Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I just picked up a 2007 MB B-52V. The boat is sick but the only problem is that my stock stereo cuts out after 5 mins or so. The first problem was my amp connection.(Fixed) Now, the power to the stereo is there as well as to the amp, but when I have my radio at full volume all I hear is a whisper. Any suggestions on what to check?
Thanks in advance!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-28-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
How many speakers are wired in to the HU amp? My guess is all 6. At full volume your HU amp is going into protect mode. run 4 speakers max off your HU.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
yeah, and post some pics of this new boat!
Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Well I dont remember exactly how many speakers are in the boat but i want to say six plus a sub hooked into the amp via RCAs.
Here is my boat though:
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-28-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
do you have the stereo on mute? check all your HU settings. Are the speakers wired into the amp or HU? What is the gain set at on the amp?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Very Nice!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-28-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
You better get a TowTector or you're gonna pepper your boat with rocks, believe me I've been there. I've got a lifted Mega as well and it's no joke, mudflaps or not the boat will take a beating if you don't have something back there.
Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Checked the mute several times but still have issues. Also the speakers are wired into the AMP and the RCAs to the HU. None of the HU speaker wires are connected. Tried playing with the gain but that didn't do anything for me. The boat is in the shop today for its first service and hopefully they will try changing out my AMP with the one in the 08 . I just hope its fixed by our annual Don Pedro trip this weekend. Either way I still love my boat.
Thanks for all the input as well.
Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yeah good looking out nu bu. Definitely gotta put the towtector on. Thanks
Old     (oldschoolmalibu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Check the grounds.
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Last year, I had something similar happening that was dumbfounding us...until we checked the batteries. Our boat was supposed to be automatically switching the batteries, but the battery that the stereo was hooked up to was about dead, but the other battery was fine, and was starting and running the boat. We were really scratching our heads, thinking either the HU or the amps were bad, but we couldn't figure it out for a while. So, based on my experience last year, don't overlook the obvious and check both batteries and make sure they are good.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-28-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
definately use a volt meter and check voltage on yoru battery and at your amp, HU , ect.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
great looking boat if your dealership has problems finding the problem have them give tidal audio a call they a right next to the mb factory and no the sound system inside and out on your boat. they are doing all the upgraded sound systems for mb for 08 if you want to give john a call there 877-569-0763 he really knows is stuff. im sure he would be happy to help you out. again killer boat have fun.
Old     (slideinsidwayz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
John knows their product. Hooked me up w/ the Octopus last year, thing is great w/ the down fire speakers.
Old     (dodgemegacab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey thanks all for the awesome info.....so come to find out that it was a battery issue.
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-29-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
So was I right? Was it similar to what I described in my post above?