Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tyerone44            07-01-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
has anyone ever heard of side board racks? someone said they have seen them before. does anyone have any pics? and what do you think of them. thanks
Old    flipside            07-01-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
U mean racks that hang on the side of towers so as to keep the boards out of the boat and out of the way at all times??

U mean like the racks on this boat...

http://www.wakepics.com/images/backgrounds/action/gac_action_1_1600.jpg

FlipsidE
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-01-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
I've seen them on this site somewhere. It was a few months ago. They mount on the gunwales. They were on a sweet boat that had racks for about 10 boards.
Old    damnation            07-01-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Check my profile. Is that what you're talking about?
Old    tyerone44            07-01-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
dave, you've got it. where the heck did you get those and how do they work? is there any way that I could make one of these? thanks for the help dave. by the way did i mention that I want your boat.
Old    wes_the_gimp            07-01-2003, 6:24 PM Reply   
Awesome! I need those too!
Old    flipside            07-02-2003, 4:52 AM Reply   
My local ski shop sells 'em. And if they don't have one in stock, they can order them. Wow...I had no idea there were so many people who didn't know about these racks. I just got back into wakeboarding about a month ago, and I've yet to see a wakeboarding boat w/out a set of these racks. They truly are GREAT things!!

FlipsidE
Old    damnation            07-02-2003, 6:18 AM Reply   
Tye, the racks are the regular Skylon racks (from last year). The guy that I bought the boat from installed them, but they are just bolted through the top of the gunwhale. The racks have a pin release so you can still use your cover without modifying it.

They really are nice to have. The only problem (which isn't a problem once you get used to it) is that you have to keep tension on the rope when picking up a rider b/c the rope will get caught on the boards. Call Skylon and ask them about the mounts. I didn't see them on their website, but I know they have them.

Thanks for the compliment on the boat. Sorry, you can't have it, but if you're ever in VA you can get a pull.

If I get a chance I'll take some close up pictures if you are interested in making them.
Old    tyerone44            07-02-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
some close up pics would be awesome thanks alot
Old    damnation            07-03-2003, 5:40 AM Reply   
OK, I'll take some pictures, but it might take a little while. I don't have a camera so I'll have to borrow one from someone. I'll get them to you as soon as I can.