Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-23-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with theWakePlace.com these days??? I used to love getting on there and watching new videos pretty often. I know things change and people start different projects I was just curious if anyone had heard any news regarding the site???
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-24-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
i know! they had the best videos, i hate that there not uploading anymore.
Old    englishjon            07-26-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Hey Guys

TheWakePlace is still here, and its not going anywhere! TheWakePlace was always a concept site for me, always looking to push web based wakeboard video in a positive direction. I noticed a huge increase in the amount of wake videos online, and to me it raised a few questions.
Imagine a pro snowboarder went to a wake website to try and get an idea of what level wakeboarding was progressing at - would they get an accurate picture of how wakeboarding actually is from the video content out there? Do they react to them like many of us react to snow films? Or Freestyle motoX films? So i wanted every video that went out to be produced and something myself and the riders involved could be proud of. This is still the case.
There are lots of videos on the way, but they will be much longer and much higher quality then previous wakeplace videos. So you might have to wait longer for them, but they will for sure be worth waiting for.

The recent lack of videos on the site has been down to me working a lot more on the industry side of things. Product video, other websites videos, Network TV and more. So i'm still in the industry, and maybe just taking a step back to see where this whole media craze goes

So i hope you guys can be patient, i'm not about to let you guys down. Just to show you what i have going on, i will get to releasing a new video within the week - it will be the Rusty Malinoski section, it is finished......

Cheers

"Jon from TheWakePlace"
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-26-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
nice. i've been checking this site alot recently wondering the same thing. good to hear new video is on the way.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
Good
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
looking foreword to the new stuff
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-27-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
sweet
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-27-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thats awesome, I always loved the videos on there and will continue too!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-06-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
And still no Video
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
That site is by far one the best for wake videos. Keep up the good work.
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Kind of a let down.... maybe soon
Old    englishjon            08-08-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, we're adding even more to the Rusty video - so stay tuned. Just so you know, this Rusty section will probably push 8mins long, it is worth the wait.....

Last edited by englishjon; 08-08-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old    englishjon            09-01-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Uploaded 4 videos today! Including the Part 1 of the Rusty video......
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-01-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
I was about to get excited until I saw they are coming from vimeo which is blocked from my work!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-01-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
The Rusty video is pretty sweet. The color is interesting, is that a post production thing? It almost looks like it was shot on film. Also like the music, Silversun Pickups is good stuff.
Old     (KGar11)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-02-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
My jaw is still wide open after watching rustys double up chase boat section
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-03-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Dude thank you no we need more!!!!
Old     (Seb04Sg)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-05-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Seriously awesome video, always enjoy thewakeplace videos!

What is the trick that Rusty throws at 4.20 roughly?