Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (chrissyg)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-26-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Does anyone know the name of the material used on a slider? I'm looking for an alternative to PVC pipe. The good sliders that I've ridden on have some type of plastic surface that is completely flat. Who knows what this material is called andd how I can acquire it? Thanks in advance to your replies.
Old    blind5            01-26-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
fiberon is an artificial decking. it slides slow compared to pvc, but really nice. it will tear your board up a little. and don't use hyperlites jib base on it, cause you'll stick like velcro.
home depot carries it in the wood section

owc uses sheeted pvc which is good for not damaging your board, and you have to get it from a pipe supply company

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-27-2005, 5:01 AM Reply   
Yeah that cutting board stuff they use at OWC is the best.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-27-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
OWC uses HDPE(high density polyethelyne) us plastics sells is in up tp 4x8 sheets, it is kind of pricey, cheaper than buying a new board because you wrecked yours on a cheap slider though:-)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-27-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
on the slider that I have made I have use sprinkler system PVC tubing, its cool cause it come in 300 foot rolls, and you set continuous lengths down the slider. you have to lay down serveral lines of it to cover the slidr heres a pic of my buddie getting the smack down on it.
rick smack down
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-27-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
pvc is a material, not a shape. it comes in many differnt sizes. you'll probably have to go to a special plastics supply house but you can get sheets, rools, tubes, anything of pvc/abs.

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-27-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
It got it at a lows, in the yard.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-28-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
every slider Ive built I use Trex, the material you use for decking. Ive found that works the best and everyone likes it.
Old    wsrmatt            02-03-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
yeah use trex. it slides slower than pvc but just right
Old    hba313            02-03-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
If you are willing to spend the money, what you want is HDPE (sheet plastic) We use 1/2 inch. It is very durable, and won't destroy your board as quickly. You can purchase it at a plastic supplier for about $100 per 4 x 8 sheet. Anything less than 1/2 will tend to buckle in the sun.