Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (arcticcat83)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
I started boarding last year and I can land 180's toe and heel side. I tried to start doing some 360's but I cant get the handle pass Ive practiced it on the trampoline and I can do it every time but when im in the water I cant pass the handle from my right to left can someone give me some tips cause its pissing me off thanx
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
It is easy on the tramp if you are using your shoulders. Jump then spin yourself only using the rope. This will teach you how to do it in the air. Don't spin off the tramp. does that make sense?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-07-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
I assume you're talking about heelside 360's and that you ride regular (left foot forward)?

Like Ron said, you need to initiate your rotation with the pull of the handle. Pop, pull, pass is the saying you will hear often. Pop off the wake first and pause for a split second to set your axis, pull with BOTH hands to your back hip to start your rotation, then pass the handle in the small of your back.

Don't worry about the spin as much as the handle pass. If you get that handle in tight and pass it in the small of your back then the spin will take care of itself. Be sure to cut into the wake with more of a flatter edge so that you can pop straight up and the rope won't be as tight.

Good luck!
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
Like Eubanks said, you need to pull the handle into your hips o start your rotation and that will also create some slack on the rope making it a little easier to handle pass.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Eubanks explained it better than me.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
To get the feel of the handle pass you could also try removing the fins from your board so they do not trip you and work just one wake or simply do surface 3's. This will help you get he feel of the pass with some tension and you can build up to the W2W 3's. This is how I was taught and it worked well for me. Eubanks is right on when he says to pause, you want to concentrate on the jump, if the jump is good then spin it. Once you have the handle pass you will begin to realize how much time you really have to throw a 360. Jump first, then spin. Good luck.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-12-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Do what Michael suggested! Slow the boat down to 15 mph or so and go back and forth 'inside' the wake doing surface 360s...just like you would in the air, moving left to right (or vice versa), except you are on the surface. You won't go off axis or you'll end up eating heelside edge :-)
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
do one off a roler its easyer then take it w2w