Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    anim8or            09-14-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Is it worth it to get insurance on an old 1980s boat, valued at $3K? Does insurance typically cover things like equipment or boat theft, or damage to the engine/props? And, can anyone recommend an insurance company? I live in L.A.
Old    wakecord            09-14-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
Progressive does boat/rv/PWC insurance.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-14-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Is it worth it? Thats really up 2 you. cna you afford a 3K loss? If so at least get liability to CYA if something does happen. Call Westmar direct or go to www.aquapac.com or call me @ 877-428-1309 for a quote.

Here is more info.
http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2004/insurance.asp

Rick
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
i use boat US. I would say get it. It should be really cheap .if you hit something it could cost you close to 3k, if you have an inboard. Like rick said can you afford a 3k loss?
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-14-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Not so much the 3K loss... Can you imagine if someone hurt themselves on or due to your boat and then sued? I know we all trust our friends, however, I still want to CMA. Westmar is 340 annually for our boat. Worth every penny, even if it was valued at 3K.
Old    anim8or            09-14-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
does that $340 just include liability/injury or also theft and damage? I've been without it for awhile now but feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette. The injury/accident possibility has always weighed heavily on my mind and while the boat isn't worth all that much we do have a lot of fairly expensive wakeboarding equipment. Plus the boat isn't stored at my place (impossible where I live), its at a storage yard. At least I have the cheapest boat in the place. :-)