Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Just wanted to say what a fun event weekend put on by the NorCal group. Looking forward to the next one and can't wait to see some of the Idol pics.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
I had a lot of fun, love the 4 passes and 2 passes the next day, the new scoring system is also very cool. I appreciate the Twelkers keeping the NorCal WWA alive.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Outstanding weekend, thank you NorCal WWA. The Twelker family pulled out all the stops for this one, from the contest format, free dinner & the live entertainment Saturday night, so much fun. Want to give a shout out to all the hard working people who helped make this event what it was, Peter and Patty, Chuck (bad back and all) & Linda, Vince & Julie, Jim & Lori, Allen & Terry, Eric & shastlake.com, Napa John rocking the mic., Thomas Worth on the winch for 2 days, and all the people I didn't list, you know who you are. Thanks. If you missed this event make plans to come out and support this local grassroots event in September. You won't find a better one anywhere. I will post some pic's later, and Jim some of the NorCal "Idol" contest for sure. The Red team got robbed
Old     (berryessa_mom)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-28-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
What a FUN weekend had by all!!!! I especially enjoyed the water melon feeding frenzy. I guess I must have been having a ton of fun 'cuz I have still have no voice!! Spectacular riding provided by the competitors and tons of fun provided by the coordinators. Well planned!!
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
Yes yes very fun!! Thanks to all who helped out and super stoked there keeping WWA alive.

Can't wait for the next event.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-28-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
Thanks to all who helped! And thanks to all who came out to ride!
Chuck and Linda, Vince and Julie, Jim and Lori, Alan and Terri, Eric Cassano, and everyone else who helped- It wouldn't have come off without you all. We love you guys! Thanks also to all of the sponsors.

Complete results and Photos (some pretty hilarious ones) will be posted on the website by Friday.

Here are the podium finishes:

Saturday 4 pass freeride:
Mini Outlaw:
1) Taylor Andrews
2) Steven Hallsworth
3) Nico Mata

Jr. Novice
1) Sofia Dinatale
2) Steven Hallsworth

Novice:
1) Vandael Victory Jr.
2) Gianna Dinatale
3) Matt Forrest

Intermediate:
1) Nataly Conner
2) Sebastian Mata
3) Trevor Hawkins

Masters:
1) Vince Dinatale
2) Gary Haavisto
3) Terri Hutchek

Advanced:
1) Blake Payton
2) Colin Wirth
3) Tyler Hild

Expert:
1) Chad Payton
2) Shawna Hoffman
3) Jeremy Twelker

Open:
1) Josh Twelker
2) Dan Bright
3) Danny Weisenberg

Sunday 2 pass Wake only:
Mini outlaw:
1) Steven Hallsworth
2) Nico Mata
3) Hayden Wirth

Jr. Novice:
1) Sofia Dinatale
2) Steven Hallsworth

Novice:
1) Gianna Dinatale
2) Vandael Victory Jr.
3) Matt Forrest

Intermediate:
1) Ejay Hutchek
2) Nataly Conner
3) Trevor Hawkins

Masters:
1) Vince Dinatale
2) Gary Haavisto
3) Terri Hutchek

Advanced:
1) Blake Payton
2) Trent Kelly
3) Nate Long

Expert:
1) Jeremy Twelker
2) Danni Petraitis
3) Chad Payton

Open:
1) Alex Scagliotti
2) Dan Bright
3) Josh Twelker

Weekend overall winners:
Mini Outlaw- Steven Hallsworth
Jr. Novice- Sofia Dinatale
Novice- tie Vandael, Gianna- Tiebreaker goes to Vandael
Intermediate- Nataly Conner
Masters- Vince Dinatale
Advanced- Blake Payton
Expert- Tie- Chad, Jeremy- Tiebreaker goes to Chad
Open- Josh Twelker
Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-29-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Thank you Peter and Patty Twelker and the rest of the crew for putting on this extremely fun comp! You all work so hard so everyone can have fun. We really appreciate it!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-29-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
There has been a change in scoring (addition errors) which has affected the results in the open division. We were auditing the score sheets, because we were concerned that our criteria were not rewarding some slides enough. In auditing the Open division, it was noted that Dan Bright scored higher on a slide than he was given credit for. The boat crew had written down a 50, and then the 50 was changed to a 60 in the boat. The scores were tallied independently by two different people and each of the two saw the 60 as a 50 (see attached scoresheet- first slide on pass 3.) This gives Dan 10 more points, putting him in a dead tie with Josh. In checking for any more errors to see if it truly was a tie, it was also noted that Dan should have been given 59 points for his TS Melan off 5 (3rd trick 3rd Pass -50 points for the 540, 4 points for off axis and 5 points for the grab) This gives Dan a total of 1001 points to Josh's 1000, Giving Dan the win on Saturday and the overall win for the weekend. Payouts have been adjusted, and our apologies go out to Dan and Josh. In the interest of full disclosure, here are the scoresheets:

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by deltawake on July 29, 2008)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-29-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
Nice job Peter for double checking and making the correct adjustments, both rode well and the scores reflects it.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-30-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
Peter, one of these days, we HAVE to get up to one of your contests. There is so much work involved in throwing contests and just one of the factors.....judging...is HUGE! Especially the open division. I applaude how you handled this mishap. Sometimes mistakes are made, and that is normal, it is how the mistake is handled thats important.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-30-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
Robyn- We'd love to have you guys at our September tournament. it's the 26th -28th. The party Saturday night will be an 80's theme. We don't have the details all worked out yet, but I think it's going to be at least as fun as this past tournament. We hope to see everyone there!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Peter,

You are always a stand up guy, just another case to prove it.

Robyn, you always have an open invitation to ride with us at Villa Lagos or the Delta, Alex does. Between the Twleker's and the Payton's we have plenty of room. I hope to see you at the September event.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Looks like you all had a killer time. I will for sure make the next one.

Peter, much respect goes to you for going over and beyond to make the score correct.