Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
Last Monday while we were out wakesurfing there was a flurry of emergency vehicles zooming around Griggs reservoir. One of the police helicopters kept flying around over the reservoir. One of the guys on my crew asked to borrow my hat – so the police wouldn’t recognize him (a joke). When we started teaching a nice looking young woman how to wakesurf the helicopter was all over us, I just figured the police were taking in the show.

When we got back to the boat club one of my friends told me that a of the park officer came by and was asking about the boats that were on the lake, he specifically asked about my boat. Well the reason why there was all the emergency equipment activity and the park officer interest was that a passer by in a car called 911 to report that a boat on the reservoir was sinking and that all the people on board were clinging to the side of the boat.

I was a little amused that apparently the emergency equipment was out there to probably help me in a time of need (we were fine just wakesurfing). My surf setup makes my boat list pretty hard and it must look pretty serious. From time to time when we have the aft lockers open while filling ballast a boat will pull up and ask if we’re OK and if we need help. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
hahahaha wow.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-18-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Thats crazy.
Old    surfdad            07-19-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
That is wild Ed. The worst that we have ever had was folks ZOOMING over to tell us that our boat was "leaning". :-) We always thanked them, and said yes, we know...but we also discussed the NEXT time that some one did that we would all react by saying: It's LEANING?! Then running, screaming and jumping off the boat. :-)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Hahahah Jeff
Old    xtreme            07-19-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Every time we pull up to a dock, someone comes up and says, your boat is sinking, or is your plug in.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
I was coming into the dock one day to pick someone up. I had a dude in a cowboy hat, on a bass boat, tell me my boat was "all caddywhompus" (sp) and asked me if I forgot my plug or something. I told him "no, just have my fat friend sitting on that side of the boat". You should have seen the look in my friend's eyes. Goober just kept on cruising.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2006, 11:58 PM Reply   
caddywompus... i love getting caddywompus on the starboard side..