Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Am looking at buying a Tige 07 22VE in Mesa this week. I don't see many boarders with this type of boat on this site. Is this a mistake with this boat for boarding? Price seemed good compared to Malibu or MC.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Supposedly Tige is built with the best rigging/construction.IMO I dont think so though. Remember you get what you pay for. Look to tige.com
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Looked at Tige's recently. Dealer says they have more fiberglass than any other.. Weighs more. Most don't come with ballast though..he said it did not need it with the extra weight and the TAPS2 system.. I see several 22VE's around here. all throw great wakes.. I think they have an awesome warranty on the hull..
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-16-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Friend of mine has the DD 22 and it throws a nice wake, but they need weight. I thought the boat was well built and performs well. I will consider a Tige down the road, but alot of that has to do with having a very good local dealer.
Old    freefly70            09-17-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
www.tigeowners.com

Good site very similar to the malibu, MC, and Moomba owners sites but can get some great info.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-17-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Go sit in a tige then go sit in a malibu mastercraft, CC or even supra. IMO the tige's "feel" cheaper.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Test drive, test drive, test drive.

As for ballast, Tige's do not need ballast for beginner to intermediate riders but can be integrated into the boat. There is the factory ballast system and an after market system also.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-17-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
"Tige's do not need ballast for beginner to intermediate riders"
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Sam, it wasn't intended as you stated. I am glad you had a laugh at my expense. Apparently you haven't been pulled by one.
Old    freefly70            09-17-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
I met a couple that did just that sat in the MC and went for a test drive in an X2 that same couple bought a 22Ve. I am sure they are just stupid of course why would any moron choose a Tige' over the holy grail of boats. Michael test drive them and get towed by them. Needless to say you can add ballast to a Tige' just like you can any boat.
Old    freefly70            09-17-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Oh yeah and forgot when I was getting demoed in the 20v without ballast the sales guy that works for my dealer did multiple inverts with twists etc so you gotta have a wedge and 4000lbs of ballast to do any tricks
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
It was only 4000 lbs and a wedge???? I would have thought it would have been more!!!!! :-)

Off Topic: Beer, did you get the boat that you were talking about from Dom?

(Message edited by dabell on September 17, 2007)
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-17-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
David, I've been behind a tige 20i, 06 22ve and an 07 RZ2. I haevn't been uimpressed with the wake on any of them. And the wake behind the RZ2 is laughable with no weight. The Rz2 does have exceptional handling, but the wake is nothng to write home about. IMO Tige is geared more towards the family wakeboard crusier. And there is nothign wrong with that.

(Message edited by wake1823 on September 17, 2007)
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
I have an '06 24V Tige, so the hull is much the same as the 22ve, I think.
As was stated above, if you are looking for a monster wake, then make sure you opt for the factory ballast system. The TAPS2 system is great for several things:
1. Quickly and easily changes the shape/size of the wake
2. Quickly and easily switching from wakeboard to ski
3. quickly and easily changing from one skill level rider to another.

Like anything though, if it is quick and easy, it may not necessarily be the best. For my family and the skill level we currently possess (this is where you REALLY need to be honest with yourself), we have no need for huge, monster wakes nor do we know anyone we regularly tow at that level so we enjoy the quick and easy part.

Unless the rigging quality has changed in the past two years since I took delivery of my boat (which is entirely possible since I believe they are in a new factory since then), I would have to doubt that Tige` could compete with either 'Bu or MC. I have not inspected a new Tige`, so I can't say for sure.
I do know that we chose the 24V because of the aforementioned quick and easy part, as well as being the best handling 24' wakeboat we tested in late '05. That may have changed as well.
They are built well, very thick and heavy. Our boat rides very well in the chop, depending on TAPS setting, but the tower rattles and shakes something terrible.

I hope this info is helpful, sorry for the longwinded-ness.
For what it's worth, my next boat will probably be either a "Bu or a MC, perhaps even a Sanger if I can find one close to me.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-17-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
We used a 24ve for a tournament earlier this year. It took a ton of weight, but after 3,000+ pounds of sacs it had a pro size/shaped wake. Big, clean and nice transition. A couple of the pro level riders were stoked. IMO I like the boats, just not the arrogant "we don't need ballast" BS line...
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-17-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Test drive it b4 you buy, they're solid boats.

Factory ballast is an option, and the 340 HP MP engine is solid. I haven't had any issues with mine except a sticky ignition switch. I have the same tower as SummerObsession, but mine is rock solid. By far my favorite tower of all others I've experienced.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
i don't see how some people think that the tige's "feel" cheaper. i'm in every type of boat under the sun and the tige's "feel" every bit as nice as all the other boats. i throw about 2600lbs in my RZ2 and i love the wake. everyone that boards behind my boat loves the wake. i haven't driven a weighted MC this year but with my RZ2 weighted down its the best handling weighted boat i've ever been in. and their tige speed set works awesome.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
I met some people on our local lake with a 2007 20 foot (not sure of the model) he was bummed that he was having to manually fill up fat sacks. His dealer told him TAPS was all he needed. He said it took a day to figure out that wasn't true. Also said there were some other minor things he wasn't too excited about but knew he paid less for the boat than a comparable MB or BU so he will live with it.
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Some guy on our lake has a 22Ve. I found the wake really hard and steep, which is how I like it. He even gets complaints from neighbours about potential "damage" from his wake...

On the flip side, I went nuts dealing with their so-called speed control system. Kept going out of speed within a 3MPH range each way! Also had the same problem on another Tige we demoed.

So if you get it, be sure to get the original Perfect Pass, if this option is available.}
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
Santa what year were the boats that you had problems with the tige speed set.