Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
So i messed up one of my fins on my board. Im going to order a new ones. Should i just stick with the 1.1's or should i change size? What do the smaller or bigger ones do? Thanks ahead of time
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
whats the difference between the A and P wing fins?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-23-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
If I remember right, The Hyperlite P Wing Wakeboard Fin 1.0" gives you a quicker release and a moderate feel on the water. The trailing edge is based off Hyperlite's original ramp style fin. A Seattle style creation has a smooth turn and a quicker release off the wake. The P Wings feature a thinner profile for less drag/friction on the water and a durable aluminum construction prevents thread/insert damage. Our friends on the Atlantic side shaped the Hyperlite A Wing fin with more surface area in the trailing edge for a tighter feel on the water....OK, that was cut and pasted from here: http://www.the-house.com/fins-wake.html
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
alright thanks man, my next question would be i currently have a 1.1 a wing on there. should i go to a 1.2 or 1.0 p wing. what do different sizes mean?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-23-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that 1.2 and 1.0 refers to the "depth" of the fin. A deeper riding fin would give you a more locked in feeling and be harder to break loose.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
so what would be better for more pop....the smaller one?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-23-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Jesse, before you try a different fin, take them off and try finless. This leads to my answer to your question, if you feel you must have a fin, get the smallest one possible. I think they make a 0.7 fin as well? The fins 'lock' you in, so if you need that to get speed I guess they are important, but they also 'hold' as you release, so that hurts you if you want to do surface spins (or even start your spins early off the wake).
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
i ride a 07 hyperlite state......just take the fins off and see how i like it before i order smaller ones? will that help with the pop?