Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 5:28 AM Reply   
Anyone know where I can buy some pre-cut (or not) carpet to cover trailer bunks?

Is there a carpet that is a little softer material? The stock stuff is marking the hull of my boat and I dont like that...

thanks!
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
This E-bay store sent me carpet samples that looked very good, but I have not yet got around to this project.
I also had seen at West Marine a dry silicon carpet bunk spray to help with sliding the boat on!
http://stores.ebay.com/A-Bass-Boat-Parts-Store_CARPET_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ5QQftidZ2QQ pZ4QQtZkm
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
Home depot and Lowes carry outdoor carpet.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-29-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I spray my bunk with pledge or armor all once a month to help with launching/loading.
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
anyone ever used a vinyl/rubber replacement instead of carpet like bunkaps? http://www.bunkaps.com/

(Message edited by twoten on June 29, 2007)
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
www.dhmtrailers.com sells pre-made carpeted bunks for their trailers. If the dimensions are the same you could buy those.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-29-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
No much you can do about the marks on your hull. The super slippery stuff that people put on their trailers is great if you winch your boat on, like in salt water. If you do not strap the boat down really really well, it can slide all over the place.

Go to www.overtons.com and type in "bunk". Tons of stuff will come. Replace the boards too with new ones. Use only stainless staples and galvanized bolts from the wood to the trailer.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
I second what Peter said. I have heard some horror stories of boats sliding right off the bunks while backing down the ramp. This includes ripping the tow strap. Take a look at themalibucrew for a thread titled "if it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone" about seasoned riders and their experience with pam on the bunks.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
The ramp the I frequent I unclip my boat in the get ready area & then back down the ramp. That way you dont have to unclip it when you hit the water and you get out of the way quickly. With any thing on the bunks to make it more sliperly would cause some issues..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-29-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
my boat's never moved an inch on the ramp. still makes me nervous everytime i back down. and if i'm in the boat, eye hook generally stays till she fires up.