Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Like the title says, Working currently to try and put together a slider jam - 2 100' pools with 2-3 obstacles between at a local bar. Just when I feel like I have a handle on everything that needs planned, it feels like something new gets thrown at me I hadn't even considered.

So beyond the obvious construction, insurance, water in and out, party planning along with finding the talent, what should I be thinking about?
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-09-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
You should contact Shon Garten at Off-Axis boardshop in Auburn, CA. He's also here on wakeworld. Off-Axis' # is (530) 823-2253....he holds one every year at his shope and its always a blast and a success. He'll be able to give you all the advice you need
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-09-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Bikini Contest...advertise at hooters!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Steve.....Already on that one......

Keep them coming!

Do I need permits and stuff if I'm doing it on private property?

(Message edited by dirwoody on February 09, 2010)
Old    d_fresh            02-09-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
I used to throw a rail jam beach party with the city and lake front restaurant. We had it sanctioned by USA Waterski. You do not want for the restaurant to be liable. Check out www.wlwake.com
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-09-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
You could hit up these guys they have some sick set-ups

www.stepupproductions.com
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
doug - that was one of my first questions to the bar owner - would their insurance cover something like this. didn't get a set answer, but we were also kicking around having all riders sign a liability waiver

andy - good cal - Thanks! - If I get this thing going, would you be down for a road trip? I'm only about 7 hrs from the twin cities
Old     (colin2857)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-09-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
where would you do it at??? should do it in florida :-)
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       02-09-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
I would suggest more than a liability waiver, depending on who the event is for they are liable, you should really look into one day insurance policy, and that is in the bar owners best interest especially if you want to do this event more than once. You can PM me if you have more questions.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-10-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Someone announcing that can get the crowd hyped up (PA System).. maybe t-shirts or other crap to throw out to people
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Insurance Waivers for anyone who wants to compete. So NOONE is responsible! Bikini contest. Emcee's hypin the crowd. Good Music. And see if you can get your local boardshop to pitch out some swag to do crazy contests for. Or sell off raffle tickets for it to help pay for the event!