Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-25-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
I saw a thread a while back about the new rope adjuster thingy majig. Anyone actually have pictures of this new device. I guess they had one at the surf expo. Just curious. Any info is appreciated.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-25-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
It comes with an 80' line that you can adjust to any length you want. I saw it up in Tahoe when the I was up there for the showing of the 09 HO/Hyperlite/Accurate gear. I'll try and get some pics.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-25-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
thanks np3. I am really curious to see if it is a large device, compact..etc.etc.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-25-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
If you know how to tie knots you dont need this, but I guess it's nice to get something like that with your new line.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-26-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
I heard from Hyperlite. That as long as you can gain a lil slack between the boat and the rider you can actually adjust the rope while still in tow. Now I think that is cool. I don't know how many times I had to stop and adjust the length this past season for different kinds of tricks and what not. So if this is true...that we can make a length change while motoring along...this could be really cool.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-27-2008, 12:07 AM Reply   
It's a fairly small device prob about 4-5 inches long and it has a couple of holes for the rope to run through...you pull out a portion of it to change the rope length and then push it back in to secure it
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
scott firman,

that sounds interesting, but now i immagine some person getting their finger cut off 'cause they were too slow... but then i have never seen the divice, so what do i know fore sure...
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-27-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yeah, some dumbass will definitely lose a couple digits, I hope accurate has enough warning labels on their stuff that they can avoid the lawsuit.
Old     (sheehan)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-27-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Personally I think it's a great idea.
I ride with a lot of friends who aren't that great and don't have their own stuff, and obviously they aren't going to ride as long a rope as I do.
This will save me from constantly changing ropes...
Their won't be 4 ropes laying on the floor tangled up.
Let me know if/when you guys get these in Nick, and I'll buy one.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Just shorten your long rope. Why do you need 4 ropes?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-27-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
We're getting a couple in....I know we ordered some, not sure how many or if it was for the first or second order, but I'll let you know when they come in
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-28-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
np3 Let me know as well when they come in. You can send me a personal email with info. Thanks...appreciate it.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-29-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
No problem...I just checked our order and we have 2 coming in on the first order date and they run $149.99 for the device with an 80 ft mainline...We should be getting them in a few wks I imagine, I'll let you know when they come in.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-29-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Not to be a downer but I think if the price was just a bit lower they would sell a whole lot more of these. I'd love to pick one up, but being able to buy a top of the line rope AND handle for about the same price, its sort of out of the picture.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-29-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
I personally think rope prices are just plain stupid, you can find bullet lines for about 45$ a pop if you are patient enough, and sure it may not look as cool, have a crazy name, or the spectra coating may not be as of high quality, but it saves me enough money for me not to care. Markup on ropes is absolutely ridiculous.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-29-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
so you have to buy these with the line then? come on!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-29-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
yeah...other lines with the extensions wont fit the holes of the rope shortner...it's just one solid 80 ft line with no extensions
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-29-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
that makes sense then i guess. i thought it was something that you could add to any line.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-29-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
no it has its own specific line...the device is actually pretty cool and really easy to use...Murray started using it at his camp for teaching students with a wide range of ability to speed things up and not have a bunch of ropes on the boat...you can get different colored sharpie's and make marks on the rope for where you ride, your friend, and so on.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-29-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
I agree with Dan about rope prices. I mean $120 for an Accurate A-Line? Give me a break. I actually bought one back when I was making some serious dough but looking back I can't believe I payed that for a flippin' wakeboard line. Its a great line but I don't see why it should be that expensive. This is definitely a rich dude's sport.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
How about an 80+ foot line with no shortening loops and without the adjuster thingy. Then just tie it where you need it. That would keep costs down.

It's so flippin' easy to shorten a rope, and to do it knot free, that these gimicky things are just that.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
It is really easy to shorten a rope, but most of the world has a hard enough time knowing which end to put through the loop first, much less tie a special knot.

The shortener is pretty cool. We used it at the camp for a while an really liked it. Unfortunately it was the only one they had at the time and took it back. I think a lot of people will be really into it.