Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-03-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
NOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Last night my wife and I were having some drinks on out deck, I had no idea what time it was but was sure it was a least 10-10:30pm, I step inside to pour another round and to my amazment I realize its only 8:40pm. Then, I was driving into work today and it really started to hit me hard, its fall in MN! The Leaves are changing on the trees in MN, the sun is setting around 7:30pm, water temp is dropping form 76 to 66, the average air temp it doesnt get much above 70 during the day and low 50's and 40's at night.

ITS OVER!

In Minnesota we will have about 1 month of good riding left with heater tops and wetsuits, and 1 month of stupid cold Drysuit and gloves riding, then it will be to much to bear, winter will be here.

Talk about depression, I still have tricks to learn, still haven't stuck a w2w switch heel 7, or a BS w2w 7, I got work to do! I finally feel super dialed in, and its over. DAMNIT! The worst part is my crew is starting to get a bit burned out, not wanting to ride as much, complaining that it's to cold or whatever.......

thank god for cheap tickets to FL!

Sorry I just need to vent for a minute!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-03-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
Andy, 107 in Az today cooling off tonight to 88, hope fall gets here fast, we are looking forward to a high of 85 and a low 0f 70....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
I heard ya. School starts in 1 week, thats how I know its all over....

Least it sounds like you've been riding, I've had two times this summer that I haven't been riding in over 3 weeks... its been awful, I've gotten worse if anything this year.... I'm with you, THANK GOD for Florida.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Seems like its coming on quick this year. Its usually 90-100 this time of year here, and its been 75.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-03-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
We rode from 5:15 til 8:15 last night Andy. We got 2 sets each for a crew of 4. It sucked that it got dark early - but we'll make due man..

If your crew is getting weak - give a call if you need a third or a pull. I'll come ride along anytime and never bitch. A night on the water is better than a night doing anything else even if I don't get wet.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Same here in Colorado. I still don't feel like our summer ever really started here and now it's getting down to 50 at night, the leaves are turning and the sun is setting at 7:30ish like you said. We had a cold May and half of June too and then it has a rained a lot this year. AAAAAHHHH!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
Even with the struggles and long drives to find good water, your post reminds me, Andy, why I moved from Wisconsin so many years ago.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-03-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Move south!
Old     (l_b)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
Where the hell is global warming when you need it!!!
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-03-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
I feel it too. I start getting anxious about not missing any opportunity to ride in September because that's pretty much it for us. Yesterday, though, was magical. Went out after work from 5 til sunset. Air 95, wind 2, boats few and far between, water 74, crew ready to ride. First time in weeks I've had decent conditions and these were perrrfect! I was so stoked driving home I couldn't shut up.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-03-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
the seasons just ab to start here in Northern CA...come out here Nintzel, after this weekend all the boats will be gone!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Jr you read my mind. Sept-Dec best months of the year.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-03-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I hear ya andy. This week there has been an ever so slight chill in the air in the mornings, and I even though I needed to put a hoodie in my backpack.

Its still warm, and I can still ride well into november, but the fun of summer is coming to an end :-(

I f'ing hate winter.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-03-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
Hahahahahahah..

The guys from Texas and NorCal are trying to sympathize with us!

This is excellence!!!!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Andy - If ya make it to Tampa I will be glad to take you out. We ride year round. Coldest the water got last year was 68.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
at least you can ride, i blew out my acl at the beginning of july and was stuck watching everyone else have fun all summer
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-03-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Andy - learn to snowkite brother, nuff said
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-03-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Sorry boss, it's been great in CA lately. Record highs this week and last (it's 94 right now, ugghhh)! The lake was empty all weekend (of people & water).

Fall, the best time to ride in CA!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
.....great from spring to fall....I ever never felt so ripped off in my life!!! The stoke was almost squeezed out of this (i dont know what to call it).
Here is hoping for a last great month...official close here is oct. 10
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       09-03-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Yep.. The AZ riding season is from April to November.. Sorry to hear about the weather.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-03-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Ryan, the best riding in AZ is Oct thru April all you need is a top suit.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Yup. Dark by 8:20pm. Height of summer it doesn't get dark until just before 10pm. This is the time of year it starts dropping off fast. Usually what kills our season is daylight which then restricts us to only weekends then we start getting the rainy weather and after a couple weekends the sun just doesn't make it back and we're done. I have made it to the third week of Oct. but it starts getting slim for good days.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Dude, I just planned my snowboard trip....

This weekend is supposed to be nice though!
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       09-03-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
Gordie, I agree... that is the time when all the fishermen are there and its too cold for the tubers! I just checked the water temps at Pleasant... 82*. In the height of our winter if you call it that the water temps are in the low 50's.

(Message edited by vtecths on September 03, 2009)
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
Here in california I don't even ride in the summer. The lake (tulloch) is way too crowded in the summer. We are taking a week and half off starting next wed. And that is when I will start riding. I always tease my wife saying I can't wait until winter so we can wakeboard.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       09-03-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Wakeeater...Mike, what do you wear in the winter here? I havn't tried it yet but I'd rather do that then pay to have the boat winterized. What am I in for?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
O neil boostdry suit and you are good to go. Super thin so you can layer your clothing underneath. Also light so you can still do all your tricks. Like I said I ride way more in the fall and winter then the summer.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-03-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
Yeah the season is changing fast here in Colorado. It is all good though I like snowboarding just as much as wakeboarding.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear it. The water never gets below 60 here. You're welcome to come down and ride as long as you stay in the front of the lake where you're not going to bother anyone else with your wakeboarding
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-03-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yes, it really cools down in the winter where we ride!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USAZ0275
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-03-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Shoot!!!! Were just now coming into our best time of year to ride. Everybody is back at school now and lakes are wide open.
Air has still been high 90's here and water prob high to low 90's!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-03-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
not saying its not the best time to ride. it certainly is. But Summer is about more than just riding, its about living.

winter can f me in the b. without lube.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
winter is the best, nothing but glass. summer is where the 2 foot swells are
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
Down here is Cali, the good season is just starting. Another month and no more power turning barneys. We will actually be able to ride Vics after noon on a Sat....
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-03-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
BUDDDY try living in canada!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-04-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
Minnesota is practiacally canada, when I live in cali people would always ask if I was from Canada...

Life gets even better for me, last night in a drunkin haze I destroyed my big toe, black and blue and pretty damn sure I broke it....that will end my season! DAMMMMMMMMMIT!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-04-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
This morning I walked outside and found moisture on my windshield for the first time in months. It's coming, but I love winter just as much as summer. It's all good.

Sorry to hear about the injury from your drunken stunts!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-04-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

Dude it was SO DUMB of me, I did a backflip off my deck on to the ground (only like 4 feet up) and just slammed the toes on my left foot into the ground with all my weight on them. Just retarded. I am do pissed at myself. What a dumd, dumb, dumb, way to possible end my season.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-04-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
did it look anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-cOu_cvam0
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
did you still stick it? i've been waiting for this weekend to pass for a while now. Lakes are about to be empty!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
We've got another two months before it really starts to cool off. It's been close to 100 all week. I love it. Plus the delta is clearing out. I'm riding better than ever. This time of year is the GOODS!!!

I'm stoked for winter, too. Snowboarding, Dirtbiking. I'm not even sure what season I like the best anymore.

Last year I never even broke out my wetsuit (I haven't worn a drysuit in 3 years). It might be time to get back into the winter gig, though. The flat water sure is nice.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-04-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
A-Dub

No man I ate drunkin shiat! hahahahahahaha, I knew once I heard the crunch I was F-ed. So dumb, I swore off doing dumb drunkin stuff like that a few years ago cause it never works out good. Pisses me off cause I can do a backflip no problem sober.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-04-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm from Quebec, Canada. I think that we are the nordess riders to put that much money in this sport for only 3 months or a bit more of riding! I include the wetsuit part (more than 1 month). I'm just starting to make good progress and it's almost the time to close the season!!! I'm about to enter in the boring period between wakeboarding and snowboarding... at least 3 months or more!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Let's play hockey!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
98 degrees here today !! Its hotter than the White Houses deep fryer.
Old    Slingshot            09-04-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
Its going to rain all weekend, and the days are getting shorter. Its dark my 8:00 now. Bummer! I can tell fall is here because the air is more crisp and its cold in the morning! At least our fall is long here so there is plenty of good riding to be done, and that also means less people out on the water messin up my glass! :-)
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
"I'm about to enter in the boring period between wakeboarding and snowboarding"
thats why they built these machines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8kZaTbGR8g&feature=PlayList&p=9F9270B758A 89ABB&index=19&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL#
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-08-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
Andy, we were out on bald eagle tonight and last night, and i got some of the best glass of the year!! it is a bummer that the sun is going down so early, but i dont think the water temps are as low as they could be considering its been getting down to like 50 at night. Ive been heater topping it and been almost to warm. hopefully this will last throughout sept. Bummer about your toe tho, kinda a crappy way to end the summer huh.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
Andy you can still wakesurf with a broken toe no problem. Haha just had to say it, hope it's not as bad as you think and that you'll be on the water in no time.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-09-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
We had Fish Lake in Maple Grove to ourselves tonight and 100% glass. Too bad the lightning started before we finished. 6 sets tonight.