Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-02-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
My truck shakes/vibrates violently at 70 mph. Below 70 and above 80 there is no vibration. I have had the tires/wheels balanced and rotated. In the last 6 months I have replaced wheel bearings, upper and lower control arms, pitman arm, idler arm, shocks, rotors/drums, and last week I had the U-joints inspected and they are fine. The tires were on the truck when I bought it 6 months ago (it’s a 1995 dodge ram). The tread is good, but I'm thinking that the tires may be bad anyway. I'm just on the fence about spending $400 on new tires and still not fixing the problem. Any insight or opinions would be appreciated.

Has anyone bought tires from tirerack.com? Tirerack is about $100 cheaper than buying at a local tire center. You can have tires from tirerack sent to an approved installer and then you pay the installer to install them for you. I'm just a little leery of showing up to the installer and them saying they never received the tires, etc.