Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-26-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
i'm looking at getting a new board this year and thinking bout getting something different and trying to stay away from hyperlite or liquid force.. thinking about cwb absolute or the gator gonzalez. can anyone tell me what they think about the board or what they ride that are these brands and if you like or not? thanks!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
I've tried the Gator once and it was okay.... I have ridden an absolute but it was years ago so I've sure they've changed things,

there are a bunch of other brands that aren't hyperlite or LF that maybe worth a look too:
Slingshot
Ronix
Obrien
Company
Byerly
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
I started out on LF and went to CWB. I dont see myself ever ridin anything other than CWB. The people behind CWB and customer service is great! CWB also makes their boards in the U.S. so your buying from home. I ride the Transcend which doesnt have a center fin and is loose when it needs to but when you need an edge all you do is load up on that edge you need. I've spent some time around the core wakeboarders who ride CWB and its been nothin but a humble experience. I used to be die hard LF guy until I spent some time with the people from CWB and didnt hesitate to back a great brand. I've heard that the absolute is a good board and a lot of people like it, but i suggest lookin at the Marius, Transcend, and Pure. Cause those are some crowd favorites. CWB is also great at replacing gear that has gone bad. I love the way my transcend rides and i love that im supporting a core wakeboard brand. Again, i use to be LF through and through, until i saw the behind the scenes and core community of the sport. Hypelite and LF are mostly found on the weekend warrior boats. But when you actually go to events, you'll see mostly CWB, or slingshot, or company. For me its more about supporting a good brand with a good product that goes with the company and thats why i ride CWB's products. Good luck Dustin, hope you find what your lookin for!
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-26-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
CWB is my favorite board company. Their board/binding technology is amazing, their prices are much better than competitors, and their warranties/customer service is unmatched. By the way on what you said Codi... a lot of the '09 gear I heard is not being made in the US anymore, but I am not entirely sure so someone please correct me if I am wrong
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
CWB, I just called last week because a lace on my 2008 Zues broke. I got 4 of the laces in the mail the following week. No questions asked on their part.

Great company and I won't deal with any other company personally anymore.
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
i prefer gator... but its up to the way u like ur boards...
Old     (lzrdwrnglr)      Join Date: May 2008       05-26-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
Gator
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
Gator... Fo shizzle. I am sure you will have a bijillion people pushing CWB, the pushaman is strong here with C dub bee.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 11:07 PM Reply   
Jason,
You may be right but i just know that the years prior to 09 are all american made. Hopefully they still are but ill have to check into it.

Either way, cwb deserves all the support they can get because of how great the company is.
Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-26-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
codi i think you did it for me that was a awesome sales pitch hope cwb sees that kuz im definatly leaning toward cwb. im gonna start looking into there boards i ride no fins way back on the wake and love a fast board. got any sugestions?
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-26-2009, 11:24 PM Reply   
Dustin, if you decide to go with a Gator, I have a 08 139 Gonzo with matching size 11 boots. PM me if your interested.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Try the 2009 Transcend boat. Fast on the water with great pop from what I hear.

I have the 2008 and love it. The 2.5 inch fin extensions had way too much tracking, no fin extensions seemed to be a little too lose for my liking, and the 1.5 fin extensions are perfect for my riding style. I don't think I will be buying another board for 2-4 years now. :-) It does have soft landings.

Then there is the Marius. Not entire sure if it's fast but I am sure that is has even softer landings then the Transcend.

Better yet, go rent both of them and try them out. You will be sold on one by the time you are finished with your testing.

Good luck.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
CWB...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
hahaha

"boat"!!! that should have been board. :-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Dustin, the Gator Gonzo board is very similar to the original Premier. Moderate 3 stage and long molded fins, a good board. The Absolute is similar with the addition of a long center spine to soften landings. Neither is particularly fast.

You want a quick board with a sweet loose feel, try the CWB Transcend, remove the fin extensions and shred. It is a very balanced board, nice solid edge, a big consistent boot and just a sweet riding board.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Dustin do you like three stage or continuous rocker boards?
Do you want straight up pop or out into the flats pop?

The boards to demo from CWB are
Transcend
Absolute
Marius
Faction
Kink

Cant go wrong with CWB from the boards to the bindings to the customer service all A+ IMO.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Demo, demo, demo....
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
+1 on the triple-up demo advice from Evan.

I see that you're in Stockton. Do yourself a favor and go see the guys at DWC Boardshop at Tower Park. They'll work with you on demos to put you on a setup that you know you like.
Old    K.B.C.            05-27-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
if it's a toss up for you then support the rider owned company
Old     (dustinj)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-27-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
jeff... all i've ridden have been 3 stage boards so that what i'm used to. i might have to go talk to DWC see whats up. thanks.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Yes Go talk with DWC and they will get you dialed.

Absolute 3 stage
Transcend Subtle 3 stage
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
I would go GATOR I Love my board and the others that I riden. After you ride one you will see what I am talking about. Try the militan 140 it has a hybrid rocker or try the prospect 141 both boards are great.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
I own a 08 Ricky G and a 08 Marius. Ricky G has a good solid edge and is a fast board. Marius is a wide board but has a lot of pop. I like both boards but if I had to choose one I would go with the CWB. I also own a pair of Zeus CT and Answer CT bindings. Bindings rock hands down I like the hinge, it locks you feet in hard core. But I know where you can get a Ricky G for 80 + shipping. Thats why I bought one.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
+1 for DWC and the Transcend! I rode the Marius every year its been out and I think that the 09 Transcend has softer landings or they are about the same but the Transcend is faster for sure.

TC
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-27-2009, 11:43 PM Reply   
Dustin,
Thanks for the compliment. But for what you want i'd tell you a marius, but since you like the 3-stage rocker, i'd say transcend. The marius has a continuous rocker and is super wide so its a faster board from what i've seen. I ride the transcend and like it a lot. I say go with the Transcend man cause you can remove the fin extensions if you want to.