Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some new bindings obviously. Does anyone have any opinions or pro's and con's of the 06- murray, shane, watson, torq, and zeus. thanks for the help.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I dont own any of them, but from what I have read they are all good bindings. Do a search one each of them and you should get the info you want.....
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
I have Torq's now and will be riding Zeus' once they come in. The heel hold is AMAZING and they are the easiest things to get into. I reccomend trying a pair on, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Ya the Zeus are great bindings, with great support and zero heel lift.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-25-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Watson and Shane are both great boots (haven't tried the others). The closed toe is something different, although I'm not a fan of it, it's still a super cooch binding. Watson's are also great, I found them to offer some more support and tighten up around my foot just a little better.

If you're thinking LF I'd also slap a pair of transits on in the shop as well. I found them to be a very supportive binding while offering some more flexibility than the Watson. The footbed also worked for me just a little better.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I rode the Zues, Murray's and 3ds all several times and ended up choosing the 3ds - I think the Hyperlite stuff is more comfortable and just as easy to get into.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Very happy with new Watsons. Tough to pull the cost trigger but worth it. Very light and total comfort. I was going to order online but was unsure to get xl or xxl. Am size 12 and glad I bot local as it turned out I did need the xxl for this model. Came out of LF exo-sucs and these are a huuuuuuge step-up.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-26-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
I am riding the Murrays now and like them a lot. I have tried on the Watson's, and they are really nice as well. The torq doesn't have the same high support that the other boots have, but it is super easy to get in and out of. The Zeus didn't fit my heel right, but other than that it was good.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-26-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
its amazing how easy the watsons are to get into as well....check this video out...toward the end watson slides his foot right in with no hands and cinches them down....its friggin awesome.

http://www.liquidforce.com/clinic_dvd/the_watson.mov
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-27-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
I rode the 06 murrays for about 6 sets, and I liked them for comfort, but the footbed was too soft and small... I had to quit riding because everytime I stomped a big trick it sent shocks all the way from my feet up to my back, and pretty much made everything hurt, to the point where I landed a switch crow out in the flats and tossed the handle.

Never have that problem with my O'Brien Argons.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-27-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
I have heard from people on the water that their Torqs are popping open when they land hard. One guy told us his Torqs were opening when he tried to tweak his grabs.

I have not heard anything but good about the Zeus boots though...

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Its a really easy fix on the Torqs to tighten the tension on the hinge so they wont pop open.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-29-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
thanks for the help. I went with the zeus's and they are great. good heel hold, really soft.