Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Getting ready to order my new boat. I'm leaning toward the GG, but am still undecided. What do you all think? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-04-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Wow ! Two very differnt boat, not only in size but in cost. Have you test driven each ? I tested a 21v and didnt like the handling, it felt really heavy and bulky. I havent been in the GG so cant comment on that. I you board with a large group of people on a consistent basis then go with the GG. Both throw hugh wakes.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
yeah it comes down to do you need a 24 foot boat or a 21 foot boat?

ive never been in either so i can't say much but i do like how high the 21v sits, the 24 sits pretty low which means it's easier to take rollers over the front :-(
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Heres a bit more info. When I ride personally, its usually just me and a buddy. However, I also own a wakeboard school so the extra space of the GG would come in very handy. Both boats have more storage than my current boat, which is the 22SSV. I really like the fact the GG comes with every option available. I would be totally happy with either.

The other thing is that I would get the 21V next month, but wouldn't get the GG until July.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
i would go with the 21v then since you can get it now :-)

i'm all about wanting stuff now! :-)
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
BBR - The GG is a killer deal. Its typical that a special edition would cost 2K more just for the name but the GG is exactly opposite. If you try to equip a regular 24SSV like a GG it will cost alot more. I dissagree with entrustclothing about sitting low, It just appears low but the boat is hudge. Briscoe spent a week with us last year in his GG. I drove most of the day on my lake in his boat and it is deeper than my 21V - the looks however are decieving. Both boats are very dry.

The GG has the biggest&strongest wake, and best ride over the 21V. If the GG fits get it. Im running the 21V this year because of 2 reasons. The 21V drives much better in a gravel pit lake where we ride with super tight turn arounds, the length and weight on the 21V pretty much maxes out my Truck/5thWheel/Boat wakeboard train when we go to real lakes. Bottom line go with your gut on this one. You wont be dissapointed with either one. My Dad lives near Ontario so Ill have to come ride with ya some day. stay in touch

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Chris, I'll take you up on the offer to ride when your out here. Your right about the GG not being a low-rider. Its very deceiving, I got in one of the lockers at the L.A. Boat Show, and layed down in it. There was a lot of room.

I was planning on keeping my next boat for several years. However, I could always get the 21V and decide next year if I want to get the GG or keep it for a while.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2006, 6:09 AM Reply   
You can't go wrong with either. The 21V has a good amount of room for passengers and immense storage. Probably the biggest in the 21' class.

I had a 21V and will have another shortly. I really like the wake. The 24 is an awesome wake too and looks/drives amazing for it's size.

I say pickup the 21V now and if you find you need more space or want a change, get the 24SSV GG next season.

Best of luck!
Old    discolafinger            04-05-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
BBR they are both great boats, I am really new to the sport and my first year to have this kind of boat, but have spent some time in a 21V, that what turned me on about SUPRA'S. I have a new 06 24GG I love the, room, the power, option's the top for surf boards, tunes, it's a great boat!!but so is the 21v. PS heres a pic of Digg's new 2v allso. Upload

Upload
Upload
Old    discolafinger            04-05-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (schackdaddy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-05-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Disco, your boat is probobly one of the sharpest I have ever seen. I almost got the exact one, at least colors, not sure about options but it was the GG model, at the Greenville boat show but I had just got a boat a few months prior and I couldn't trade her in just yet. I guess you like yours from the sounds of things?
Old    discolafinger            04-05-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
YES I DO, best boat I have ever had, last year it was a 05 21ft blue water, black 5.7, nice boat but not the same!! then I might Tyler Diggs, and I had too have a SUPRA.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Yeah disco, your boat is sick! I think that I might just go with the 21V. It has a lot more room than mine now. Next year if I find that I need even more room, then I'll have to get the GG. Now I just need to decide on colors!!

Anyone want to buy my 22SSV??
Old    discolafinger            04-05-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
My boat willbe for SALE in Sept. or Oct.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-05-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
go test drive both and then decide...its the best way...
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-05-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Go with the 21 V. I have a 2004 G.G. edition and i like the room,storage and space available in the 21 V. I have ridden behind all 3, wake is awsome on the 21 V, but we load it up.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
Damn
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
THAT's what I'm talking about!

Tri Axle?
Black hull?
possible new color? What is that, Reuben? Wine?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
That is BAD A$$!! Lots of upkeep though.

Chris H- I roll with about 3000lbs in my SSV now, and will be doing the same in the 21V, or the GG. Bigger the wake the better.