Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    DocPhilMD            08-17-2013, 9:03 PM Reply   
Okay so here is a follow up to my demo day. I looked at the 2014 MC X-10, 2013 MB sports 23 WB, 2013 Tige RZ2, 2014 SAN 210. I surfed and drove all of them hard (except the Tige-I will get to that). Now keep in mind that the surf wake was not set up on a couple boats as what many would consider ideal. So all I can review is what I looked at

3)Tige RZ2

Let me just start off by saying that the salesman absolutely ruined this demo so it might not be a fair review of the boat itself. I will do my best to stay neutral on the subject until we get to the dealer section

The interior of the boat was nice. I would say it was on par with the MB from an interior standpoint. It did have a nicer tower (although the racks were terrible with the weird ball bungee hook) and some other cool interior options like the transom walkthrough. This boat felt very SMALL for a 22 footer. This boat felt much smaller than the MC X 10 and the SAN 210 with another few inches of boat. Very cramped. The bow was VERY shallow. So shallow that it was constantly taking on rollers. I don't know if it was the driver (the salesman) or the boat but it seemed to sit very low in the way even without ballast. The exterior was interesting and styled well.

Fit and Finish: C

The surf wake was excellent. Maybe the best of the day. It had the pro ballast but no VX attachment. It also had the TAPS system. It was hard for me to tell because the salesman (nick Grafton at Skipper Buds in Fenton Michigan-avoid at all costs) kept purposely throwing me off the wake. He never used cruise ( and seemed proud of it) and kept changing the TAPS and the speed while I was surfing. He asked my buddy if he "wanted to see my oh sh*t face". Needless to say, I wasn't having fun at all. I am a very good surfer and my longest run was about 10 seconds because of this d bag. I can't imagine why anyone would do this but he did. Although when he wasn't messing with me, it was a great wake.

Surf wake: A

I have no idea how it handled or drove because I didn't drive it. About 20 minutes into the ride he stated he "had another customer" and had to go back. I asked to drive and he ignored me. So I really have no idea how it handled.

Performance/handling: N/A

The sticker on this was 85K. I thought this wasn't horrible considering the options. It had a few nice features like the pro ballast and the Z tower. However, when you compare the interior to a malibu or nautique for the same price, it's not even close. It had a stock motor and no other significant extras

Price: C

The dealer and the salesman were absolutely horrible. One could argue that the salesman was at fault and the dealer wasn't to blame but I have dealt with these guys before and they have proven to be less than competent in the past. Plus, any dealer that would hire this d bag should be avoided for this reason alone. First, the salesman tried to reschedule on me at the last minute while on another demo, then he double booked our appointment time and cut our demo short, and finally he threw me off the surf wake on purpose multiple times and didn't let me drive the boat. If he were my employee, I would fire his a$$ immediately.

Dealer: F

Overall, this was a pretty nice boat. The exterior and interior were good with what seemed to be a great surf wake. It was cramped though. Plus, other boats like malibu and nautique are priced similarly in this range have much nicer fit and finish but possibly an inferior wake. Tige is a nice looking boat with good interior and a premium surf wake. Unfortunately I cannot buy one because of this dealer.

Overall: D