Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-10-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
here are some pics from last sunday...was out with tyler im his sweet 211 with zr6...

tyler, blake, steve(h20 skier) and myself...blake got a great run in (waay smooth & hugh air !!!)

btw, take a look at the last 2 pics...never trust a $10/hour city worker for buoy placement..

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-10-2005, 3:50 AM Reply   
The Bays water looks a little nasty
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Ouch!!!

Are you guys feeling okay? That water was about the dirtiest it can get! Nice pics though
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-10-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
Mike, not being too familiar with the area, is mission bay ocean or fresh water? just curious
Old    sunsetterlxi            03-10-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
it the boat actually out of the water in the last few pics????? I had that happen while fishing with a friend of mine in the Charleston bay, tide is really bad there and it went awy in just a short time.

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-10-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
OMG!!!!! I cant believe the boat was sitting in the sand. Low tide must have come in super fast.
Hope the boat is ok?? Tyler.. were you ok??
Nice riding pics though..
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
boat came out fine..no scratches or damage ..whew !!!

paul- it is ocean water
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-11-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Well, Sorry Clubmike, it is only a small amount of ocean water. Mostly storm drains, rain run-off, and sewer water. MMMmmmm! I should know. I have drank quite a bit of that in my days. That would explain my third eye, black tonails, and the seizures!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
I would have been trippin if that was my boat. How did you get stuck and how did you get out w/out a scratch?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
I would have thought that the underwater gear would have got stuck in the mud. When the water rose did the boat just float right up out of the muck?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Remind me NEVER EVER EVER to take EVER EVER to take my boat there!! HORRIBLE!! for a minute I thought it was nasty stuff floating on the water but then..OUCH
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
LOL never ever ever smokey's in da house
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
sorry work's slow today
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
LOL>>>>>that is funny !!!!

yep got the boat out without a scratch...just had to wait for the tide to rise..
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-11-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
You can see the trail from the prop churning in the mud in the last pic. good thing it was just mud. How long did you have to sit there?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Here's Blake after his trip to the ER:
(4 stitches)

Old    brye            03-11-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Blake,

You can still drive my Bu. Hope your doing better. At least you didnt loose your neckless this time. Keep your chin up buddy!

Steve,

Dont let me ever let Blake drive my truck!

Take care
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2005, 1:16 AM Reply   
Mark,

From what I understand, his wakeboard was flying toward his necklace so he used his forehead to protect it. He wanted to make sure and not damage anything he uses.
You don't have to worry about him driving your lightning anytime soon either, he's back home partying it up for his buddy's wedding for the next few days. Have fun Blake!!
We've got to get together sometime soon and hang out Mark. I'm done with finals on Monday, so I'll try to get in touch soon after.

-Steve
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
LOL !!!!!
Old    whitechocolate            03-12-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
That's funny I have had the exact same thing happen to me. I was at the delta and parked for a few Hrs' and when I went to start up I was stuck, We had to stay there over night in the boat about 3 or 4 in the moring the tied came back up and we escaped. LOL
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-12-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys it's Tyler. Big props to Mike for posting this (just kidding Mike)

All's well that ends well. No damage to the boat, Mike picked us up beer and bar-b-que and we spent a day on the bay kickin it. Still beats work any day. All we needed to get out of this situation was patience and some beer/grub.

Anyway, the water was glassy that morning, we're the only ones out there and it costs $0 dollars to launch and play at the bay. Knock it if you will but winter riding at Mission rocks! (when your floating that is)

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-12-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
Glad to see the day didnt dampen you spirits Tyler, but I am sure you had to be a little worried at first.. But like you said "alls well that ends well". Great way to look at a tough situation... Hope to see you soon..

Kevin
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
Could have been worse:

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-12-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
Ahhhh... Yea... Your right. thats definetly worse...
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-12-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Thanks man. As a matter of fact we hit the bay Friday afternoon and rode hard till the sun went down. We had the place to ourselves!

Are you riding Sunday at Elsinore? I was thinking of heading out down here but it might be worth the drive up north....
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-13-2005, 2:09 AM Reply   
Hahaha, that picture is great. Rather ironic that the name of the boat is Temporary Insanity.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       03-14-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
I don't know how any of that happened...

-Blake

Mark,

Thanks for adding your input... I knew it was coming. About the chin... Not cool. Elaine (your ex-wife) likes it, she said so the other night... I'll tell her you said hi. Just Kidding, take it easy man, we're going to miss you this summer!

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-14-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Sorry Tyler.. just saw your post...
Did you hit up the bay?? Didn't see you at Elsi..
Hope you had fun..
No more sand bar incidents right???
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-14-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
No more sand bars. I drove or had MB veterans at the helm this weekend.

We rode Friday afternoon and Sunday. Daniel (agfan) rode with us Friday and Steve (stormrider) and his son Christian on Sunday. Great times! So it looks like San V. on Thursday is the place to be?
Old    stormrider            03-14-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
I cannot confirm or deny that I was there. I can confirm that my 15 y.o. son Christian does think Tyler has the coolest wakeboard boat ever made.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-14-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
Yea.. Thurs. San V. I think I am on Buzz's Bu.
Gonna ride to some bumping tunes..Have you heard the system on Buzz's boat??.. WOW!!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-15-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
Not yet but I'm looking forward to it! I may be there Thursday but I really do need to take the ride in to get several little things taken care of from initial delivery. I'll share the load if I end up heading out.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-15-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
Stormrider,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad Christian liked the boat. He sure was stalling out big air!