Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skibumdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-06-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried using a bug deflector on their truck to deflect bugs? Does if force the bugs high enough to miss the tower? It is designed to force the wind up and miss the windsheild, but will it force it up enough to help on the tower?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-06-2013, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibumdan View Post
Has anyone tried using a bug deflector on their truck to deflect bugs? Does if force the bugs high enough to miss the tower? It is designed to force the wind up and miss the windsheild, but will it force it up enough to help on the tower?
Doubt it.
Use some silicon spray and a rag and wipe it all over the tower next time after you get the bugs off....next time they will come off much easier!
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-06-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
take a different route. this is what i use, alot simpler and doesnt gay out my tow rig lol. go to home depot or lowes and get a roll of carpet wrap. pretty much a huge roll of soran wrap. its really cheap like 40.00 a roll and ive been using the same roll for about 4 years and still have a ton left. just wrap the the front part of the tower and board clamps and the nose of the boat and front of tower speakers and wind shield. takes about 15 min to do. and about 2 min to take off and it doesnt leave a film on anything
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-06-2013, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottsx80 View Post
take a different route. this is what i use, alot simpler and doesnt gay out my tow rig lol. go to home depot or lowes and get a roll of carpet wrap. pretty much a huge roll of soran wrap. its really cheap like 40.00 a roll and ive been using the same roll for about 4 years and still have a ton left. just wrap the the front part of the tower and board clamps and the nose of the boat and front of tower speakers and wind shield. takes about 15 min to do. and about 2 min to take off and it doesnt leave a film on anything
Post some pics of this. I just can't get the picture in my head.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
I used to use saran wrap, just the regular stuff not carpet wrap. Works fine but can be time consuming. So instead I went to a fabric store, picked up some stretchy cheap fabric, a couple pieces at 10'x2.5', cost about $8. I wrap it around the tower and racks and secure it with hockey shin straps.

http://www.rockvillesoccer.com/adida...FY9AMgod1z0ABg

Works fine and takes about 5 mins to put on. I had an canvas shop quote me on building a tower cover it was something like $500-$600 and they didn't really think it would hold up in the wind.

My $15 solution has lasted two seasons and hundreds of miles, if it completely blows off I'll just get new material. It is getting worn it won't last forever but it's cheap and way better then scrubbing bugs.

This is a terrible pic a friend took while following me one day but it's all I have.
Attached Images

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
I just tow with my tower down.
Attached Images