Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (malibu73)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-09-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding for about 2 months. I can now consistanty go wake to wake.

I just got a LF Team to demo tomorrow and my question is what do I need to look for when looking into other boards? Am i ready for another board or should I wait till next season?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
When you start demoing boards you want to try boards with different features. For example, the Team has 6 removeable fins, try it with all different fin configurations. Then the next time you wanna demo try a board with molded fins, then try one with 4 removeable fins etc. You will start to get a feel for what features you like in a board, pay attention to rocker amount and type, types of rails (thin or full), bottom features like concave, channels and phasers(obrien calls 'em chevrons hehe) and ride a bunch of different boards. Thats how you determine which board is best fo you. We can all hop on any board and do our normal ride, sometimes though when you hit the perfect board everything just feels right. Your level doesn't necesitate a new board but hell, new shizz always amps us to ride so if you can afford it and want a new motivator go for it. Plus new stuff smells good.
Old     (malibu73)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-09-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for the detailed anwser, that was exactly what i was looking for, I've noticed that the bottom of the team look alot like my board im riding now (05 LF flite) I guess I'll see how i like the team tomorrow.