Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
I saw the truth on fuel as their insane cinema, if you have a dvr it might be nice to record. I was surprised they used the same music as the actual.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Yea, Whats up with the music deal? I watched "The Butter Effect" on Fuel and it was like watching a different movie without the same music as the DVD.

(Message edited by cbk on October 02, 2007)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-02-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
vids w/ different music than those on the dvd means they didn't get licensing (permission) to use the music for the dvd. in order to show vids on fuel, film company must have licensing for all music in the vid.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh...Thanks!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-02-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
I thought whoever makes the DVD has to have the licensing for all the music before they release the DVD?
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
can you get fuel tv for comcast??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-02-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
i'd say a majority of wake dvds out there don't have licensed music. but yeah, technically, you're supposed to get music cleared if you're making a dvd. it's actually one of the reasons why the release of the chick flick was delayed. getting music cleared was not fun!

(Message edited by dakid on October 02, 2007)
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-02-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
I heard that some of the music for The Truth was changed also because of licensing problems. They couldn't get the original music they wanted licensed so they had to go to different songs.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2007, 10:48 PM Reply   
Some film companies simply license for home video usage only, which is actually very very common because the television portion of the agreement can get very expensive. Why pay the extra money for television if you don't have to.

For "The Truth" we were fairly confident we were gonna do a deal with Fuel, so we spent the extra money in order to preserve the soundtrack.

With careful planning it can all pay for itself...For example, in this situation the finance acquired from the Fuel deal ultimately helped relive the additional finance spent television portions of the contracts in the first place...

Please do your best to respect the artists and pay for your music. It has been something that I have been trying to really put a lot of focus on...especially lately...

Audio makes Video -
Hi-5
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
Here's a link to most of the soundtrack on iTunes that somebody randomly posted...pretty cool!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=258306789&s=143441
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-03-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
I really hate to hear that they change the soundtrack. So much time and effort was put into proper placement and syncing, its sucks that they have to change it up. It really must be like watching a completely different movie.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-03-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
What sucks even more is when you do pay for TV rights and can't get it on TV :-) ...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-03-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
the have been playing butter effect, relentless, and the truth constantly on FUEL, i have my DVR set to recored anything with the word wakeboard or wakeskate in the title or description, needless to say i have recorded each like 20 times.