Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    trigx5            01-30-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 Rinker 232 which I am planning to put a tower on and maybe perfect pass. Needed a family friendly boat but love to wakeboard. Post some pics of any tricked out I/O's....love to see them. Maybe get an idea or two.
Old    leggester            01-31-2003, 6:02 AM Reply   
There was a thread about towers vs. pylons that had a few pics of I/Os. Just last week, IIRC.
Old    bobbymucic            01-31-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   

4.3L merc with perfect pass
bimini
joystick roll cage
slef-actuating trim tabs (smart tabs), that can be disabled. Makes for a great ride when not boarding, but washes out the wake.

all self-installed

It has been a great boat, but I really can't wait to buy a 21 ft V-drive.
Old    dpierce37            01-31-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
if ya dont mind a digitally enhanced picture of my Crownline 180br with a prOzone tower

here ya go:
tower
Old    dpierce37            01-31-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
same pic diff. Tower

tower2
Old    leggester            01-31-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
two words.

asdf sdf
Old    danp            01-31-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
check me if im wrong here derek but i'm pretty sure you have the red tower on backwards
Old    dpierce37            01-31-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Hey Daniel, it really isnt. Its a new tower. here is the original pic

Pics
Old    danp            01-31-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Yeah I knew it was digitally done

Just looked a little funny as does this one on the Tige! Never seen a tower put on like that
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-31-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
Heres a couple

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-01-2003, 6:07 AM Reply   
Hey Derek,
I thought that Illusion tower was Malibu's, I just got back from the Nor Cal Boat Show and didn't see one Tige with one. It's hard to tell if that pic is enhanced as well
Old    danno            02-01-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
Nice work Derek. Now enhance my boat with the Budweiser girls. uh- I mean.. just kidding dear, put down that frying pan and move away from the kitchen knives. That's it, nice and easy.

Later. (I hope)
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
Not exactly "tricked out" but here's a pick from right after I put the tower on my I/O. It's a skyjac mini tower ("mini" even though it stands about 7.5 ft. from the deck) that I picked up new on Ebay for around $700. It doesn't look as cool as a "real" tower but it works great and collapses with two knobs. Now I just need some board racks and speakers.

Have any of you installed a "foil" on your outdrive? I've seen an old 18 foot I/O put out a pretty massive wake with just "a wing" as the owner called it and no ballast. He just trimmed it up and I guess the "wing" acted like Malibu's wedge, pulling the stern down. I'm thinking about trying it. Those things only cost about $50 or so.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
usually they do just the opposite, make the wake smaller, put one on upside down and let me know how it works, ive got a set from my last boat that i took off because of that
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
is it me or am i seeing your boat sitting on those bunks without carpeting????ouch
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-03-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Here is my I/O...

18' Baja with a Bare West Mini Tower Deluxe and lightbar. No speakers as I have straight pipes on the exhaust. Wouldn't be able to hear a damn thing, but the boat sounds SWEET...

Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
Bob,

Yeah, I think the foil on the outdrive produces lift to help the boat get on plane faster but I guess when you trim it up at wakeboarding speed, it decreases the angle of attack enough where it becomes more like a submarine dive plane, pulling the stern down.

As far as the bunks, I have never noticed a problem but I'm definitely going to ask them about that. They just set it straight down on there with the fork lift so it doesn't slide around or anything. Maybe it matters more on trailers where the boat actually slides on and off. It's the same as when they put it in the racks anyway and I don't think I've seen any dry-stacking places that put carpet in all the racks.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-03-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
blah blah
Old    tcgragg            02-03-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
i have a 1994 crownline with a custom built tower from a fab shop, it also has a four plus sub stereo and 5 channel amp, the boat is in great shape and FOR SALE please e-mail me if you are interested a stael at 13,500 low retails and 13,620 with out the sub, amp, and tower boardracks
tcgrtagg@attbi.com}}
Old    tcgragg            02-03-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
i have a 1994 crownline with a custom built tower from a fab shop, it also has a four plus sub stereo and 5 channel amp, the boat is in great shape and FOR SALE please e-mail me if you are interested a stael at 13,500 low retails and 13,620 with out the sub, amp, and tower boardracks
tcgrtagg@attbi.com}}}}}}