Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (still_not_famous)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-23-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...9/The-Real-WWA
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
haha classic
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-23-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
hahahahahaha thats awesome!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-23-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
haha. thats sic. they slayed that bank rail...
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-24-2011, 12:38 AM Reply   
word!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-24-2011, 4:54 AM Reply   
Hard. As. *Fill in blank*. Thats so awesome.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-24-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
i heard it once before and i'll say it again, shane was a bit ahead of time bringing out the wake pants
Old     (robe8300)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-24-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
k, ummm.. I don't know if I clicked the wrong link or what but I definitely didn't see a double cork? All I saw was a bunch of stupid white guys wakeboarding in their sweatpants with guns trying to be gangsters.

Could you please re-post the link of the actual "video of a double cork" and stop wasting my time?

Sincerely,

Frustrated WakeWorld User
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-24-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
this is way sicker than a double cork!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-24-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
i remember when i was 12, and i felt like this video! good job guys!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2011, 3:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by robe8300 View Post
All I saw was a bunch of stupid white guys wakeboarding in their sweatpants with guns trying to be gangsters.
^ this bahahahahahaha!
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
So. Gangst.
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-01-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey Robbie, I think you need to learn how to take a joke
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-01-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Ha, I thought I was on wakeworld when I went to their sbc website (literally is a carbon copy).

Didn't this same crew have a vid on here a while back, basically the same "technine snowboard movie (finger on da' trigger) eazy-e sections"?

And c'mon, how can you not love the Tall-T's?
Old     (robe8300)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-01-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
I can take jokes. But seriously, this video is so unrealistic. Do you seriously think poor gangsters could afford to go wakeboarding? And if they could, I'm sure they'd take off their sweatpants and t-shirts when they did it. God it just annoys me the direction these idiots are trying to take wakeboarding in. I bet the "Gangsters" in this video are probably just rich wanna-be white boys. And what makes it even worse is that they name the thread something cool just so they can rack up their view count. They should have called it 'Stupid Gangster Wakeboarding' so they didn't waste that 3:52 of my life.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-01-2011, 8:49 PM Reply   
Umm I'm pretty sure that this video was not intended to inspire people to be all thuged out while wakeboarding. It's all in fun man. I've watched it at least a dozen times and I think its cool to see something different with a little more creativity in these videos. They probably did it on purpose bc they know ppl like you can't find the humor in it and come on WW bashing them but it's really just giving them more hype. Haven't you ever seen FRIDAY man? C'mon.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2011, 8:55 PM Reply   
well the gangsters in that video are pro wakeboarder Kevin Henshaw, Dustin O'Ferrall, Matt Bibby, and Dylan Miller. You may not have heard of Dustin, Matt or Dylan but you should know who Henshaw is. And if you follow wakeboarding at all (well freeriding i should say) then you know who Dustin is. Matt and Dylan really came into the scene a few years back and are killing it as well.

And i doubt they named it something different just so they can rack up the view count like there is some reward for threads with high view counts.

Also why would you watch the whole video if you didnt like it. I know if there is something that i dont like within the first few seconds i have the mind power to turn it off. Well maybe one day you will find it in you to do the same.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
The song talks about "white squares". That's cocaine just so you know. Really positive for our sport. I like how they glorify smoking too. Man, they are so cool. And funny too. Those guys are really funny. I just roflmao twice.

Remember kids, if you drink and smoke and wish really hard, you can be a mediocre wakeboarder too!
Old     (robe8300)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-01-2011, 9:50 PM Reply   
Yes, I have heard of one of those guys.......Dylan Miller! The idiot who didn't wear a life jacket in that video! Now he smokes. I bet your parents are really proud Dylan. You're setting a great example for the up and comers Dylan. I agree with Cisco, the guy's a WakeWorld genius. Every time he posts, it is with great intent to strengthen and fix the wake industry.

Also you say Kevin Henshaw is a pro? I've never even heard of that guy and I went to a Pro Wakeboarder Contest one time. Nice try though.

Anyways, keep the great posts coming Cisco!

Just another reason to DON'T BE DYLAN!
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2011, 11:13 PM Reply   
Robbie:

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/uploads/...Untitled-1.jpg
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 5:28 AM Reply   
^^^
"IT'S A JOKE, RELAX!"

I don't think so. Jokes are supposed to be funny, and this video didn't make me lol.

Any brand that sponsors an athlete in our industry does so because people will want to emulate that athlete.

- Putting a rider on a Slingshot board will make viewers want to ride Slingshot.
- Putting a rider in Dragon sunglasses will make viewers want to wear Dragon shades.
- Putting a rider blowing smoke or lighting a cigarette will make viewers more likely to try smoking.

If you think that the smoking (or riding without a vest) in this video will have no affect on young males 12-19 yrs of age, then you should read about the psychology of marketing.

- Michael Jackson was paid to drink Pepsi in commercials, wasn't that to encourage people to drink Pepsi?
- Michael Jordan is paid to wear Nike apparel, isn't that done to make other people wear Nike?
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-02-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
Gq are you homosexual? Because it seems so by the way you promote it on your profile pics. U think young girls ages 13-19 are not affected by you running around snapping shots on the beach of two girls going at it. I would choose being gangster over being a *** anyday.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-02-2011, 6:34 AM Reply   
Btw I'm not offended by your pic but if you are on here to judge someones morals And set a good example then you need to just shut the f up

Last edited by jrich; 06-02-2011 at 6:38 AM.
Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       06-02-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
^ hahahahahahahaha lmao
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-02-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
I don't think so. Jokes are supposed to be funny, and this video didn't make me lol.

- Putting a rider blowing smoke or lighting a cigarette will make viewers more likely to try smoking.
in answer to your first point, I feel sorry for you. living life without a sense of humor must be truly depressing.
On your second point, you earn a high five. The fact your can opperate a keyboard and even navigate the Internet without having a brain in your head is clearly a wonder of nature because that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Do you always write stuff as stupid as this?

And Robbie, pick up any wakeboard magazine and you'll find Kevin Henshaw doing something cool. He's on the cover on Alliance for crying out loud.
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-02-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by robe8300 View Post
I can take jokes.
You're doing it wrong.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Wow you people take this Sh#t way to seriously! I'm sure the video was to be all in good fun and I thought it was cause real thugs slay rails hold'n their gat! Robbie, if you don't know who Kevin Henshaw is you need crawl back under that rock you came out of. And I want the 2 minutes of my life back for having to read your stupid posts.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I get the video is a joke, everyone in the video rips, and I think this thread is becoming awesome.... which BTW Dave we should have a "sticky" thread every month, like a best-of-craigslist only for the biggest ******* fight on wakeworld.... keep it up guys, you're making the work day fly by!

What I have a problem with is that maybe there are some kids are here, the next generation of riders lets say.... if they see this and somehow think that Tall-Ts and baggy sweats while riding are cool.... God help us all.

I think its a funny take on wakeboarding and a nice change of pace, but kids are stupid - they'll buy into it. I can't imagine if that was the "norm".... I look at snowboarding these days and 80% of the kids I see on a local hill/mt. are total goons..... because a few pros did something that caught on.

all for these videos to keep popping up (anyone have a link to the first one?! The rail riding in that one was great!) but please god put a disclaimer for kids that if they do what they see in this video and are serious about it.... I will personally assemble a team to hunt them down.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
D-nasty are you homo-phobic? I hope another person's preferences don't scare you. Do you sleep with a night light and a teddy?

Just cuz I am well dressed, in amazing shape, gifted at interior decorating, live with another man, and don't have a girlfriend or any real prospects, doesn't mean I'm gay. Sure I have been fooled by a tranny once or twice, but c'mon who hasn't? [the secret is to always look at the hands]

Moose99: I guess I should have been more specific and said "younger viewers" instead of just "viewers". But to answer your last question. Yes. I always write stuff as stupid as this. Just ask anyone else on this forum. Welcome to Wakeworld.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Dave is just pissed at Robbie cuz Dave is from the same province as Henshaw. All the Henshaw fanboys should be able to see that he is losing popularity, and so you shouldn't be surprised some people don't know who he is. I've never seen him land a mobe5 on video, and he doesn't have the rail skills to match the Deromes, Lidburg, or Nico. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I always thought he was a bit overated.

[Robbie lives under a rock? That's awesome! I want a rock house too!]
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-02-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Dude! TMI. You sound like you just came out the closet.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-02-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
I think this day in age there is a LOT more to worry about as a parent than kids Faux repping the "thug lifestyle"...things like facebook, social predators, the increasingly maturing of younger generations (ala 12 year old girls wearing prosti-tots clothing), etc. Then you have the guys promoting girl on girl action...something the father of any young daughter is truly concerned with.

In whole, the vid gets a thumbs up from me...different and unique with good riding.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
think this day in age there is a LOT more to worry about as a parent than kids Faux repping the "thug lifestyle"...
IIRC It wasn't long ago a wakeboard kid was shot and killed though... anyone have the link to that thread, really sad story and just a plain stupid death.
Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       06-02-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
bibby always acts like that lol
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Ok. I read this thread and then watched the video. I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously. It's a tongue in cheek video. It's nothing compared to what you see on every single episode of south park.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-02-2011, 10:54 AM Reply   
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
I think Robbie got you guys
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-02-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
This thread got so gnartastic I cant even handle it. I love Wakeworld. Dont change a thing.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
I think Robbie got you guys
word. Didn't want to ruin it tho!!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2011, 8:46 PM Reply   
Sick vid!
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2011, 10:47 PM Reply   
i'm probably not considered a younger viewer. i'm 28, but that video was so cool i started smoking the day after i watched it. i feel a lot cooler now too!

keep it up WWA. i love it.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
how can you say that Robbie got us guys?

Someone who barely knows anything about wakeboarding and had the nerve to say that Henshaw isn't a pro because he wasn't at a pro tour stops, deserves no credit whatsoever. Bottom line until you follow wakeboarding (or any other action sport for that matter) enough to know that there are pro riders outside of the contest riders than ever opinion you have is skewed. In all seriousness go pick up the may issue of alliance and gaze upon the cover and you will find Henshaw doing some freeriding as a pro getting paid.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-03-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Someone who barely knows anything about wakeboarding and had the nerve to say that Henshaw isn't a pro because he wasn't at a pro tour stops, deserves no credit whatsoever.
And by saying that as a joke GOT YOU worked up.... if that was his intention, he got you!

.... and wait, did they have lifejackets?!.... GO!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
word. Didn't want to ruin it tho!!
Holy canadian bacon, I dont think I did!!!!!
Old     (jeffM)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-03-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
This video is clearly where the sport is heading. Just look at rollerblading, and skateboarding all those guys are really gangster like these guys. It's just a matter of time.

.... and wait, did they have lifejackets?!.. (Very good point Nick Tomsyck)
In my opinion, as soon as I see a wakeboarder riding without a life preserver on, I immediately think of how skilled, determined, and professional they are. It takes alot of balls to be able to ride and be xtreme, fully knowing that if you crash you might die. I've done it once, and could hardly gap the wake without thinking of the consequences. Drowning kills tons of americans every year, and probably alot of others around the world. The WWA guys aren't scared of drowning. These guys are insane. They ride with guns and never wear vests.
Way to go guys, good work, and especially on the sliders.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-03-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
^^ rollerblading?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-03-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
rollerblading?
you got a problem with rollerblading?!
Old     (wakeboarder557)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
If you are taking this video seriously, you are officially a douche and should seriously get off the internet until you get a sense of humor.
Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       06-03-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
The song talks about "white squares". That's cocaine just so you know. Really positive for our sport. I like how they glorify smoking too. Man, they are so cool. And funny too. Those guys are really funny. I just roflmao twice.

Remember kids, if you drink and smoke and wish really hard, you can be a mediocre wakeboarder too!
But your profile picture and quote are so "positive for our sport"?
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-03-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Hell nah. I had a pair of "aggresive inlines" back in the day. It's just been a good while since I have seen it referenced!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-03-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Old     (robe8300)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-03-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
How does it make any sense to be a PRO without riding on the PRO tour? Gosh you guys are dumb. It's like calling an football player pro without being in the NFL
Old     (wakeboarder557)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2011, 11:57 PM Reply   
Robbie, you are retarded.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
How does it make any sense to be a PRO without riding on the PRO tour? Gosh you guys are dumb. It's like calling an football player pro without being in the NFL
Guess what this is the definition of....
2. "Engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime"

If I work at Subway and that is my only job... I'm a professional sub-maker
If I work painting houses and that is my only job.... I am a professional painter
If I work as a wakeboarder and that is my only job... I am a professional _________ (Fill it in Robbie, you can do it!)
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
There was some awesome riding in this video however..

riding with a gun and flaunting it in the camera?
without a vest?

dont be dylan... young jeezy blows too
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-04-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Back lips look way cooler with gatt in hand. haha
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I've never seen him land a mobe5 on video, and he doesn't have the rail skills to match the Deromes, Lidburg, or Nico. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I always thought he was a bit overated.
I don't think mobe 5's are the benchmark of every pro out there unless you're wanting to win on the Pro tour. Does Benny G, Randall or Lyman do mobe 5's?
And considering he just won the fise contest in france and came second at that Red Bull Wake the line, I'd say he's pretty good on rails.
And I'm from BC to, so I guess I'm just another fanboy.

And Robbie, the joke is up buddy. Aren't you the same Robbie McMillin who rides Jr Pro Men?
Old     (M4rkJ)      Join Date: May 2011       06-05-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Yes, that is the same Robbie McMillin who rides in the Jr Pro division. He's also good buddys with all the guys in this video and has been living two doors down from Dylan and riding with him every day.

He probably just posted that **** to show how retarded the people on wakeworld really are.

Jus Say'n
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-06-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rkJ View Post
Yes, that is the same Robbie McMillin who rides in the Jr Pro division. He's also good buddys with all the guys in this video and has been living two doors down from Dylan and riding with him every day.

He probably just posted that **** to show how retarded the people on wakeworld really are.

Jus Say'n

exactly.... I wanted to post this for a while but thought I'd let it ride out

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-06-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ks-On-The-Wire
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       06-06-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
It really upsets me that someone would go to this length to hurt Randall and Ricky G's feelings..........
Old     (M4rkJ)      Join Date: May 2011       06-07-2011, 6:12 AM Reply   
Lol thats the same guys from the WWA video plus Rathy and Robbie. You guys are retarded
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-07-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
LOL! This is sooo amusing! Why yall triing to beat each other up? Really ha!

JUST GO RIDE!
Old     (jeffM)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-11-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       06-11-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Its even better the second time, you people are ridiculous...

I wonder if this will start a war between their crew and WSR?