Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
I saw this on the News a few days ago and I’m surprised than I didnt see anyone talking about it.

Here is a summary of the story: “Roaches” have found a new way of sucking the blood out of UN suspecting people, this time it’s your kid’s. Ya see the criminals have figured out that they and either steel or guess your kids social security number. The first few numbers in your social security number are to do with the state you were born in and the rest of the numbers are to do with your birth date. So criminals can make up a number before your kid is even born. They can take this number and open up credit lines.

The story that I saw was a New crew, it might have been Dateline. They were tracking down these Roaches and confronting them with their cameras. The few that I saw were Latin looking guys that spoke very poor English. (But don’t jump to any conclusions that these guys could be illegal because then you’re a racist) So back to the story. The news crew were shaming these guys with questions like “Why did you get a home lone with the SSN of a 5 year old girl who you don’t even know” It was kind of like the “To catch a predator show”

So the story went on to explain how the banks don’t like to pay a fee that does a back ground check and makes sure the SSN matches with the ID of the person claiming this is His or her SSN. And there is NO law that makes lending intuitions do this SSN # Check.

Wait!!! Let me get this straight. The banks don’t want to pay to insure that the person getting a loan or credit is using the correct SSN# . And because they are not Made to do it they don’t do it??? YES THAT’S IT!

The thing that upset me with this story was the fact that the News crew was not after the REAL CRIMAINALS! Yea they jacked up "Jose" in the parking lot but how come they didn’t go down and confront the people Allowing this to go on? THE GOVERNMENT
The credit card companies, The Banks,

My point is this. ANTS are always going to find the sugar if you leave it out! Getting mad or confronting the ANTS because they are getting your crumbs is a waste of time. Clean up the system so the ANTS get NOTHING. Watch how fast they go away. You have a hole in your boat fix the hole before you start tossing buckets.

Here is a Link to the story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_667321.html
P.S they were advising Parent to run a credit check on your kids to make sure no one has gotten a-hold of their SSN