Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I have a really deep stain in one of my seats. Actually I left a mardi gras bead on it and the dye ran off and onto the seat. I ave nothing around the house that will even put a dent into it. I have heard great things of magic eraser I think its called. Anything else out there ran into a similar problem and what is the best thing on the market to get this out????
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
You will probably have to get it died.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-01-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
The best thing would be a razor and some new upholstery.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
You'll have to scrub to hard on that dye spot I wouldn't use the magic eraser on it. Especially if it's the textured part of the seat.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Magic eraser works great but can take some of the upholstery off with it if you scrub too hard....which you would need to do.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
The reason I said you may have to have it died is because something similar happened to me. The only difference was it was a pink glossy streamer that got wet and was on the seat. The color bled and I tried everything and finally had to have it died. Good luck.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Where do you get something like that died if I have to? WHat did it run you?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
It cost me like 90 bucks and my dealer had a guy do it. He just did the whole cushion...looks brand new so it will take a couple months for it to look like the others.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Use bleach, but keep it away from the seams and rinse off thoroughly, and then leave it in the sun for about a week.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
Not much to add except my similar experience. I stained the seat with freakin INK this weekend! The plastic bags the cheap ass CGA (mandatory orange eyesore) vests came in were wet so I set them out. The ink leeched off the bag and into the vinyl. I tried all kinds of stuff and resorted to the fact "#@!$" happens and let it sit in the sun. My wife saw the stains the next day "What the hell is that!" my shoulders slumped down head hung and I replied "I know." Her next comment was "Do you understand how mad you'd be if I did this?" I stood there speechless. She really put things in perspective for me. Granted I beat myself up pretty good. It will fade in the sun. Hope yours does too.
Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
dye, dyed, dyeing.... DIED ?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
sorry about the spelling
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-02-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
try 10% benzoil peroxide, buy a product with it in it ( think acne medication) and dap a little on, leave it out in the sun for 30 min. it should take it away. dont; get it on the stiching. I use a q tip to apply it.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
The stain is not close to any stitching. Sam will that really work? I will definately do it but wanna make sure that will really work and not just a suggestion ya know. do you use a q tip and rub it in then wash it off after half hour in sun?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-02-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
I used it on permanent marker, got it right out...my dad is a chemist, he gave me the idea. use the q tip and just dap it on top of the stain, no rubbing, the chemical will do its work. I wiped what I could up with a towel then rinsed with fresh water and put a little 303 on just cause. chek on it every 15 min in brite sun..it will slowly fade out.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Any info on a name of a product I can get at like wal-mart so I dont have to look at a ton of products for that ingredient?
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Try like 409 and acetone. Just try them both in an area that no one will notice first just in case.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-03-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Eric,

Just ask the pharmacist at Wallyworld. There are a bunch of acne products that contain 10% BP. Some will even say so right on the front of the package.

Jman
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
The previous owner of my boat left a tire leaning against the port side wall upholstry during the Heat of Texas. The black from the tire transferred to the white vinyl. In fact you could clearly read the Tire size on my vinyl. I tried every cleaner and could not get it out. Not even close!. My local Supra Dealer had an upholstry guy that basically painted/dyed over the stain and it matches the upholstry so well that you can not tell. Best $30 I ever spent.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-05-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
so, I tried the 10 percent benzoil peroxide and it did not work. I applied it and left it in the sun for a good half hour and rubbed it off and the stain did not come with it...:-(...any other ideas?
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-05-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Just keep on riding, the sun will fade it out. Give it about a 2 to 3 weeks of riding the sun.
I had the same thing happen to my boat after a weekend of partying.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-05-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Eric,

I know that you just got your boat and don't like looking at the stain, but maybe just give it a little while as stated above. Then, if after a while it still doesn't go away, then try some more desperate measures.

Good luck,

Jman
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-05-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Eric,

What is the color of the vinyl? If it is white, spray it with Westley's Bleach White, wait a couple of minutes, then scrub with a brush and rinse thoroughly. You can find it at most automotive stores or even Walmart. It is a great product intended for use on tires, but it works great on lots of things. It will make a dirty cooler look like new again. I used it exclusively on the interior on my previous boat and it still looked good after 12 years. I'm not recommending it for everyday use. I'm just telling you my experience with the product.

Jman