Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-06-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
Hey I have a friend trying to decide between the lyman and ibex. Not sure how to advise him...never been on either board. Anybody rode them both that could give me a comparison?
Old     (anderc)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
i just bought the lyman ltd a week or so ago and love it! never rode the ibex so can't comment on that one. its a pretty quick board, lotta fun!
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
I use to have the ibex and recently switched to the lyman.

Lyman - loose, fast, huge pop into the flats.

Ibex - locked in, fast, huge abrupt pop.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2009, 5:26 AM Reply   
....the key thing here is the fin set up the lyman has 4 shallow cupped fins on each end, the ibex only two larger (straight) ones. both boards will lock in on edge but the lyman will be looser flat....and be more fun to ride. The lyman also flexes more than the ibex.(you can feel the flex when landing sometimes helping save an off balance landing. The lyman also has the double concave on the bottom which acts somewhat like a double spine, that with the flex makes for a softer landing board.The lyman technology seems to be a little more advanced while the ibex is a glorified
premier (although the premier flexes more today as it is thinner)

btw I have ridden the lyman but not the ibex....but taken my account of that board from its specifications. Other than that walt has it pegged....lymans rocker not abrupt like the ronix.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on May 08, 2009)
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-08-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
I thought the lyman landed like a brick and I hated it, and the ibex was ok... but I liked the One a lot better than the Ibex and better than both of those... the 09 One is much faster than the 08 also so even better.
Old     (hyperlite986)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-10-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Never rode the Ibex but the Lyman rides like a dream. I ordered the 139 and have rode it two days and I'm in love with it. I came off an 06 Byerly 137 which had lots of pop and hard landings. The Lyman is very loose and skatey, but when you set your edge hold on because this thing takes off. The pop is amazing and the landings are really soft so I do not understand how TFD says " it landed like a brick." If you like to go big and carry out to the flats the lyman is my recommendation.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-10-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
I ride the Ibex, and as stated before, it has a real straight up pop, is fairly fast on landings, but its a little tougher to break loose when flat due to the larger fins (fairly easy to fix, just get smaller fins). I love the Ibex. It seems to me like your friend has no clue what his riding style is as he is picking boards from two completely different ends of the spectrum.