Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
So, I brought this new kid out on my boat the other day. He started riding last summer behind a 16 foot flat boat. This was his second time on a boat that put out a wake and had a tower. He was getting a consistant 7 feet of air on his heelside and about 5 on his ts and he could do huge hs 180s. I told him to go for a backroll. His first time ever going for any type of invert, lands it his 6th attempt. I was very impressed, I just told him to throw his hips straight up off the wake and he did it. He asked what he could try next, so I shrugged my shoulders and said 'a raley?'. I was only kidding. He asked what a raley was and I explained to him what it was and how to do one. First attempt he does a krypt and slides out. Second attempt he sticks it. I have never seen someone land tricks like this without any experience on a trampoline or any knowledge of what any of the tricks are.
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-04-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
Wow! Very impressive! How old is he?
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Holy s***
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-04-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
wow, post some pics!
How old did you say he is?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-05-2006, 12:58 AM Reply   
Does his name include "Lyman" anywhere?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2006, 1:23 AM Reply   
19 years old, started wakeboarding this summer not last, and is riding a 1998 obrien rail wakeboard with 200? hyperlite spin bindings.

I have some still shot pics of the backrolls, none of the raleys because it was getting dark.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2006, 1:31 AM Reply   
19 huh...where does he live?? ;) jk thats awesome though! i wish i picked stuff up that fast!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-05-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
Its cause he has no fear yet. I love the newbie that still has balls of steal. Tell him to keep it up.