Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-09-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
yeah, that may have been out of line. I did not mean to insinuate that rednecks were in any way backwards. Poor word choice.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-09-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
"this is where I threw up, and everytime it makes me laugh."

Nickleback is SOOOO freakin awesome!!!

(Message edited by denverd1 on October 09, 2008)
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-09-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
haha you guys know i'm just playin on the kid rock thing...to be honest I am def. surprised on the passion of kid rock supporters, to be honest i just thought he was tolerated, not worshiped. and i hope you are kidding about Nickleback...there are a few things that I wish weren't "Canadian" and Nickleback is one of them. I guess i hold Nickleback and "The Kid" in the same regard. to each there own. oh ya, what does that red triangle mean?
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-12-2008, 3:10 AM Reply   
wow first you stereotype rednecks with kid rock and nascar, but then you said nobody takes the national guard seriously?
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
It's actually nice to know people are still passionate about music...

Too bad they're not buying the music anymore..
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-13-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
Derek, nice insult to those people in the National Guard.

Where did you serve, BTW?
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-13-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
i'm with sean
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-13-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Hey Bill,

Ronnie Van Zant died in a plane crash on October 20, 1977. It may have been his brother, Johnny, but I'm sure Ronnnie had nothing to do with it.

Just Sayin'
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-13-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
The red triangle = I'm being sarcastic. It was started on here a couple years ago I think.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
By Jman (jmanolinsky) on Monday, October 13, 2008 - Hey Bill,
Ronnie Van Zant died in a plane crash on October 20, 1977. It may have been his brother, Johnny, but I'm sure Ronnnie had nothing to do with it.
Just Sayin'

Yea, I hear ya, Jman. But on the Wikipedia page I found this info on, they give Ronnie credit for being one of the writers.... I assume because he co-wrote the original that is sampled in this song. It doesn't say who's voice it is though.... could be either one for all I know, they all sound so alike.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
did I serve? why would I serve? I am opposed to any and all wars. I understand though, that freedom isn't free.
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty in' fee.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Are you seriously quoting a cartoon about serving in the military and a nation's freedom????

what gives???
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
kinda. it wasn't a cartoon. they used puppets. you can actually see the strings. that was part of the social commentary within the movie. strings..puppets..see the connection?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ummm....No. Not even a little bit.

We're talking about the National Guard. Comprised of people who defend our country. Even you. Well, maybe not, eh?!

And you're trying to explain how a puppet show supports your moral and social/political reasoning in not supporting any war?

Do I have this straight??
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
Nope. way over your head i think. And not so much my beliefs, but those who wrote/directed the movie.
The just of it is that many people, not only Americans, are "puppets" of their respective governments. This point has very little to do with why I have personally chosen to be anti-war. Either way, this is neither the time or place for such a conversation.I don't watch CNN, but I also don't live under a rock, remind me, how is that war going? Some things are just easier to not talk about. Good day to you.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-13-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
"Way over my head" - we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

This war? I don't really know how its going, our media won't tell us. But I do know that some things ARE worth fighting for and taking the hippie approach isn't a good idea either. But this has nothing to do with your morals, just how you view those who fight for this country. At least you bowed out gracefully.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
yeah, grace is my specialty. I thought the "puppet on a string" analogy was pretty clear. I guess the very fact that it isn't clear may just be the problem.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Sounds to me like he's saying we, specifically National Guard soldiers, are puppets of the US government, following blindly.

Kid Rock said it a little different. I think the big difference is where our loyalties lie. In many American's case, and soldier's specifically, is a bit more patriotic than someone is willing to admit.......

Warrior:

So don't tell me who's wrong and right
When liberty starts slipping away
And if you ain't gonna fight
Get out of the way
'Cause freedom ain't so free
When you breathe red, white and blue
I'm giving all of myself
How 'bout you?
And they call me warrior
They call me loyalty
And they call me ready to provide relief and help,