Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Hey I am hearing all these praises about the CIE Xstar's wake, and I was wondering how it is weighted. Im hoping one of the CIE guys will know exactly... lol

Also, when weighted, how does it handle taking rollers from the front. Do you have problems with it bow diving?? The pic below looks like its not even moving, and still about to nosedive a little.

Thanks for the info!!Upload
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-13-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
well i saw it at spring ride and it looked like it was handling like a champ as for bow dive i thought it was a couple of time times but it didn't i was impressed.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-13-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Chris, I am the one driving the X Star in the picture. I dove the double up contest in "Bone Crusher." This boat did not have a problem with nose diving at all. I did pump out the rear sacks. We had 7 people also in the boat. The wake was huge like any well weighted X star when you stop you must back off the throttle and turn right other wise you will take the wake wash over the back and fill the boat with water. The boat never took any water over the nose and the rollers where huge out there.
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-13-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
What size of motor is in it and how long does it take to get to wakeboarding speed?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-13-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   

quote:

The boat never took any water over the nose and the rollers where huge out there.

It did when it was tied up to the dock!
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-13-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
its a 8.1 liter V8 and it takes no time at all to get up to speed. i think it has been re-proped though.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Yup....it's got the 8.1. It jumps out of the hole just the same fully loaded or empty. We re-propped it to drop the rpm's. It was spinning like a small block at riding speed with the stock prop, so we went a bit bigger. All in all we're really happy with the 8.1. The fuel consumption is about the same as our old X2's with the MCX. The motor just doesn't have to work hard at all.

Weighting?!? It's just stock ballast. LOL!!! Actually I've heard of a lot of people running a lot more weight than us, but I've been really happy with our wake. We run 550's in the rear compartments (completely filled), then another 65lbs of lead in each side. In the center of the boat we're running about 200lbs spread out under the seats. In the nose (under the front seats) we're running 600lbs of lead. Take that recipe and add 10 people and it gets stupid big. Minus the people and it goes back to being "really nice".

Definitely an awesome boat. We always loved our X1/X2's, but this boat is really great. Tons of space and a really nice wake without adding all that much more weight than the X2's, plus it handles really well for a big boat.

Incidently.... it doesn't really take much water over the nose considering how low it sits, and yes, you do have to be careful coming off plane to prevent water coming in over the rear. Apparently that's just an X-star thing. Most of it usually just slides off the side of the sun deck, but I've soaked the back seat passangers a couple times. LOL!!!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Also: the boat handles fantastic loaded or not. Meaning that it turns on a dime no chime lock or anything even wheighted. A big plus in the delta. You never know what yahoo is gonna come around the corner.
It seems that the wakes have to get "dialed" a bit meaning that weight has to be move slightly here or there, but once you do the X-Star is a great wake, I would say unmatched wake(but I don't want to start that.) The 8.1L is the only way to go if you are going to run a weighted boat. So much power.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-14-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
During the double up contest I made a few sharp turns both ways and the boat responds terrificly.I will Second what Allen said, the boat handles fantastic loaded or not. Meaning that it turns on a dime no chime lock or anything even weighted.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
cause we don't want people thinkin we power turn
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
What's up w/ the NVS sticker, but yet, Fusions on the tower ... just an observation
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-14-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
what is chime lock?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-14-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
i think they mean chine lock. like the pockets at the edge of hull.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-14-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
there's an EPIC on the background of the pic...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Yup.... no chine lock. Sorry. LOL!!!

Tanner: NVS is a huge supporter of CIE and the Spring Ride. They've been with us since the beginning and were one of the events sponsors. Hence the sticker. We're also lucky enough to have a great relationship with Fusion wake accesories, who has outfitted our boats for the last two years. Different style products... Both very good.

Luciano: Epic was a sponsor of Spring Ride and was there in full force with three boats and two team riders. Neat boats. They've come a long way in the last two years since I saw the first prototype. Huge wakes.

(Message edited by guido on May 15, 2007)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-15-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
YAYAYA chine, chime same thing you all know what we mean.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Agreed....I got a chance to ride behind one yesterday and it just reminded me why I like the boat SOOO much.

One of the easiest boats to drive hands down and the wake is unmatched!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
What boat you refering to Big_E, Epic or X-star?
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
bone crusher----what a sick name lol
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
Darren,X-Star tho not stock for sure.(pro X series bags on top of stock)I think it's 1,800lbs + stock

Epic has a great wake as well just more like a Super Air....Ubrupt pop and hard landing.

I just love the way you can just charge the X-star wake without thinking it's going hurt.Even going into the flats seems like it lands softer b/c of the way it pops you,I know..... weird.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-15-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
i want to ride behind the bonecrusher so bad!
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-16-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
I'm curious if the name "Bone Crusher" came to be Before or After bones were actually crushed while riding it's wake?
CIE, please fill us in as some may not know the story.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
I think thats the sickest name for a wake boat EVAR
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Walt said it was named Bone Crusher after Al broke his tib riding behind it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Yup, what G said... It was pretty funny because three different people named it the "bonecrusher" without talking to eachother. I thought I came up with it, Billy thought he came up with it and Dave over at NorCal MC thought he came up with it. We all laughed pretty hard when we found out that we weren't that creative.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-17-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
did rusty ride behind it while he was out for the norcal rail jam?
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
More pics of the bonecrusher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
YA real funny.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I don't have pics of the boat but I have pics of the "Crushed Bone" man I need to ride I'm losin my mind 7 weeks and counting
Upload