Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (msutton)      Join Date: May 2001       07-07-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
Maybe I am not used to the way they do business in a rural area such as this, but I am absolutely furious about the way this place does business. First of all they don't take credit or debit cards other than their own store brand, which is only an inconvenience since I rely heavily on my debit card and seldom cary cash. But the problem was I went in there for a battery for my '84 Nautique. I told the guy I had little clearance in my battery compartment and he insisted that he was selling me the right battery. I decided to try it and it didn't fit. I turned around and took it back (another hour round trip from my house) and he wouldn't refund my money. Only store credit. So he assured me I had the right battery and then he wants me to make at least one more drive while he tries to figure out what I need. I tried to make a scene infront of his customers, but he didn't care at all. I told him all I wanted was a refund and I would never speak of it again, or he could hold his position and I would tell everyone I met not to shop there. His only response was, "Tell them I offered you a credit and you didn't want it." I can't believe this crap and he is the owner of the place.

Well anyway, I am trying to decide if I want to file a civil suit on principle or just spend all my spare time out there picketing. I am so sick of being abused by retailers. I wouldn't be so bitter if he hadn't insisted that it was the right battery. And worst of all, I have no power for the lake tomorrow. Cest la vie.

At any rate, don't shop there unless you like arrogant and negligent sales staff and ownership.

Mike
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-07-2003, 5:42 PM Reply   
get a battery at walmart or your neighborhood auto parts store. no need to drive an hour to get a battery.

sorry about your luck with that dealership.
Old    bigd            07-07-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
No Shiz! Why drive an hour for a battery? I get mine at costco or as timmy says - walmart. I hope you didn't pay more than about 45 bucks cause that's what a 700 amp is going for at costco yesterday.
Old     (msutton)      Join Date: May 2001       07-07-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
Same problem with Walmart. I was using a Walmart auto battery and was trying to go to the marine battery. All the marine batteries are too tall for the battery compartment, which is why, in desperation, I went to this place. The battery cover rests on the top the battery I have and it is an inch shorter than any marine battery I have been able to find.

Anyone with a similar boat ('84 Nautique 2001) have a lead on a battery that will fit in the small compartment? Otherwise I guess I will stick with the auto battery.
Old     (msutton)      Join Date: May 2001       07-07-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
And from my house it is a 20 minute drive to the next closest anything. Maybe if I could plan ahead a little better it wouldn't be as much an issue.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-07-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
would it be worthwhile relocating the battery to use whatever battery you want?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-07-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
Why are you going with a marine battery? They are usually just a deep-cycle battery and they are great for trolling motors or running the stereo all day. But if it's just your primary battery for starting the boat then you don't need a deep-cycle.

Old     (msutton)      Join Date: May 2001       07-08-2003, 4:54 AM Reply   
It wasn't even a deep-cycle battery. There were starting batteries and deep-cycle batteries and he told me I just needed a starting battery. Is that the same as an auto battery? The problem I was having was with running the stereo and then not having enough juice to start the boat.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-08-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Don't picket;you'll waste a lot of boarding time! By the end of the season, you'll have a battery that works, lots of stories to tell and he'll be in the back of your mind as a waste of sperm, of which there are many. Problem solved.
Old     (msutton)      Join Date: May 2001       07-08-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
Right on, Ray. See you on the water.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-08-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Costco - Kirkland batteries have worked good for me. You probably either have a Group 24 (smaller) or a Group 27 (larger) size battery. under $50.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-08-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
Mike,start your own topic about what size battery for your naughti.Somebody on here will have the correct answer.
Boat shops and pro shops in my area suck as well,so don't feel your the only one.