Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-04-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
All you are doing is giving us videos of other people getting hit, and what else happened in the game and saying "C'mon guys."

Trying to gouge eyes is a horrific act. Late hits are common in rivalry games. You can not even begin to put those in the same catagory.

"Do you hear florida complaining? no cause its called football.."

No, that's because nobody from Florida had fingers in their helmets trying to blind them.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-04-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
This thread is starting to sound retarded.

Move on to something else that has some sort of real football knowledge attached to it.

ie. Who is the biggest darkhorse to win the title and why?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
Eric's man love infatuation switch from MJ to Tebow is not interesting?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-04-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
"Who is the biggest darkhorse to win the title and why?"

TCU, they have Played good, solid football, and havn't let it come close. I call them a Darkhorse though, because they probably wont be let in.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
The people complaining about Spikes are haters. Several players and coaches admitted that sort of thing happens all the time but doesn't get noticed. Not that I condone it but what comes around goes around.

Seems it's a different story when the shoe's on the other foot and somebody delivers a cheap shot against a Gator player; there's no uproar in the media or in cyberspace. Same thing happened back in 2001 when Darnell Dockett got away with deliberately injuring Earnest Graham and attempting to do the same thing to Rex Grossman back in 2001

O well I dont really care, complain away. I want QBs in their pants when they see this man barreling at them. I want RBs to run home to momma rather than hit the hole. I want offensive coordinators circling pictures of Spikes and looking for ways to stop the guy. If he has to gouge an eyeball to get this kind of respect, then so be it. As a matter of fact, if Spikes doesn't rip out someone's eyeball at the Vandy game, I am going to call for Spikes to go play a sissier sport, like baseball.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-04-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
The Gators did complain, by the way.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-florida-meyer&prov=ap&type=lgns
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-04-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Lol, I hope Oregon plays Florida in the NC and Blount drops spikes with a crack to the jaw in the first play of the game.. Hey, I just want people to fear Blount. I want the defense to run home to momma

Upload

As for the darkhorse championship winner, I would give it to Cincinnati. Assuming that Pitt (ranked 13th) continues to win, and Cincy beats them at the end of the season, I think they could make it. But unfortunately, for anyone to have a chance, 2 of Florida, Texas, and Alabama will need to lose.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-04-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
What about a 1 loss winner? Or even a 1 loss team making it to the big game?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Sean - i would love to see that. for some reason i dont think that would go down like that tho. Spikes wont play at all next game.

Cincinnati is a very good offensive team. I could see them struggling vs pitt tho. UC's defense is average at best.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
Florida or Texas may be the best teams in the country. But with their pussy-whimp non-conference schedules, they do not have my vote. Boise State has beaten Oregon, which is better than any team Florida or Texas has played outside their conference. My feeling is that if you want to be in the championship game, you should win your conference, beat someone highly ranked outside your conference, and if necessary be undefeated. Right now only Alabama, Boise State, Cincinnati, and possibly TCU meet these criteria. But that's only my opinion.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-04-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
Boise State is a great example of why we need a playoff for 2 reasons.

1. Boise State wont get any love from the polls even though theyre undefeated. They should get a chance to prove themselves.

2. Because Boise State beat Oregon, and they will most likely go undefeated, Oregon will have a difficult time jumping them in the standings. BUT, I dont think there's a chance in hell that Boise State could beat Oregon at this point in the season. They beat them on the first game of the season while most teams are still figuring themselves out.

Bottom line is, the BCS SUCKS!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-04-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   

quote:

By Manzo (zo1) on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 1:15 pm:

Eric's man love infatuation switch from MJ to Tebow is not interesting?

best post ever.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-05-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
"The people complaining about Spikes are haters. "

lol...yeah that's it...lol
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Being the best team in college football gets you alot of people who hate you. Hell urban meyer cant even blink without being criticized in one way or another. If florida wasnt in the top 25 the brandon spikes issue wouldnt be an issue at all. So yes I claimed "haters" and ill still stick to it.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-05-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Maybe being the most arrogant makes you the most blind....?

Dude, come on. Assaulting a defensless player is always an issue.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
Damn I hate Tebow. ESPN has turned into the Tebow station. I am so sick of seeing him all over espn and sportscenter every week.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Its not an issue that gets blown up all over the country, all over the internet. You people act like he killed 3 people, 4 horses and a chicken. Get over it. Florida took action, he took responsibility. Its borderline pathetic that the people who care the most are not the people it effected, who stated he shouldn't be suspended at all, but jealous clowns who have probably never played football in front of more than 4 people in their lives.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Tebow is all over ESPN because week in and week out he's doing stuff. Stuff that makes his team win!

Go GATORS!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Paul, I know but I still hate him.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
When your on top everybody complains about you. When FSU was on top for so many years, all you would hear is Spurrier the "Whiner" bitchen about late hits.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Usually ESPN always favors the overated teams out West, USC, UCLA etc. I'm from Florida but cant stand the Gators mostly because of all their bandwagon, obnoxious fans. Although their not Thugs like Miami fans are.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-05-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
funny how eric thinks he's the only one who's ever played any sports in front of more than 4 people, and that the only ones allowed to comment on dirty plays are those that's played sports in front of more than 4 people. tebow's nuts down his throat must be cutting off all the oxygen to his brain.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-05-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
lol so true.... Miami = thug central

So does anyone think a 1 loss team can go to the big game this year?
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
was there an awkward moment when mike pulled his nuts out of erics mouth so that tim could put his in? was there a "its not you its me" conversation. i find it absolutely amazing that eric managed to get mike to finally take a backseat...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-05-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Why do people hate Tebow because he gets so much press? It isn't is fault that they all want a piece of him and blast him all over their highlights! Don't hate the player, hate the press.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
i like tebow, i think he is a great person and a great college player. i question his ability to make it as a pro. reading through this thread i take offense to erics dismissal of what spikes did and it seems like his tebow glasses are fogged up. spikes eye gouge was probably the most unsportsmanlike thing that has happened in college sports this year where a lot has happened. at least blounts ko punch was an action-reaction thing. you talk sh%$ and i'm gonna drop you. what spikes did was as chicken sh%$ as it gets.

people hit eachother late all the time, i agree tebow is a qb and a huge commiditty, coming off a nasty concussion so he should be protected, but one wrong does not excuse another.

and no ive never played football in front of more than 4 people. but most of the people who watch football havent either so wtf.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
"i take offense to erics dismissal of what spikes did"

hahaha, good im glad i offended you.

I have NEVER stated it wasn't wrong. I have stated that his actions were wrong, and that florida and spikes have taken responsibility for them. What more would you like? You want spikes to offer the RB part of his pay check next year? You want spikes to send him a Christmas card?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
"funny how eric thinks he's the only one who's ever played any sports in front of more than 4 people, and that the only ones allowed to comment on dirty plays are those that's played sports in front of more than 4 people."

Have you? Probably not. Joe i expect better from you. Emotions run high in big games and often lead players to do things that are stupid. Is it right? No. Does it happen? All the time. You wouldn't know since your not an athlete.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-05-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
funny how eric thinks someone that doesn't condone crap like that = I'm not an thlete. haha!

please keep trying to justify that crap. it saves everyone from having to make you look like an idiot. you're doin' a fine job of it on your own. .
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Joe - your not an athlete because you never accomplished anything athletic in your life. Its okay tho, just keep trying your best, you will eventually get picked at recess.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-05-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
I was a High School Athlete. People on my team got concussions, ACL injuries, and all sorts of things like that. But we at least had a mutual respect with the other teams not to brutally murder them. We helped eachother up, and suprisingly, didn't ever attempt to gouge eachother's eyes.

How can you defend this?
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Here is Spikes doing the same thing to a guy in high school. I can't believe they let this guy keep playing!

www.TinyURL.com/2w4apm
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-05-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
i guess in eric's world, not accomplishing anything athletically = will never understand that it's ok to try to gouge someone's eyes out.

what a freakin' tool.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
Caleb - yes im sure you and your team said please, thank you, good job after every play. Congrats you get the good Samaritan award. Darn, I must have just missed that one.

Joe - good im glad you finally have admitted you have accomplished little to nothing.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-06-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
"tebow's nuts down his throat must be cutting off all the oxygen to his brain."

LMFAO!!!! Classic!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-06-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
We played very physically, but we didn't try to kill anyone. I am assuming you were an athlete to be calling everyone out. If so, you would understand that as athletes, we are not out there to end each other's careers. Though we may not always respect each other (Believe me, I didn't), we at least respected eachother's right to play the next week.

I am just astounded that we are having to explain why it is not okay to blind someone to a full grown adult.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-06-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   

quote:

By Caleb Rountree (dlwsrider) on Friday, November 06, 2009 - 11:11 am:

I am just astounded that we are having to explain why it is not okay to blind someone to a full grown adult.

yeah, but have you seen his resume?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Read my posts, i never said it was okay. I stated Florida dealt with it, then Spikes dealt with it. The situation should be done and handled, but its not because people want to cry and complain because Florida is better than their team.

SideNote: You think what spikes did was bad, wowww!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEobeNfGcc
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-06-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
And what pretty much everyone else has been saying is that Florida didnt deal with it properly. Nor did the SEC. They basically gave him a slap on the wrist because they dont want to jeopardize their season. It should have been AT LEAST 1 game from the get go. I would have said 2, but 1 would have been alright. At least Spikes did step up and decide to pull himself out of the game. I do commend him for that. I respect that a hell of a lot more than I do anything Meyer or the SEC did.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-06-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Just saw on ESPN... That video that Eric posted of the New Mexico soccer player. She has just been suspended indefinitely
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2009, 2:36 AM Reply   
good. she deserves to be suspended, but she has nothing to do with florida, spikes, tebow, football (american) etc. this is the point eric agrees that what spikes did was wrong and then immediately deflects with another showing of poor sportsmanship to downplay what his precious gators did. we get it, there are a lot of crappy things that happen in sports, but one does not excuse another. stop giving us examples of what other people have done to excuse the actions of your man crush.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2009, 2:39 AM Reply   
also, spikes suspending himself for an entire game is very admirable. i do think it might have been a different story had the opponent been bama not vandy, but admirable still. i respect him for seeing that he was very, very in the wrong.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-07-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Interesting:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
"his is the point eric agrees that what spikes did was wrong and then immediately deflects with another showing of poor sportsmanship to downplay what his precious gators did."

Ya okay, or i found something interesting and posted it. Hense why i posted SIDE NOTE.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-07-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Nice link Gene. The BCS needs to be blown up. 8 team playoff with any undefeated non BCS school getting an automatic bid. Play the first round games the weekend before Christmas, semi finals on new years, championship game on January 8th and they won't extend the season longer than it already is (getting rid of that argument). Have the first round games be the traditional BCS bowl games with traditional matchups whenever possible (i.e. big 10 versus pac 10 in the Rose Bowl if both have a team that qualifies). This way it keeps the bowl tradition alive with the bowl money, and you'd be crazy to think that the bowls would make less money if National Championship implications were on the line for every bowl game. Why doesn't this work out for everyone involved? Bowls still make money (probably even more), BCS still counts, schools have a chance to make more money, and the non BCS teams have a shot.

Right now for this year it would be:

Rose - (8) Oregon versus (4) Iowa (I know they're behind right now)
Sugar - (1) Florida/Bama winner versus (6) TCU
Orange - (5) Cincinatti versus (3) Florida/Bama loser
Fiesta - (2) Texas versus (7) Boise State

Sorry ACC you lose this year but give me a break win some games and a team will deserve to be in. Georgia Tech is your only hope.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-07-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
down goes iowa.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Well, KU just lost to KSU and my college football season is officially over. It is now on to college bball.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Shocker Ian - you don't care and that's why you're a typical KU fan... I feel bad for you - I really do... I feel bad because you aren't a fan win or lose... When they lose you don't care and when they win you're the biggest fan ever. Where's your degree from again???
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
come on, you can't be serious. I am a KU bball fan. When KU bball loses I freak out. Ask my wife, it's borderline pathetic. Never been a KU football fan, just like I'm not a KU baseball or cross country fan either...
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-07-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Go tigers!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-07-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
down goes oregon
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
Is it ironic that Oregon loses in the same week that they reinstate Blount?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-07-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
Too many good teams in the Pac10
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-07-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
^^^^ Pfffttt!!! Bwhaaa ha ha ha ha ha !!! ^^^^
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-08-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Good ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-08-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
Ummmm ..... Yeah. He was clearly out of bounds.
Upload

!@&4@!&%#!@! damn SEC refs!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-08-2009, 11:17 PM Reply   
Gene, dont say that you could get fined . If this is the "Greatest Conferance in Football" like they say they are, they would step up to the plate and bring in the best refs in football.

SEC teams = Awesome

SEC Ref's = Terrible.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-09-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
http://www.zonqsports.com/2009/10/ncaa-football-strength-of-schedule-week_25.html

This explains so much about my Hogs....

Also, check out where TCU is. Pitt has almost an equal schedule to tOSU and only one loss, yet they are behind them?

Take a look at this.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on November 09, 2009)
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-14-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Hook 'em, Horns. All the way this year!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-14-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
TCU DESTROYS Utah.

That really makes me wonder if they could be a contender. Not that they will get to play, that's unlikely, but I think that answered the question of if they could hang with them.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-15-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Damn ... it is quiet around here. I wonder why?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-15-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
I don't understand how FL can be #1 or even #2 as they have almost been beaten by several unranked teams and were legitimately beaten by Arkansas..
I will be shocked if they can compete with Alabama.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-15-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
How can they be legitimately beat if they have not lost a game? That is a retarded statement. The only team that should have come out on top was Arkansas. Who were the other teams they were almost beaten by? Just because the score is not a blowout does not mean they are not a great team. That is what is wrong with NCAA football. Style points? wtf? You get it done or you don't

I am not even a Florida fan but that is just dumb. The real joke is the media bias everywhere.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-15-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
BTW .. who thinks USC should play for the National Championship?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-15-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
OK OK kidding.... who thinks Ohio State or Notre Dame should play for the national championship?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-15-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Getting Older - How did bama beat tennesee, i forget?

Worst statement of the year.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-15-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
I think Florida should play Florida International, Florida A & M, and Slippery Rock for their non-conference games next year. Texas should play Rice, Texas State, and Abilene Christian for their non-conference games next year. In that way we can get a really good sense of how good they are.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-15-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
I will repost my above on Dec 5th. You brainwashed Gator fans are in for a good one.

When refs are suspended due to "game changing" calls, don't you think it was a legitimate loss to Arkansas? Take your passionate fan bias out of it, and think about it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-15-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
It should be an interesting game, that is for sure!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-16-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
What is reposting the above going to prove? One of them is going to lose and be vaulted from the NC stage. How does that prove you are some sort of football savant?

If you actually took the time to read my post you would read that I am not in fact a Gator Fan. I am however a fan of whatever team whips your completely overated California team's ass.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-21-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
GO BEARS!!!

riley
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-22-2009, 4:31 AM Reply   
BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Its been a tough season for my Sooners but I guess I can know they aren't overrated!!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-22-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Did anyone see the Ole Miss LSU finish?

I am speechless.
Dumbest coaching move all year.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-22-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
LSU should have called their last time out quickly after 3rd down. They wasted a lot of time that cost them the game. Now they have an appropriate ranking.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       11-22-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Frickin Cal! Was rooting for Gerhart, too bad Luck had to blow it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-22-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
It is such BS that Florida is ranked #1. They only play 2 ranked teams all year. 1 of those they haven't even played yet. Their OOC schedule was against Charlston Southern, Troy, Florida international and they have a mediocre at best game against FSU. The BCS is ruining football. Teams know that they can get away with BS patsy OOC schedules and still stay ranked high. Also, how is it that Florida and Alabama are playing Florida International and Chattanooga this late in the season.

Well at least that piece of crap Weiss is getting fired.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-22-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
Brett - just who do you suggest be the top 5? Id love to hear this garbage list.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-22-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
I for one would love to see Florida win their conf. championship game and Texas lose theirs. Hopefully that would put TCU v. Florida in the national title game.......where I would love to see TCU own Florida

I would laugh out loud for a week!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-22-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Well, I would at least put Alabama a head of Florida. They have at least played a tougher in conference schedule and played Virginia Tech. Who even knows if Florida is that good. They have only played one good team so far and that went right down to the wire. Other than that I guess your right that there isn't really anyone that deserves to be ahead of them. Texas has played garbage teams as well. I guess I just think that BCS has ruined College football. Not that anyone in the PAC-10 really deserves to be ahead of them right now but PAC-10 teams at least play big time opponents out of conference. Oregon played BSU, Purdue and Utah. Washington played LSU and Notre Dame. USC played tOSU and Notre Dame, Stanford played Wake Forest and Notre Dame. UCLA played Tennessee and Kansas State. Arizona played Iowa. Oregon State played Cincinnati. Point being the Pac10 goes out and schedules big time games against big teams in the best conferences.

Washington just finally bowed down and is following suit to try and help their chances of going to a BCS game(not that they have a shot in the next couple years). They are one of 4 teams that have never dropped below division 1 to play a team. Guess what, the other 3 are USC, UCLA and Notre Dame.

Just be ready fo there to be no such thing as a good out of conference game. This BCS BS is also going to make it harder for teams like TCU and BSU to get to a BCS game because no top level teams will play them.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-22-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
I just hope Boise State and TCU beat up on the likes of Georgia Tech, Iowa, Penn State, etc. in their BCS bowl games this year. That will accelerate the BCS blow up for sure. I hope Cincy beats the Florida Bama loser in the Sugar Bowl too. At least they make an effort to schedule non conference teams with a pulse.