Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
Check this out! In NC, A boat traveling at a high rate of speed, hit the embankment and ended up on I77 in the median. They had only owned the boat about 2 weeks. I'd say alcohol was a major factor, well that & stupidity. www.wsoctv.com/news/2421433/detail.html
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-22-2003, 2:14 AM Reply   
"Investigators aren't sure why the boat became airborne"

Uh, I'm going out on a limb here but I'll guess that it was due to the boat going really fast and then hitting the embankment.
Old    upupnaway            08-22-2003, 6:20 AM Reply   
Aw, c'mon guys, you always assume the worst! It is easy to see that a giant bird mistook the boat as a fish, picked it up and dropped it when it realized its error.
Or, it could be that the sales person that sold them the boat told them it was an amphibious vehicle?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
"Investigators aren't sure why the boat became airborne"

That is some funny shiiizzit!! LOLOL
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-22-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
hahahahahahahah, Mike, are you a standup comic? That must have been really nightmarish for all involved, what are the odds?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Or maybe they watched that James Bond movie where he jumped the boat over a road. If that was the case, major props to the bass masters for going big!!! Yeah they didn't make it, but give them credit for trying!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Might had helped if they checked the otherside of the road to see if there was water there first before they went big.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-22-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
New X-Games event - Freestyle Bassfishing! I can already see Metz, Deegan, Faist, and Jones on it! NO HANDED HEART ATTACK BACKFLIP TO STERILIZER LANDING! IN TRAFFIC! Sweet!!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
In the article it mentioned something about "Troopers say they found some alcohol in the boat." So what would the definition in NC on some alcohol? In SoCal that would be a couple of cans of beer. My guess is in NC when a trooper "that term cracks me up" ok a trooper says we found some alcohol. It would be a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels LOL

Hey Jeff, for the new X-Games event, would they get degree of difficulty points for downing a couple of bottles of JD? Or would that count as style points? LOL

Not bagging on NC, just the bass masters angle puts a funny image in my head. LOL

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 22, 2003)

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 22, 2003)
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
I heard that all of the people in the boat worked for Winston Cup teams..... The interstate is really close to the water there. what would you think if you were riding down the road and a boat came out of nowhere and clocked your car!!!! that's some crazy stuff.....
Jonathan.... there is water on the other side... they just didn't go big enough!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-22-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
I can hear it now in full redneck accent:

"hey, WATCH THIS!!"
"YER DOIN' EEIT!"

"that's the most powerful trollin' motor I've ever seen."
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
bonehead boater of the month award....

Not sure if anyone has seen those... In discovery bay and brentwood they always post a bonehead boater of the month... hilarious article every month... i think this guy wont for this month.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
"there is water on the other side... they just didn't go big enough!!!"

LOL Yeah maybe they should work on their progresive edge/throttle. They might have had that little extra pop to make it over. Kinda hit it like your going at a slider!! Oh, and don't forget to miss the General Lee cruising down the highway mindin it's own binesss!!!

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-22-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
A couple of years ago I was reading a Popular Mechanics magazine and they had a review of the fastest bass boats. The fastest boat did about 105mph with a 300hp motor.

That boat could have cleared it.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-22-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
I guess the boat had a continous rocker. They woulda made it if it had a 3 stage rocker!
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-23-2003, 4:49 AM Reply   
AINT' SKEEEERRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!
Old    upupnaway            08-24-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
I would love to have some video when the driver of the car made that claim to the insurance company.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-24-2003, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yeah, kinda like when the Southwest Airlines plane came in WAY too fast at Burbank a couple of years ago and ended up hitting cars on the street - and almost taking out a gas station.

Make, Model, and Year of the other vehicle: Boeing, 737, 1998.

That had to make some insurance adjusters day!
Old    upupnaway            08-24-2003, 9:21 PM Reply   
I remember seeing that on the news! its nose was hovering over the station parking lot, not 30 feet from the pumps.
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-25-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   

I heard that the Dukes of Hazard Theam was still playing on the radio when the Troopers got to the sean.
This dumb ass fel a sleep at he wheeel.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   

LOL
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
I took this off another site, thought their take on the incident was pretty funny, here you go:

I can just imagine the talk before this deal...
"Hey,Skeeter there's a highway up yonder.."
"Go under the bridge Dewayne"
"Uh,there ain't no bridge"
"What?"
"It's a dead end...OH
"We're out of beer!!"
"DAMMIT"
"Is that a liquor store on the other side?"
"Yeah,looks like it....What should we do?"
"GAS IT!!!"
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
Did their boat have the required stickers warning them of the possible consequences of running aground; or ahighway???

ITS NOT THEIR FAULT!!!