate Water Sports in Rohnert Park (15 minutes away) called 3 times before they answered the phone then the parts guy was busy, Left a message. Nobody called back right away. So I called again. finally got through to find out that a normal alternator for a Mastercraft isnt stocked and it wil be 1 -2 weeks to get it. WHAT!!!!!!!!! COPE MC PHETERS, PLEASE DO US MASTERCRAFT CUSTOMERS A FAVOR AND GIVE THE LINE TO SHOP THAT CAN AND WILL HELP US!!!!!!!!!! And this is not the first time this type of thing has happened........ but probably the last......
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-08-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Mike have your alternator rewound to a higher output state. Probably cheaper than what a rebuilt alt is going to be from a parts supplier and you will have everything new but the case with a higher output. I know there is a place in San Rafael that does that and there may even be one in town here.

Drove past Ramp Rats today going to get steel at Marselli and Sons. How often are you there?
Old    wakebmxer            07-08-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Here Aat Ramp Rats Everyday!!!! The alternator is corroded pretty good from 1200 hrs and about 600 of them in Salt water. It served its purpose.
Old    eric_batham            07-08-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Mike,

I manage the Rohnert Park store where you called and checked on the alternator and I am sorry that you feel that you were not helped in a timely manner and that we did not have an alternator in stock for you. Saturday in July is a busy time in the boat business at the parts counter and the two staff members can only handle so many calls and customers at once.
Like you stated in your later post you have 1200 hours on the alternator that was used in adverse conditions and it just now failed; this alternator is not something that fails often nor is something that we have many requests for, therefore we do not stock it. I checked with both parts people and they do not remember having a chance to talk time frame on ordering alternator for you but we can get it for you in less than that if you are interested.

I stand behind my store and what we do in Rohnert Park and we are not perfect but we strive to make every contact with our store and company an enjoyable one. Like many others we are not able to please all but we will continue trying!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-08-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
Mike,

I don't know if you got your part yet or not, but there is a new MC dealer in Valencia, and I'm sure they would be happy to ship.

ChampionWaterSports.Com
28307 Constellation Road
Valencia, CA 91355

Phone: ***866-695-1321
Local: 661-295-0407
Fax: 661-295-8154
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Two weeks for an alternator is retarded when you should be able to get one next day'd if they parts wharehouses would get their sh-iat straight.

The boat industry is soo messed up. Luckily for the companies it's the whole industry or they'd probably all go under one at a time.

We get parts for BMW's shipped from Germany in less than two weeks and it's rare to even have to do that. Usually we can have parts in hours or days. I understand the volume is a lot higher, but it has a lot to do with the fact that the dealers work together rather than against eachother.

I guess I wont get started on my other gripes, but I will say that as the boating industry grows every year there will inevitably be changes that will have to make things work more smoothly.
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-11-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
A dealer should have all or most parts in stock. If they don't, they can not give good service.
Apparently some boat dealers do not share that idea.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Hey Eric. I sent a request over to Jeff Fitz and Kyle to see if they can help out as well. Can you see if you can help this guy through another store? Let me know if I can help.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-11-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Buff....I take it you got my response from the message you sent me yesterday?
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-13-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
i better not even get involved with my great experince with ultimate in RP
Old    walt            07-13-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
JV,

Did You get Your boat back yet ?
Old    wakebmxer            07-13-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
are you being sarcastic Jonny???? Sounds like it!
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-14-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
ya i got it back this week get to use it every other week its kind of like were partners on the boat i get it for a week then i leave it there for a week... hummmm but to be nice i make the payments and they just try to charge me labor...
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
How do you expect a place to have every part for every boat out there in stock? There is no way that could happen
Old    wakebmxer            07-14-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Not every part but my alternator fits like 5 years of different model MC's. Thats not unreasonable..... I just have had bad luck with that shop as well as 90% of everybody I know that gose there.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
U never know maybe they sold the one that had right before you called. Maybe to the people they were helping when you called. I just dont see parts store not wanted to sale something to a person. It just they get busy during the summer.