Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
I have the new MC board racks and have liked them until today. We went out today in the x2 and of course it was very crowded which resulted in some rough waters. I took it as easy as I could driving the boat. After we loaded up the boat, I went to take down the boards I realized one arm on my board rack was bent. Actually it was the rods that are inside the clamp. I had never really looked at it before and now that I see it I can see where this would be a weak link. The clamp itself is very sturdy but when you pull the upper part up to put in a board, all that is supporting it are 3 very small rods. I feel like this is a serious design flaw.
I hope my dealer will fix it under warranty. If not I will take them off and buy regular racks.
If it comes to this, can anyone recommend racks that look nice and will fit my x2.
Thanks
Old    wakelvr            06-08-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
Hi Mike: This EXACT same thing happened to us. I posted about it and a fellow wakeworlder emailed me with the manufacturer's name and number of the boardrack. We called them directly and they told us they would fix it. They were actually wonderful about it.

But now I am convinced that these boardracks have a flaw in their design. I've seen several complaints on here about this exact issue. We spoke to Ski World about it. While they were more than willing to help us out, we decided to call the manufacturer directly because we want them to understand that we think it's a flaw and not a user error. I think if people keep coming forward, they'll understand that this is all too common.

We were told though that if you leave your boardrack arm open after you take out a board... when you turn around to pick up your rider when down, the rope can get caught on the boardrack causing this "rod" to bend. I don't think this is what happened with ours, but even if it was... that's seems a little weak to me.....

Here is the manufacturer name and number... They are actually very pleasant to work with. Best of luck!

Gere Marie Corp.
847-540-1154
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Stefani- The rope didn't get caught in the arm. We were just riding down the lake in some chop.Your right though even if the rope did get caught that is VERY weak.
Thanks so much for the info.