Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    xtremesportz            02-28-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
LSF’04 Press Release– February 28, 2004
Location of LSF ’04 will be held at Moon Lake Recreation Area in Monroe; the dates are May 13-16. We have to move LSF back to Moon Lake because of some scheduling problems with the city of West Monroe; many of you have attended LSF in the past at Moon Lake. We look forward to a great LSF ’04 and hope to see everyone there.
Crue Wakeboard Clothing Signs on as co title sponsor of LSF 04 I want to thank them for the support of such a great event

Pro Riders Attending LSF
Shaun Murray, Gerry Nunn, Andrew Atkinson, Liquid Force Trip Across America and many more.

Shaun Murray and Gerry Nunn will be doing on the water Clinics Thursday May 13th, Friday May 14th and Saturday morning May 15th. Anyone interested in Shaun and Gerry’s clinics please let me know, availability will be limited to 5 people per session. You can contact me either at my office (318) 340-9024 or email lawakeboard@yahoo.com.
Hotels
The host hotel for LSF ’04 will be the Holiday Inn Holidome, many of you will remember the Holidome from years past. You can call 318-387-5100 or 1-800-Holiday. The rates will be $65.00 + Tax per night and the block of rooms will be held up until two weeks prior to LSF ’04.

Ladies Only and Kids Only Boats

The ladies only boat will be operating during all of LSF. Tiffany Landry will be hosting the ladies only boats for Wakechics. All the ladies please check it out.

New for this year is the kid’s only boats sponsored by Correct Craft. The kid’s only boats will be for kids between the ages of 5-14. I am looking for parents to help out with the kids only boats for drivers, we will have nationally ranked junior riders Kyle Deubner, Robert Southworth and more to help out with the kids that want to learn more about the sport of wakeboarding.
LSF ’04 Shirts
As is the tradition there will be LSF ‘04 T-shirts for sale on site, check out the new design at http://www.xtremesportz.net/lsf.htm they are going to be sweet. There will only be around 350 short sleeves. Be sure to visit the registration area to pick up your LSF ‘04 shirt they will cost $10.00.
Current Sponsors for LSF ‘04
The Louisiana Wakeboard Association will again host LSF ‘04 and we are currently looking for sponsors. If anyone is interested in sponsoring LSF’03 and the LA Wakeboard Association please contact me at lawakeboard@yahoo.com or you can reach me by phone at (318) 237-6006.
Anytime you run into one of the following sponsors be sure to thank them for sponsoring LSF ‘04, without them it would not be possible to have such a great event.
Crue Wakeboard Clothing
Nautiques
Southworth Xtreme Sportz, Inc.
Southern Plains Festival

Planned Activities
Tentative Schedule – more information to come

For Thursday-Saturday there will also be a skateboard area for skaters and a disc golf course to play on. On Saturday morning there will possibly be a BMX race at the track located at Lazarre Point, and for anyone that plays disc golf there will be a disc golf tournament Sunday morning.

Wednesday May 13th
For any of you that plan on coming in early, there will be a lot of free riding and hanging out at Moon Lake Recreational Area, feel free to stop by.
Shaun Murray and Gerry Nunn Clinics
Shaun Murray and Gerry Nunn will be doing clinics availability is limited so please let me know if you are interested. There will be a morning clinic and a afternoon clinic on both Thursday and Friday; Saturday they will be have a morning clinic as well.
Thursday May 14th 12:00 til Dusk
Demo Days and Free Ride. Kids only boats will be running this day.
Friday May 15th 10:00am til dusk
Demo Days and Free Ride. Kids only boats will be running this day.
Saturday May 16th Wake-up til 11:00pm
The for sure don’t want to miss day for the year, lots of riding, hanging around the vendors tents with everyone at Moon Lake Recreational Area, Tiffany will again be doing the Ladies only boat for the third year. And that’s not it ……..at 1:00 pm the competition begins with plenty of bones up for grabs. And still more to come, after the competition, the annual drawings will begin, with a DJ on site from 7:00 pm till 11:00 pm.
12:30 pm Registration for Competition
1:00 pm Competition Begins
6:00 pm -11:00 pm DJ
7:00 pm Annual Raffle Drawing

Sunday May 17th - Ride, pack and go home day………..

Camping and RV’s
There will be camping and RV space available on site at Moon Lake starting on Thursday May 13th going through Sunday May 16th. There will not be any cost this year for camping or RV parking. There are bathrooms on site but no showers or RV hookups.
Directions to the sight are as follows: Off of I-20 coming from Texas, take exit 118 and go North on 165 for about 5 miles, you will see North Monroe Hospital on the right, at the next traffic light take a left, this is Horseshoe Lake Rd. follow Horseshoe Lake Rd 1 mile to the signs pointing across the levee.
Off of I-20 coming from the Mississippi, take exit 118 and go North on 165 for about 5 miles, you will see North Monroe Hospital on the right, at the next traffic light take a left, this is Horseshoe Lake Rd. follow Horseshoe Lake Rd 1 mile to the signs pointing across the levee.
Once on site, there is a boat ramp to launch at. All the activities and camping will be on site.
Competition Format 100% payback plus extra bones up for grabs
The competition format has been set; competitors will leave the dock and get two Double Up’s. All competitors will get 2 chances at the double up. Prize money of at least $2,000.00 is up for grabs; prizes will be given to everyone that enters the competition. Entry fees for the competition will be $50.00 per competitor with a limit of 30 competitors, so if you want to enter the competition you can pre-register by sending check or money order to: LSF’04 Competition, 141 Horseshoe Lake Rd., Monroe, LA 71203.
When LSF ‘04 is over, I hope to see everyone back for LSF ’05…………….
Old    blind5            02-29-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
thanks for the post, i'll deffinntly be there