Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-10-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
I would like some ideas on how to weight a Sanger D drive open bow 21 foot. Have a friend that has one and some ideas would be good that way I have somewhere to start from. Right now we have a 550 in the walk way, 2 side sacks that are 250 each and another 250 side sack in the rear locker space. Wakes ok but I know he can add alot more. Any help will be helpful thanks all.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2006, 11:49 PM Reply   
Pm C.I.E.....Evan, he had a DLX with the reputation of having a chunky wake.

It has the same locker as the V210 so you should be able to get the custom 700 pounder for under the floor.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Squid, what's up bro?

I used to love that wake. It was a great boat. Here's what I used to run to make it happen for me:

-factory rear ballast (400lb hard tank all the way at the back)
-300lbs of lead in the rear clamshell compartments (again, all the way in back)
-300lbs under the front seat cushions in lead.
-500 sac under the floor in the nose/ski locker.

If we had a small crew we'd run another 400 sac across behind the motor cover. Having the factory ballast is a plus. If the boat doesn't have it, then see about getting a big 'ol 600 pounder for on the floor in the far back or substitute another 400lb of lead back there.

I was always happy with that wake and think it was only marginally smaller than the wake behind my X2. Only trouble was that the boat sat pretty low which got tough in rough water.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Evan, thanks we will give it a try. Dumb fool wanted to sell the boat and get a SAN. I know that boat throws good wake I have been behind some that kicked me to the moon. Is that hull the same as a V210?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Yup.... I'm not saying he shouldn't get a SAN, but the Sanger will most definitely get the job done. The biggest plus to going to a boat like a SAN would be that you get a bit more security when heavily loaded. The Sangers just sit super low when they are dumped. You just have to be heads up all the time. Let me know how it turns out.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
ok will do. His boat is paid off and its on the lake in early morings so its in butter so its no problem with that. I have just spoiled him with my wake. He has never weighted it right. I know what a sanger 210 will do. To me its the closest to a SANS wake.
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
squid,

is that jimmys boat? i got 260lbs in lead if he needs. 4 bars weigh 65 lbs. a piece
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-11-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Not the same hull. Draft is different.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Great wake. I liked riding behind Evans DLX.

(Message edited by jarrod on May 11, 2006)
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-11-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
Just sold my 99 DLX. Had it weighted like everyone else.
I lined the rear compartment with lead plates.
Used a 9"X11" brownie pan and layed some dri deck on the carpet. Had bags of lead shot in the front compartments.
Only reason I sold it was because I knew I would sink it in the Delta some day when a cruiser went by.
Try to explain to the insurance company why you have all that lead in there.
Great boat though!!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Gerry that would be grate. Ya thats Jimmys boat.
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
everyone is spoiled with your wake. i hate you squid!!! ha!! ha!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
I need to keep everyone that rides with me happy so they will come back and play with me. Shanna said that I ride so much I burn people out. I don't think 5 times a week is to much do you. She told me not to burn you and chell out so she dosn't haft to drive all summer again. I rember someone who would hope that I would not call them to ride cause their body was so beat up. They told me they dreaded the phone call to ride. Go figure. Boy must of been sick in the head.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2006, 1:09 AM Reply   
Move to NZ, I will ride with you 5 days a week & we can trade rides with the scary San and the slammed V210.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-12-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yah, I'm down to ride 5 days a week. Hell, I'd ride 7 if I didn't have so much work to deal with.

Sparky: are you thinking DLX or DXII. The DXII is a different hull although the angles are basically the same in a smaller package. The DLX and V-210 are the same hull.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-12-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
Squid-I wouldn't say I dreaded the call, just hoped you might not call one day so my body could rest an extra day or two. If I could get some people to go in the afternoon with me, I'd be back to 4 or 5 times a week again.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Evan, I was talking DLX. The V210 has two inches more draft than the DLX.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
Squid,
I have a 20DLX. We weight it with two 600#'s on the sides of the engine and I stuffed a 600#'er in the walk way. With the fuel tank (40gal) full you get a meaty wake with a good lip. It will through ya! It hunkers the boat down but it still handles well.