Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    udlax2181            09-14-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'm planning on moving to Colorado this winter. When next summer rolls around, where are some good places to go and ride?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
All depends on what part of colorado you are moving too. Every area has it's own public and private riding spots.
Old    leggester            09-15-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
I believe Andy is the only person to ride in Colorado! hehehehe.

True what he says. Remember, Colorado is classed as a desert ( semi arid at 7" of precip per year ).

Not a whole lot of lakes, no rivers, but we get some riding in.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
I go almost every weekend, You can ride at Pueblo Res. but its pretty packed on weekends, John Martin Res. in S/E Colorado is bigger and warmer than Pueblo, and there are smaller res.'s all around the state. Let me know if you need more info. And winter is just as good, the best snowboardin' around...
Old    udlax2181            09-16-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
Mark, i'll probably move to the Colorado Springs area. Are any of the places that you mentioned around there?
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
I live in Colo Springs, they are not too far away. Publo is about 45min drive when you are towing... Do you have a boat? If not alot of times my buddy and I are lookin for a third...that is if dont mind Coors light
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-16-2003, 1:19 PM Reply   
If it is the mountains you are interested in (snowboarding and winter resort and area activity) Then the Denver area is going to get you much closer to them. There are mountains in the springs, but not the ski areas. Your watersport activities are also much more likely in the Denver area. Pueblo res is not a bad spot, just can get a little hectic on the weekends and a 45 min drive can also get you down. But not everyone can live 8 blocks from their lake like Me I am not a big fan of Co Springs myself. No bashing needed, just too religious of a town and a HUGE pain in the butt to get around town. The people are friendly, and the scenery is very nice. There are just too many religious zelots that inhabit the area.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
Sure we have a lot of bible thumpers but you failed to mention CC home of the Rich Liberal thinking minds that think drinking bong water is a sport if you are living off your parents $$ Denver is fun but the traffic is icky
Old    swass            09-16-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
Wellllll....of course they drink their bong water when they see you comin'! It hides the alcohol on their breath.
Old    leggester            09-16-2003, 2:13 PM Reply   
"Traffic is icky"? I don't believe I just heard a cop say that! :-)

Where's the machismo!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
We are a kinder, gentler police force. The days of coffee, donuts and beating people up are out. We drink only Starbucks, the fat free muffin has replaced the donut and people only get thumped when they run...
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2003, 10:15 PM Reply   
Pueblo is cool but it is really rough. You need to head south west out in the cow flat there is always good camping and glassy water. I know some boys that will take care of you.
later

ee