Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-07-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
Just curious how all of you do it. I keep buoys on each of the pop up cleats, but the buoys are making the gel coat dull.

there are 3 spots to tie down on from the slip (two at very back and one in front)
My slip is at Folsom if you are familiar... they are real tight.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-07-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
By "buoy", do you mean fender??
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-08-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
Bow out and use pre-tied, pre-measured dock lines to keep your boat centered and off the slip. I also used shock cords (black rubber trucker bungee cords) to provide constant tension to keep the boat centered.
Old     (nawakwa1)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
We use a product called wakewatcher.
http://www.wakewatcher.com/
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
I've seen booms advertised but I couldn't find it in a quick search. They are not a whip but a bar that runs out from the side of the dock directly to your bow and stern ties. Then a spring lines hold you for an aft.
The boat moves up and down but not in and out from the dock. No touch, no scuff, a bit more of a pain to get in and out. I have never used them.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Dock lines and snubbers are the only way to go! Someone at your marina should be able to show you how to tie them up. It's going to be a little costly but far cheaper than gel coat repair.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
hydrohoist
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I tie off on all sides and just let it float in the middle. Never used bumpers, mever had an issue.

Granted, I can tie off at 6 pints. 2(one each side) on the bow lifting ring. 2(each side) on the side. 2(each side) on the back.

Upload
Upload

I also want to say three numbers and one word. 303 Protectant. I am a FIRM believer that covering my boat with 303 all the time is one reason that it doesn't get the sun damage that I see on other boats that slip near me. Buy it by the gallon and use it like it is water.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-08-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
thanks everyone for the advice! I think I need to go with some pre-measured lines. I wish my slip was the size of the one in this picuture!
the ones at Folsom are like tight.
i did mean fenders not buoys... doh!
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-08-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
No kidding. I actually tied the fenders to the slip since the slip has a ton of rough edges. I then clip a stainless clip to the front of the boat that is tied to each side of the slip. I then connect the rear with pre-measured lines I leave tied to the slip as well.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
We have 3 cleats, two on the dock side and 1 on the main pier. We run 4 lines to suspend the boat best as possible; one from the back cleat to the dock, one from the mid cleat to the dock, and one from the mid cleat on the other side and the bow eye to the same cleat on the dock.

We have 2 fenders on the posts of the dock incase it does bump into in while pulling in, but our biggest problem is the non-pivoting racks and the wooden pylons that extend up. Actually making a trip to the hardware store tomorrow to replace some bent rack screws

Upload
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
can you move your racks way up to clear or put them on top of your tower somehow?
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-08-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
Ropes are cool
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-09-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Andy not on the newer mc towers